Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Happy Labor Day!  (Read 3149 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Happy Labor Day!
« on: August 31, 2007, 04:00:47 PM »

I hope everyone has a great Holiday and enjoys their long weekend. I'll be entertaining at a BBQ at the house tomorrow, then free to ride the rest of the weekend! Hope ya'll have a good one too! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

vagabond6542

Re: Happy Labor Day!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 05:06:41 PM »

I wish all a Happy Labor Day. Just kick back and take it easy.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 03:37:51 AM »

Back at ya BOYZ!!!

Seegarz :2vrolijk_21:

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 08:00:19 AM »

Great labor day weekend and I get to work all weekend, but I get Monday off.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 08:12:34 AM »

Miles of smiles and a SAFE holiday of riding to all , may the sky and the roads be clear of trouble.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 08:15:28 AM »

The wife closed down the store for the 3-day week-end and comes home and starts in cleaning  :smilie_staub:  the house,  She said we are going to clean out the office...That will take all week-end... >:( >:(  Just hope she don't goes to the GARAGE!  ;D ;D
Everyone have a ~GREAT and SAFE LABOR DAY~!
~bubba~
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 08:23:01 AM »

The wife closed down the store for the 3-day week-end and comes home and starts in cleaning  :smilie_staub:  the house,  She said we are going to clean out the office...That will take all week-end... >:( >:(  Just hope she don't goes to the GARAGE!  ;D ;D
Everyone have a ~GREAT and SAFE LABOR DAY~!
~bubba~

I see bubba runs things at his house too, the vacuum, the dishwasher and the washing machine.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 08:35:17 AM »

I see bubba runs things at his house too, the vacuum, the dishwasher and the washing machine.

He gets the gravy work........................ I have to scrub the toilet and clean the floor grout.  :( Happy Safe Labor Day to all. :2vrolijk_21: 
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 08:43:46 AM »

Thanks Hoist!  Lookin' forward to meeting you in Memphis.

charlie

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 07:49:39 PM »

Happy labor day to all.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 03:10:56 AM »

Last weekend around 4 am, I find Jamey sleeping on the floor, his back hurts so bad.  We have a tempurpedic bed, supposed to be one of the better beds.  So now I can't stand this, so we went out and put one of the sleep number beds, some of my CVO friends talked so highly of, it will be delivered this Thursday.  Of course, not thinking the whole deal out thoroughly, I did not realise that since we upgraded a bit on the new bed purchase and ordered a king instead of a queen, we need all new linens and a new bed frame too, so we went furniture shopping yesterday.  Overwhelming to put it mildly. 
We did end up at a new butchery - "Belmont Butchery" to be exact yesterday afternoon and came home with some assorted meats.  The 2" rib-eye steak we tried last night, was truly one of the better steak we have had in a long time.  Tanya would not sell a 1/2" or 3/4", said it was better to buy a thicker steak and split it.  She was right.  Seemed like a pretty good way to grill up some labor day fare.  We got no bikes in the garage right now, so you with them, enjoy.   :cherry:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 03:14:19 AM by Mrs.WeCVO »

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 06:01:27 AM »

Pardon me for being an ignorant Brit, but what exactly does the Labor day holiday celebrate?

:nixweiss:

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 06:45:44 AM »

Pardon me for being an ignorant Brit, but what exactly does the Labor day holiday celebrate?

:nixweiss:

Nige

The True Meaning of Labor Day
It seems ironic that Americans celebrate labor by taking the day off. Does Labor Day mean nothing more than watermelon, baseball, barbecues and beer?
While we may have forgotten it, Labor Day, in truth, is about celebrating the American worker, who in recent days has come under attack as companies export more and more jobs to foreign shores. Labor Day is a time for everyone to remind themselves of the accomplishments of American workers, who continue to set records for productivity.

According to the US Labor Dept, the annual holiday "constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity and well-being of our country."

The holiday has a rich history.

Labor Day's Founder
More than 100 years after the first Labor Day observance, there is still some doubt as to who first proposed the holiday for workers.

Some records show that Peter J. McGuire, general secretary of the Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners and a cofounder of the American Federation of Labor, was first in suggesting a day to honor those "who from rude nature have delved and carved all the grandeur we behold."

But it appears more likely that machinist Matthew Maguire, not Peter McGuire, founded the holiday. Recent research seems to support the contention that Matthew, later the secretary of Local 344 of the International Association of Machinists in Paterson, NJ, proposed the holiday in 1882 while serving as secretary of the Central Labor Union in New York. The CLU was the first to adopt a Labor Day proposal and appoint a committee to plan a demonstration and picnic.

The First Labor Day
The first Labor Day holiday was celebrated on Tuesday, September 5, 1882, in New York City, in accordance with the plans of the Central Labor Union. The CLU held its second Labor Day holiday a year later, on Wednesday, September 5, 1883.

In 1884 the first Monday in September was selected as the holiday, and the Central Labor Union urged similar organizations in other cities to follow the example of New York and celebrate a "workingmen's holiday" on that date. By 1894, 30 states had adopted the holiday in honor of workers, and on June 28 of that year, Congress passed an act making the first Monday in September a legal federal holiday.

Guidelines for the observance and celebration of Labor Day were outlined in the CLU's original proposal for the holiday - a street parade to exhibit "the strength and esprit de corps of the trade and labor organizations" of the community, followed by a festival for the workers and their families. Speeches by prominent men and women were introduced later, as more emphasis was placed upon the economic and civic significance of the holiday. In 1909, the American Federation of Labor designated the Sunday preceding Labor Day as Labor Sunday, which was dedicated to the spiritual and educational aspects of the labor movement.

The character of Labor Day celebrations has undergone a change in recent years, especially in large industrial centers where mass displays and huge parades have proved a problem. However, Labor Day addresses by leading union officials, industrialists, educators, clerics and government officials are still given coverage by newspapers, TV and radio.

The US Dept of Labor notes on its website that "the vital force of labor added materially to the highest standard of living and the greatest production the world has ever known, and has brought us closer to the realization of our traditional ideals of economic and political democracy. It is appropriate, therefore, that the nation pay tribute on Labor Day to the creator of so much of the nation's strength, freedom, and leadership - the American worker

Info from:    http://www.jobjournal.com/article_printer.asp?artid=1241

Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 06:50:28 AM »

Thanks for that Bubba. That's definitely put me in the picture.

Hope you all have a great "Labor Day" weekend and enjoy your Monday off.

:2vrolijk_21:

Thanks,

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 08:13:01 AM »

I hope everyone has a great Holiday and enjoys their long weekend. I'll be entertaining at a BBQ at the house tomorrow, then free to ride the rest of the weekend! Hope ya'll have a good one too! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hey Howie,
Are you planning on doing a hula with a lamp shade on your head?  That would be entertaining to see at a BBQ.  I'm cooking ribs for a party at my Brothers today.
Jim
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 24 queries.