Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: what age will i be when i cant ride anymore  (Read 5511 times)

REGGAB

Re: what age will i be when i cant ride anymore
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2007, 10:23:56 PM »

It actually (surprisingly) wasn't even even thing weird or stupid.  Just an afternoon in summer sun.  All afternoon in mom's back acreage bringing down several large old trees and lots of smaller stuff and then clearing out the mess a bit.  Good dishonest labor.  But at the end of the day I did not smell pretty.

Alrighty Then!   ::)

REGGAB

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2007, 10:25:52 PM »

Are you sure ? They say chickens run around for quite awhile after they've been beheaded, flappin and jukin.  :o

B B

Yep, that's true........and it works the same way if you do it old school by snapping their necks.........even the beak still works for a little while.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2007, 10:35:32 PM »

Yep, that's true........and it works the same way if you do it old school by snapping their necks.........even the beak still works for a little while.

That explains it. Thanks REGGAB  :D

harleydiva

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2007, 07:35:47 AM »

Age is a state of mind .....

REGGAB

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2007, 10:54:59 AM »

Yeah.........that's true.  I wake up every morning thinking I'm still a teenager.........and spend most of my day thinking I'm younger than I am........and then I move.  I'm quickly, and in no uncertain terms, emphatically reminded that my body don't work that way anymore.  So, though my mind says I'm a young sprout, my body lets me know I no longer posses the unlimited mobility/impact tolerance/agility/resilience I had when I was a young sprout.
But I get around pretty OK for a young old dude with over 20 years of Army mileage.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2007, 12:48:58 PM »

Diva, you are absolutely right.  Most days  :huepfenlol2: .

But today I'm feeling the effects of spending yesterday afternoon and evening being a few times up and down four 60' trees and bringing them and several smaller ones down.  Then clearing most of the mess.  Not doing too bad for an old fat guy today.  But I might not be typing right now were it not for the "Thera-Gesic" tube of stuff I rubbed on my hands and shoulders a couple of hours ago.

A little later this afternoon it'll be a state of mind again.  This morning it's also a state of other parts too  :mango: .

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2007, 12:52:37 PM »

I absolutely agree Diva! Peter Pan's an old pr*ck, I'll never grow up!!! ;D Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2007, 01:11:36 PM »

You have to keep challenging your mind with new things, IMO.  So many older folks in their 70's/80's seem to become so fearful of new things.  Intimidated by new technology, new ideas, etc.  Sure, one of these days my body will simply not allow me to do what my mind wants me to (The Little Feat line: your mind makes a promise that your body can't keep), but I'll not become a shut in, scared to drive down the road in my car, bike, or whatever I'm able to safely operate by then.  If I do, somebody just shoot me...please.

By continuously pushing your mind, and to what extent you can, your body, you will stay young in spirit, and that will carry a long way....
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2007, 01:22:10 PM »

I can't give a certain age when I will no longer be able to ride, but it will probably be about the same time that I no longer appreciate the rarest of birds- the double breasted matress thrasher :huepfenlol2: -Retail Steve
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2007, 01:40:21 PM »

I can't give a certain age when I will no longer be able to ride, but it will probably be about the same time that I no longer appreciate the rarest of birds- the double breasted matress thrasher :huepfenlol2: -Retail Steve
Hmmmm, they're not very rare in my neck of the woods, thank goodness. :P 
I'll become too old to ride when I become too old to ride.  Until then, I'm going to ride.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
 :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

harleydiva

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2007, 03:51:46 PM »

I absolutely agree Diva! Peter Pan's an old pr*ck, I'll never grow up!!! ;D Hoist! 8)

I just can't decide what I want to be when I grow up.

theslash

• Full CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 10:00:01 AM »

Yeah.........that's true.  I wake up every morning thinking I'm still a teenager.........and spend most of my day thinking I'm younger than I am........and then I move.  I'm quickly, and in no uncertain terms, emphatically reminded that my body don't work that way anymore.  So, though my mind says I'm a young sprout, my body lets me know I no longer posses the unlimited mobility/impact tolerance/agility/resilience I had when I was a young sprout.
But I get around pretty OK for a young old dude with over 20 years of Army mileage.

what he said
SLASH

rmarion

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2007, 08:42:48 PM »

me and my 75 y/o oldman on a ride to cheer on my Bride last year during her 3 day Breast Cancer walk...........

2006 FLHTCUSE - Candy/Black
SERT
SEAC
Branch Head Work
BP 595 cam gear drive
2:1 RB Racing Black Hole
Hawgwired Speakers & Amps
Rock & Roll Paint
Danny Grey Seat

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2007, 01:05:15 PM »

I'm goin till I stop breathin.

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2007, 01:57:24 AM »

Hopefully we'll all have to deal with this question at one time or another...if not then we likely went to soon. I'm 37 and have been on motorcycles for 32 of those years. When the day comes I can't continue on 2 - I will shed a few tears and lose a little bit of smile that will never be replaced. But I will never forget the peace I find in the wind. If I can continue on 3 wheels, great. If not, so be it. Luckily we have many options. Today's technology has created amazing trikes, then there's the ride on / bolt on dolly that makes it a 4 wheeler. I am looking to add a sidecar to my RK anyways just for fun.  :)
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 24 queries.