Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: valve springs  (Read 12420 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: valve springs
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2007, 05:36:23 AM »

I can ask, can't promise anything,

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2007, 03:18:51 PM »

As long as there are part numbers floating around; this is a little off topic but just in case anyone is interested, the PN for the SE 110+ heads is 17071-08 in black and 17072-08 in silver.

Redesigned 95cc chambers; 2.120” intake; 1.623” exhaust; 0.650” max lift.

I missed the PN for the 110 and 113 pistons; sorry.

djkak

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2007, 10:51:39 PM »

Unbalanced,

Can you get part numbers from the 08 110 inch race kit for springs and intake/exhaust valves? The 07 part numbers are 18272-00 for inner and outter springs.  valves, the 07 part numbers are 18183-03 exhaust, 18187-07 intake. It would be interesting to compare against the 08 race kit numbers if you can get them..

good luck

Unbalanced is driving home from Clearwater he says:
"the whole 110 kit is 29931-08, head front 17288-08, rear 17252-07. You can go to Harley & break them down from there... Showing the part but not # ... Rear head changed & there a higher lift spring. He looked it up today but didn't write it down... Thy're higher than the 575... One has a 07 P/N, one 08 P/N... HeaD CHANGED IN 08 KIT... Now you apples 2 apples... & find out what Harley changed ... He ran out of time... Front head changed rear head didn't.. . Deosn't know what it is...

Does any of this make sense?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2007, 12:08:00 AM »

AJ thanks just got home 2 3/4 hours later /sigh I hate i-4.

In a nutshell,

I broke down the kits today, but didnt get the print out of the spring differences between 07 stock and 08 stage2 kit.   The 08 kit isnt in the regular 08 catalog /parts book, and no one has the 08 Screaming Eagle Catalog that I know of yet, so I couldnt verify if it was in there or not.   the biggest difference seen was the 08 kit uses the 07 rear head, but has a whole new part number for the front head.   If you go down to your local harley you will be able to do a complete breakdown on the front and rear heads to find out what springs / valves are in them.

Sorry I ran out of time today and didnt get a chance to get it printed out or write it down, I had to pickup  2 new needle bearings for a buddy and get back.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2007, 10:29:16 AM »

AJ thanks just got home 2 3/4 hours later /sigh I hate i-4.

In a nutshell,

I broke down the kits today, but didnt get the print out of the spring differences between 07 stock and 08 stage2 kit.   The 08 kit isnt in the regular 08 catalog /parts book, and no one has the 08 Screaming Eagle Catalog that I know of yet, so I couldnt verify if it was in there or not.   the biggest difference seen was the 08 kit uses the 07 rear head, but has a whole new part number for the front head.   If you go down to your local harley you will be able to do a complete breakdown on the front and rear heads to find out what springs / valves are in them.

Sorry I ran out of time today and didnt get a chance to get it printed out or write it down, I had to pickup  2 new needle bearings for a buddy and get back.

In '08 the location of the top stabilizer link was moved from between the heads under the tank to the front of the front head. Just a heads-up. :)

djkak

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2007, 02:40:51 PM »

In '08 the location of the top stabilizer link was moved from between the heads under the tank to the front of the front head. Just a heads-up. :)

djkak

:2vrolijk_21:
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

redtwin

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: FXR-4
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
    • CVO3: 2010 ROADDGLIDE
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2007, 10:22:26 AM »

dealer ended up putting bike back together stock,he said rep red flagged all performance up grades to the 110,sounds like alot of BS to me

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2007, 08:10:47 PM »

Let me understand this

Once your warranty work was completed they wouldn't do any performance mods to your bike at your request ?

Is that correct?

Once the warranty was approved how in the hell would the rep have any clue what was put back into your bike.   They don't ask for a verification of installation ticket.   Besides the RO can show anything they want and you can pay the difference.   Me thinks someone just fed you a bunch of bull.

Besides its your motor cycle why wouldn't they do what you wanted to it.  /boggle

Sounds like you have a case like ole Hoist and need to find another dealer.

blowncobra

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Blue
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Street Glide Orange Lava
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2007, 03:12:55 PM »

Hey guys, click this link below, maybe this is why

http://www.aimag.com/epa/Jan06-pt1.htm

Although the EPA is understaffed and lacks funding or should i say miss managed to be more accurate.

Although i do not know this to be the reason for the dealer not wanting to do mods for sure, i can speak from experience that when that little girl from epa was given a title and some authority they created a power hungry monster!  Perhaps the bike market is just the newest target for them? :confused5:

Heck if they want to clean up things how about no idiots using a cell phone while driving slow in the fast lane! or how about stop approving more development until they build roads to handle the additional motorists, time the traffic lights and get rid of these limited access roads with 5 miles of no U-turn signs that cause us to drive 10 miles up and back to get to where we are going, get the aircraft traffic efficiant instead of sitting on the run way for 1 1/2 hours waiting to take off. Last but not least get rid of the morons in congress and senate (some flying private jets around) waisting our money passing resoloutions that don't mean a darn thing. THANKS PELOSI. :soapbox:

Heck cows put off more emissions than all the cars and bikes in the world!

Glad i got that out of my system!

THE WHOLE WORLD NEEDS A DRINK :drink:

http://www.epa.gov/compliance/resources/newsletters/civil/enfalert/defeat.pdf

THE WHOLE WORLD NEEDS A DRINK

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2007, 03:18:10 PM »

I vote for blowncobra for Head of the EPA!!! Or maybe even President. But can the left lane be for fast bikes only please?!!! ;) ;D Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

redtwin

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: FXR-4
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
    • CVO3: 2010 ROADDGLIDE
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2007, 05:48:44 PM »

I think  the bike may end up at cycle rama

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 07:17:40 PM »

Redtwin,

If your bike ends up at Cycle-Rama have Chuck do the assembly work on your bike he is a good tech and runs the dyno there.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.