Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Papa needs a brand new ride..........  (Read 4049 times)

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Papa needs a brand new ride..........
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 03:06:27 PM »

Rog,

Nice SG, and you know I like the SGs, but where's the pic of the Maserati Quattraporte?

Kathy

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007, 03:16:11 PM »

Hey Rog, why aren't you taking the SE Wide Glide to the country house? :nixweiss: That's a perfect bike for knocking around the countryside! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2007, 03:20:42 PM »

Hey Rog, why aren't you taking the SE Wide Glide to the country house? :nixweiss: That's a perfect bike for knocking around the countryside! ;) Hoist! 8)
I think this would be the main reason...

I thought about another SEUC and strip it down a bit, Street Glide is what I really want I think, but it is hard to pass up the amenities of the SEUC especially since we are two up a lot and Cindy (me too) really likes the intercom when we are riding.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2007, 03:29:15 PM »

You FD guys kill me!!! ::) That Black Flamed WG would look great next to my SERK! ;D Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2007, 03:36:00 PM »

You FD guys kill me!!! ::) That Black Flamed WG would look great next to my SERK! ;D Hoist! 8)
Heh, I'm not knocking the WG at all. It's just that he's getting it for two up riding and he's getting what his BSR likes. Can't blame him for that.

If I could I'd love to have a chopper in my stable, but only can afford one bike w/my OCD. ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007, 12:16:51 AM »

Both of these bikes are going to end up with the dealer for his summer place.

I will do something but still a bit unsure of the final formula.

As for the SWG Howie, it is a great bike, but it has 1,000 miles on it since I just don't do much tooling around on it.  If Cindy is going she is not going on the "bar bike", it's balloon tires or she isn't getting on it.  It all started with a road king and has just seemed to progress.

The SG is great but I start looking at what it doesn't have and it is just too much, so I'm beginning to lean to a '08 Ultra, possibly a SEUC but most likely just a regular Ultra with a list like LD.  If it gets too out of hand I'll wait and see what the '09's have and just ride the '06 until then.

Decisions, decisions, just too damn many right now so I think I'll continue to wax poetic over what will be the perfect bike.  I still think it should have been the 2008 SESG that the yahoo's from the MoCo should have built this year IMHO.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2007, 05:18:12 PM »

70 degrees and at wrk on a Saturday, what am I thinking?

Oh crap, better go give that SG a little run and clear the cobwebs of spending most of its life in a warehouse and from the long ride it had on the truck to get to Bellingham.

First impressions, really like the ride height 1" lower than stock, like the six speed, miss the cruise, miss the Traxxion, miss the progressives, miss the true track, no nav, no bluetooth, small motor, but man what a great day for a ride.

I think I'm leaning toward the '07 SEUC and stip it a bit.  Just not sure right now still.  Oh well,  :worthless: so here you are, proof I was in the wind, stopped to get a timed pic for all ya' all.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2007, 06:01:03 PM »

70 degrees and at wrk on a Saturday, what am I thinking?

Oh crap, better go give that SG a little run and clear the cobwebs of spending most of its life in a warehouse and from the long ride it had on the truck to get to Bellingham.

First impressions, really like the ride height 1" lower than stock, like the six speed, miss the cruise, miss the Traxxion, miss the progressives, miss the true track, no nav, no bluetooth, small motor, but man what a great day for a ride.

I think I'm leaning toward the '07 SEUC and stip it a bit.  Just not sure right now still.  Oh well,  :worthless: so here you are, proof I was in the wind, stopped to get a timed pic for all ya' all.
Roger,
From what you say you are missing you would do better to get a SG and add on to it. Either way you are going to want to change to Traxxion, Progressives, and Tru-Trak. Navigation you can get a lot better system aftermarket w/bluetooth included (Zumo, Zumo, Zumo ;D) With a brand new SG you could do the 103 kit and be were you are w/you current SEUC, and you'd have the six speed. Take the BSR for a ride on the SG and see what she's missing and then decide unless you've got your heart set on a SE.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2007, 06:18:27 PM »

Roger,
From what you say you are missing you would do better to get a SG and add on to it. Either way you are going to want to change to Traxxion, Progressives, and Tru-Trak. Navigation you can get a lot better system aftermarket w/bluetooth included (Zumo, Zumo, Zumo ;D) With a brand new SG you could do the 103 kit and be were you are w/you current SEUC, and you'd have the six speed. Take the BSR for a ride on the SG and see what she's missing and then decide unless you've got your heart set on a SE.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

You know how it goes Gary, with me usually a bike is like "WHAM" that's what I want.  No bike has hit me like that since the SEUC, not even the newer SEUC2 or 3. I guess right now with the house still not done and not getting done until late September, I'm not under the gun to get something.

