Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Motorcycle Rodeo  (Read 592 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Motorcycle Rodeo
« on: September 04, 2007, 04:31:10 PM »

Last weekend was a local rally, Thunder in the Rockies, put on by Thunder Mountain HD. Anyway there was a motorcycle rodeo, when I got there the woman were running the course. The first setup was two 90* turns in a small rectangle, then a figure eight in another, finishing in a very tight slalom thru cones.
The first two women did well, one on a Dyna, the other on a Suzuki Intruder. Then a smaller woman on a Ultra Classic came up, everyone was talking under their breath, "She'll never make it!" She took off at over twice the speed as the other two, everyone gasped, she whipped thru the course, dragging the kick stand/floor boards in some of the turns. She made it all the way thru not touching one cone, or going out of the box. It was really cool, I don't think I could do it as fast as she did on my RK! She must have taken an advanced rider course, every turn was smooth, she never slowed down, always looking far ahead, not where she was at. I didn't get to see the rest of the rodeo, went on a poker run. Got me thinking, I might try one of those courses next summer!

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
Re: Motorcycle Rodeo
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 04:44:55 PM »

Last weekend was a local rally, Thunder in the Rockies, put on by Thunder Mountain HD. Anyway there was a motorcycle rodeo, when I got there the woman were running the course. The first setup was two 90* turns in a small rectangle, then a figure eight in another, finishing in a very tight slalom thru cones.
The first two women did well, one on a Dyna, the other on a Suzuki Intruder. Then a smaller woman on a Ultra Classic came up, everyone was talking under their breath, "She'll never make it!" She took off at over twice the speed as the other two, everyone gasped, she whipped thru the course, dragging the kick stand/floor boards in some of the turns. She made it all the way thru not touching one cone, or going out of the box. It was really cool, I don't think I could do it as fast as she did on my RK! She must have taken an advanced rider course, every turn was smooth, she never slowed down, always looking far ahead, not where she was at. I didn't get to see the rest of the rodeo, went on a poker run. Got me thinking, I might try one of those courses next summer!

Perhaps she was a graduate of the Ride Like a Pro course.

Gav

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 07- Jester
    • CVO2: 03-flhrci
Re: Motorcycle Rodeo
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 05:50:09 PM »

Both courses put you thru the paces-not easy very informative :stars:
this ain't your fathers geezer glide

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 20 queries.