Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: To damn hot  (Read 6464 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: To damn hot
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2007, 05:43:25 PM »

Had the chance to get out and ride today as we were experiencing a cold front (mid 80's - 90's). ;D Did it ever feel good to be back in the wind, and not feeling like I was in a sauna riding. Only took a short trip (about 100 miles) to see my oldest daughter and grandkids. Always nice to have your three y/o granddaughter run up into your arms and tell you she wants to go to your house. Talking about melting like hot butter, she has that affect on me everytime I see her. Along w/seeing my new grandson (2 months old today) it was a great day to be on a short ride and in the wind.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2007, 06:33:03 PM »

This is ridiculous. There is nothing below 102 in next weeks forecast in Memphis. Monday and Tuesday are highs of 106 and that is actual, not heat index.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 06:36:43 PM by MJZ »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2007, 07:47:54 PM »

This is ridiculous. There is nothing below 102 in next weeks forecast in Memphis. Monday and Tuesday are highs of 106 and that is actual, not heat index.

It is, Mark...stayed in the house most of the day today and I'm going stir crazy.  I'll go for a ride in the AM before it heats up so badly.  Even the dogs do not want to stay out in this heat.  The mountains are going to be nice in a couple of weeks   :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

REGGAB

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2007, 09:38:33 PM »

I think I said it was supposed to be something like 99 here and 97 in Cumming, GA when I posted earlier this morning.  BULLCHIT!  It was HOT today.  Renea and I put down a little over 450 miles.  We took the scenic route down to GA this morning via US 64 to US-41A to I-24 to I-75.  Renea wanted to eat at Jim Oliver's Smoke House.  That was a pretty decent ride, but from then on out, it felt like someone installed heat shrink guns all over my scooter.  Oil tank temp got up to 246 at one point...............but I was really pushing the bike to get to Roswell.  Met flyingwillie and Tbone there at Killer Creek HD.  It felt good to go inside the store.  Renea did some snoopin' for a helmet.  Couldn't find one that fit.  Headed up to my Brother's house in Cumming, GA.  Got lost.  There has been so much construction since we were last there in 2004, that I didn't know where I was until we were right on his neighborhood.  And the friggin' traffic lights.  WOW!  No way I could ever live in the city.  It is too damn HOT to be stopping every 300 feet for a 2 minute red light.  Anyway, we ate............chilled.............then got ready to head back home.  flyingwillie and Tbone left a few minutes before Renea and I left.  Renea and I came home via GA 20/AL 9 to AL 35, had supper in Scottsboro, picked up US 72 and backroads to our house.  The last 30 minutes or so were really nice, but I'll tell you this.................we're not gonna ride in hot weather like this again.  WHEW!  Glad that's over.  It was great to meet some more CVO folks and see my little Brother, but WOW..............IT'S HOT!!!!!!

Henry

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2007, 10:04:04 PM »

I think I said it was supposed to be something like 99 here and 97 in Cumming, GA when I posted earlier this morning.  BULLCHIT!  It was HOT today.  Renea and I put down a little over 450 miles.  We took the scenic route down to GA this morning via US 64 to US-41A to I-24 to I-75.  Renea wanted to eat at Jim Oliver's Smoke House.  That was a pretty decent ride, but from then on out, it felt like someone installed heat shrink guns all over my scooter.  Oil tank temp got up to 246 at one point...............but I was really pushing the bike to get to Roswell.  Met flyingwillie and Tbone there at Killer Creek HD.  It felt good to go inside the store.  Renea did some snoopin' for a helmet.  Couldn't find one that fit.  Headed up to my Brother's house in Cumming, GA.  Got lost.  There has been so much construction since we were last there in 2004, that I didn't know where I was until we were right on his neighborhood.  And the friggin' traffic lights.  WOW!  No way I could ever live in the city.  It is too damn HOT to be stopping every 300 feet for a 2 minute red light.   Anyway, we ate............chilled.............then got ready to head back home.  flyingwillie and Tbone left a few minutes before Renea and I left.  Renea and I came home via GA 20/AL 9 to AL 35, had supper in Scottsboro, picked up US 72 and backroads to our house.  The last 30 minutes or so were really nice, but I'll tell you this.................we're not gonna ride in hot weather like this again.  WHEW!  Glad that's over.  It was great to meet some more CVO folks and see my little Brother, but WOW..............IT'S HOT!!!!!!

Henry

Henry

Can you say GPS?
It would help!
You can't resist forever.