I did ride the DWG down to the storage to get the SG and I must say, Howie has a point there as well.  Its like riding a tinker toy the way it goes around corners and you can throw it around.  You are close to the ground and it has the feel of what I remember a bike is "supposed" to be.  Not that its a perfect world either.  But on a warm day like today in a shirt and gloves and no windshield, the warm wind in your face and just putting down the road it is a good way to go.  (Don't tell Cindy, but I might not find a buyer for the DWG and just have to keep it too)

Anyway, it was great to get the chance to ride the SG and I'll have to take it for a more serious ride before Mike picks it up.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2007, 06:21:43 PM »

You know how it goes Gary, with me usually a bike is like "WHAM" that's what I want.  No bike has hit me like that since the SEUC, not even the newer SEUC2 or 3. I guess right now with the house still not done and not getting done until late September, I'm not under the gun to get something.

I did ride the DWG down to the storage to get the SG and I must say, Howie has a point there as well.  Its like riding a tinker toy the way it goes around corners and you can throw it around.  You are close to the ground and it has the feel of what I remember a bike is "supposed" to be.  Not that its a perfect world either.  But on a warm day like today in a shirt and gloves and no windshield, the warm wind in your face and just putting down the road it is a good way to go.  (Don't tell Cindy, but I might not find a buyer for the DWG and just have to keep it too)

Anyway, it was great to get the chance to ride the SG and I'll have to take it for a more serious ride before Mike picks it up.
More reason for you to let Cindy pick out her "other house" scooter too. ;) You should be able to at least have one bike you can say is yours. :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2007, 06:32:17 PM »

More reason for you to let Cindy pick out her "other house" scooter too. ;) You should be able to at least have one bike you can say is yours. :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Ah, a voice of reason, I like your thinking.  I guess I'm keeping the DWG3.  I better start making a list of must haves for Cindy's new (other) bike.  Man is she expensive..........but I must admit, she didn't bitch at all when I duped her bike and she heals up quick too.

I know she's a keeper and one in a million or so, I sure don't need to pizz her off though.  I better start with just the necessities.

Street Glide in Vivid Black

Traxxion
True Track
Progressives/Bi-Tubo
Bluetooth
Nav
Wireless intercom would be nice (J M Helmet set up)
HID
Brake tail turn relay
True Duals
Rhineharts
SERT
103 upgrade
Cruise
Fogs
(Is this starting to look like a SEUC?)

I know I missed some things but it is just the short list for now :drink:

« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 06:34:05 PM by Rjob749 »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2007, 06:43:45 PM »

Change those ugly wheels!

A good friend of mine bought a new 07 Black Street Glide and hated the stock cast wheels.

He's looking good now!

His bike has BB's Road Glide wheels and he is loving them.

I bought them because I thought they were good looking.

On his Street Glide turns out I was right.

S
  /
    B

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2007, 06:54:06 PM »

Ah, a voice of reason, I like your thinking.  I guess I'm keeping the DWG3.  I better start making a list of must haves for Cindy's new (other) bike.  Man is she expensive..........but I must admit, she didn't bitch at all when I duped her bike and she heals up quick too.

I know she's a keeper and one in a million or so, I sure don't need to pizz her off though.  I better start with just the necessities.

Street Glide in Vivid Black

Traxxion
True Track
Progressives/Bi-Tubo
Bluetooth
Nav
Wireless intercom would be nice (J M Helmet set up)
HID
Brake tail turn relay
True Duals
Rhineharts
SERT
103 upgrade
Cruise
Fogs
(Is this starting to look like a SEUC?)

I know I missed some things but it is just the short list for now :drink:

Roger,
Seriously consider going w/the Zumo for the two things I've crossed out above. You'll save money (damn that's not like me not to spend money :o) and you'll get better features. The Zumo will integrate w/the J&M set up you mentioned above (check w/Don to verify). Other then the cruise, fog lights, and the motor upgrade would be the only things you'd have on a SEUC. To tell you the truth w/all the problems we've been hearing about the 110's and me not already having a SE I'd seriously have to think hard about getting one :nervous:, and think it may be better to just upgrade a 96ci to 103ci. If you really wanted a custom paint then you could have your tins painted "one of a kind" and have your own "CVO". :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2007, 07:00:01 PM »

Change those ugly wheels!

A good friend of mine bought a new 07 Black Street Glide and hated the stock cast wheels.

He's looking good now!

His bike has BB's Road Glide wheels and he is loving them.

I bought them because I thought they were good looking.

On his Street Glide turns out I was right.

S
  /
    B

:2vrolijk_21:
I'll second that... Change the wheels as Chip mentioned w/the money you'll save for not paying for the overpriced lack of features Navigation/Bluetooth that the MoCo has.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2007, 08:38:35 PM »

Me too on the wheels guys.

I really actually like lace wheels, old school, I haven't had issues with them either.

I hear you Gary with the NAV deal.  Most likely look into non factory there if I even feel I need NAV on this one.  If I took a long ride we'd most likely do it o the SEUC anyway.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 20 queries.