Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: what age will i be when i cant ride anymore  (Read 5478 times)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: what age will i be when i cant ride anymore
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2007, 09:23:12 AM »

Interesting debate,
All of the examples of older folks riding is encourageing and we all hope we can do the same. Keep riding well into our golden years and maybe until the day we die. I wish us all luck in the effort.  :2vrolijk_21:

Maybe on a bike it's a little different since in most cases the only person getting hurt would be the rider, unless he has a passenger or is in a group riding. Remember the old Clint Eastwood expression "A man has to know his limitations!" I hope we don't become one of those guys who is a "legend in his own mind."
I have seen many people go to an early grave because they failed to acknowledge their decreased physical abilities and tried to keep driving,etc. On a bike that would be an individual's choice of how to go but in a car or truck that is different because they are a danger to everyone on the road.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2007, 09:44:11 AM »

Hey if we make it to 09 HD will have a Lehman trike in prodution.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

vagabond6542

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2007, 01:14:34 PM »

Interesting debate,
All of the examples of older folks riding is encourageing and we all hope we can do the same. Keep riding well into our golden years and maybe until the day we die. I wish us all luck in the effort.  :2vrolijk_21:

Maybe on a bike it's a little different since in most cases the only person getting hurt would be the rider, unless he has a passenger or is in a group riding. Remember the old Clint Eastwood expression "A man has to know his limitations!" I hope we don't become one of those guys who is a "legend in his own mind."
I have seen many people go to an early grave because they failed to acknowledge their decreased physical abilities and tried to keep driving,etc. On a bike that would be an individual's choice of how to go but in a car or truck that is different because they are a danger to everyone on the road.

I couldn't agree, better.
Being 65 and inseam challenged, your skill will keep you alive and healthy for a long ride into the years. I am looking for 100 myself. Been riding since 1976.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2007, 01:30:05 PM »

Until This comes to get you!

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2007, 02:01:22 PM »

I have thought about the age thing recently.  I have been riding for over 40 years (33 years legally on the street.  I am 47 and hope I have at least another 30 years of riding (maybe by that time I will have got it out of my system :nixweiss:).

I have said in the past that I will never go to a trike.  If I can't lean into the turns, I am not sure I want to keep riding.  However, some of the new leaning trikes might change my mind.

At 47 I already feel the effect of the years.  I can go out and get on the bike just fine, but after riding 150 miles non-stop it is a little harder to get out of the saddle than it was years ago.  No matter - I am going to ride until I can't  :bananarock: :orange: :apple: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 20 queries.