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2007, 10:24:38 PM »

Well, I was complaining of the high temps until we just got the cold front pass thru.......sure, it lowered the temps, but at what price.  A high wind shear passed thru....blew down large trees, roofs off of the local Holiday Inn and Days Inn.  Of course the electricty, cable, and phone lines were out for a day and half......hail storm w/ lighting strikes.....NICE!  Spent all day sawing/carrying pine tree limbs to get the yard back in shape.  Too tired to ride now.  :( Har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

REGGAB

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2007, 10:45:21 PM »

Henry

Can you say GPS?

GPS

It would help!

Tell you what, Chip..........you let me know when the pronoun people (they....from the land of them) make a GPS that controls the weather, and I'll buy it.  Until then, I'm gonna use dead reckoning.  In my mind, GPS takes away from the adventure, lures users into complacency, isn't 100% accurate.....unless it is MIL STD, and can't keep up with changing infrastructure.....again, unless it is MIL STD.......and I have no desire to reside at the USDB in Leavenworth, KS.  The commercial stuff doesn't cut it. 

You can't resist forever.

Been on this mortal coil for 44 years, Chip.  I've never used any type of navigation device, other than a map, outside of my profession.  I do pretty good when maps are accurate.  I feel certain that had I been using a commercial grade GPS today, I might have been just a little better off.  But, I don't think I would have learned what I learned today.  I'm too old to change.  I'll stick to the map.  :2vrolijk_21:

Henry

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2007, 10:48:22 PM »

Blistering here in Oklahoma again today -- officially I think it was 102.  Went to town (OKC) to see a friend in the hospital.  Man is it ever hot with all that concrete when you have to stop at a light.

Riding to a funeral Monday about 150 miles each way.  Fortunately, we are heading out at 6:00 am.  The ride home will be a hot one!

Looks like we will get a break by Friday -- forcast shows back down to 97 on Friday.....yea (I think?)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2007, 10:50:03 PM »

Well, I was complaining of the high temps until we just got the cold front pass thru.......sure, it lowered the temps, but at what price.  A high wind shear passed thru....blew down large trees, roofs off of the local Holiday Inn and Days Inn.  Of course the electricty, cable, and phone lines were out for a day and half......hail storm w/ lighting strikes.....NICE!  Spent all day sawing/carrying pine tree limbs to get the yard back in shape.  Too tired to ride now.  :( Har!  :drink: spyder
Damn Spyder that sucks. :( Hopefully we'll get a break soon. Hang in there bro.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2007, 11:00:16 PM »

I'm too old to change.  I'll stick to the map.  :2vrolijk_21:

Henry

Henry

I like a challenge.
I will keep working on you.
Will be real subtle about it so when you finally get one you will not know why! ;)

S
  /
    B

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2007, 11:05:42 PM »

Henry

I like a challenge.
Will be real subtle about it so when you finally get one you will not know why! ;)

S
  /
    B

GEEEEEZ

Off topic in my own thread. :nixweiss:

Hard to set a good example when I'm not.

Reminds me of the sticker on my helmet,

"I'm not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example"

:nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

REGGAB

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2007, 11:16:25 PM »

Henry

I like a challenge.

S
  /
    B

:lolk:

In the past I've acquired "stuff" only to ask myself "Why?"  I'm afraid I'm akin to a brick wall on this one tho'.  More power to ya, Bro.  :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2007, 11:17:42 PM »

GEEEEEZ

Off topic in my own thread. :nixweiss:

Hard to set a good example when I'm not.

Reminds me of the sticker on my helmet,

"I'm not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example"

:nixweiss:

:ROFLOL:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2007, 09:35:33 PM »

Chip  where did you ride too , small crowd at kristophers tonight..... what about the TM demo rides comeing up at CHD.. at MBSC HD on tuesday a new TM dealer with 3or4 on the floor looking good....

Skippy, lilbear, Ultrapolecat and everyone else,

They have me and Nancy doing the Thunder Mountain demo rides Saturday.
Come out and pick one.
They have a prostreet with a 120 in it.
I'm going to use it as the lead bike.

But don't come late.
Mark's getting married at 6 that evening so I'm shutting the demo rides down at 3

see ya there!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2007, 09:55:33 PM »

Too hot today.  That was for sure.  Took the red bike the 20 miles or so to a paint shop to pick something up.  Passed two thermometers on the way through town.  One showed ambient 105 and one showed 104.  Hot wind.  Hot hotness.  Bike did fine on the little jaunt.  I nearly wilted.  Think I'd rather do 30 degrees than this.  I know I'd rather do 45 than this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.