Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49

Author Topic: Cybil, My New ‘07A FLHRSE3TQ  (Read 81453 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Cybil, My New ‘07B FLHRSE3TQ
« Reply #705 on: March 12, 2008, 09:49:29 PM »

TODAY'S UPDATE:

Just got back after putting another 32 torturous more miles on.

Great to read of Cybil on the road even a little bit more.  Just great.

I rode the SERG to dinner tonight.  About 40 miles out and 40 back.  Very nice way to start winding down a day that was otherwise not nearly as good as riding.

Congrats on riding Cybil.  But you and she deserve it.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 11:07:21 AM by Twolanerider »

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
Re: Cybil, My New ‘07A FLHRSE3TQ
« Reply #706 on: March 13, 2008, 06:27:47 AM »

Howie,

I'll have you know the mechanics who are performing the re-miracle on my SE FatBoy have been reading this thread for days now. I have been getting reports weekly on status, parts: new and existing-installed and discarded, machine shop work and spec approval and finally an install date back in the frame. Thanks for your pushing the envelope and warnings about vendors and such. The parties responsible for my performance work now are at alert because of your experience.

Although my SE FatBoy has been down more months than on the road since summer of 2007, I know I am closer to what I originally wanted in a performance machine. It seems worth waiting for according to Cybil's story line (as long as it's done right). I am so lucky to own a 08 SERK while waiting for the repairs. It would be so screwed up without a ride for so long....

Congrats. It's about time, huh? I'll post when I have my ride in hand, at home and ready for short range bliss.

Mike K.
kona 76
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #707 on: March 13, 2008, 06:56:31 AM »

Great to hear that everything is looking good at last Howie.

This thread has taken up a lot of reading time over the last few months and it has been fascinating to go through all the ups and downs of Cybil's life so far.

Here's to Cybil's future and miles of smiles for you and Binx. I reckon by the time we get to Sturgis in August she'll be flying like a bird.

Good luck with the Bobber and the WG too - lookin forward to seeing how they turn out.

:2vrolijk_21:

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #708 on: March 13, 2008, 07:37:25 AM »

Howie,

I'll have you know the mechanics who are performing the re-miracle on my SE FatBoy have been reading this thread for days now. I have been getting reports weekly on status, parts: new and existing-installed and discarded, machine shop work and spec approval and finally an install date back in the frame. Thanks for your pushing the envelope and warnings about vendors and such. The parties responsible for my performance work now are at alert because of your experience.

Although my SE FatBoy has been down more months than on the road since summer of 2007, I know I am closer to what I originally wanted in a performance machine. It seems worth waiting for according to Cybil's story line (as long as it's done right). I am so lucky to own a 08 SERK while waiting for the repairs. It would be so screwed up without a ride for so long....Congrats. It's about time, huh? I'll post when I have my ride in hand, at home and ready for short range bliss.

Mike K.
kona 76

Think of the irony here.  You are reading a post about a guy trying desparately to fix one of the worst engines ever developed by HD, and you take comfort that you have one in your garage because your other ride has been down a long time.  I guess you are an optimist.
Good Luck with your build, and watch your headgaskets.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #709 on: March 13, 2008, 11:51:48 AM »

Thanks Don. So far so good. Motors spins up nice and free. It's very quiet and seems like it's running the way it should. My map is definitely off now. I might bring it in before 500 miles and try and get some of the richness out of it. Happy to hear the SERG is shaking out nicely! :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Mike. My documenting this process only tried to serve as help or guidance to others about what to do and what not to do, based on my experiences. I hope it helps others avoid some of the mistakes I made. I'm man enough to admit any mistakes I might have made during the process. But it's my bike and my money. So I call the shots. If that bothers some people or vendors, tuff chit! You know better than anyone what I must been going thru with this. It's a straight forward systematic process. Not rocket science by any means. But it's only as good as the vendor's and techs performing the work. My mistake was relying on the dealer due to w.....ty constraints. Then it stretched out to outside vendors, with me in the middle of it. Not that I minded that, because I genuinely enjoy be part of the process and knowing exactly what's going in and the performance expectations behind it. But when that got turned back on me, there was cause for concern. Luckily my builder now, who's also a friend, would only do things the right way, regardless of emotions. Strictly business. But I didn't have that protection until giving up on HD entirely and paying for 100% of the job myself. Had I known that I would eventually be doing all this, I would have simply brought the bike to Vern, and asked him to build me a new engine as he would recommend it to be built. Live and learn bro! ;)

Thanks Nige. We're looking forward to forgetting what got me to the point of the good strong reliable motor, I've wanted from day one. HD couldn't supply it, and evidently still can't. Their dealer couldn't supply it, even using quality parts, because they don't know how to properly assemble anything but off-the-shelf parts. So paying a capable person to do it became my only option. I have all the patience in the world to deal with capable people. But I have no patience whatsoever for inept people. So I wound up where I am today, and in the end, hopefully wound up with what I wanted all along. I have no reason to believe that I didn't finally accomplish my goal. :2vrolijk_21:

Phil, I think we'll start calling you grc Jr. now. Not sure whose more cynical these days. But you guys beat me hands down! And don't stop either! ;D

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 03:26:04 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #710 on: March 13, 2008, 02:14:51 PM »

Great news Howie, wait till you get a chance to crack open the big TB, and use those cams!! :orange:

Craig

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #711 on: March 13, 2008, 03:27:23 PM »

Great news Howie, wait till you get a chance to crack open the big TB, and use those cams!! :orange:

Craig

Thanks Craig! :2vrolijk_21:

And you know damn well that I can't wait for those days again! I got some catching up to do!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #712 on: March 13, 2008, 04:11:36 PM »

Thanks Craig! :2vrolijk_21:

And you know damn well that I can't wait for those days again! I got some catching up to do!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Are you sure you have the right TB in Howie ?  ;) :P

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #713 on: March 13, 2008, 04:28:55 PM »

Howie, glad to see things are working for you now. Will be great to have peace of mind once all broke in and running strong for you.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #714 on: March 13, 2008, 04:54:18 PM »

Howie, glad to see things are working for you now. Will be great to have peace of mind once all broke in and running strong for you.

Thank you sir! That's all I ever wanted in the first place. We could all have done without the drama associated with getting a strong reliable engine. But that's what HD's given us to work with. Too many people getting tortured in one way or another over these 110 engines. I knew early enough to bail, but didn't bail all the way by letting one of their dealers work on my bike. Strict rules in NYC. DON'T EVER LET A DEALER TOUCH YOUR BIKE! Break the rules, suffer the consequences. It was easy to get sucked into a false sense of security, because of the costs involved, and to let w.....ty pay for it. But then you're dealing with a dealer. There's no free ride here in NYC. I know it, didn't follow my gut and let them work on it, and paid the price. I woke up, paid to do it right, and now hopefully am where I wanted to be from the beginning. Time will tell! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!  8)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 04:58:37 PM by Hoist! »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #715 on: March 13, 2008, 04:59:13 PM »

Are you sure you have the right TB in Howie ?  ;) :P

Nige

What's a TB, Nige? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D

Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #716 on: March 13, 2008, 05:06:06 PM »

Thank you sir! That's all I ever wanted in the first place. We could all have done without the drama associated with getting a strong reliable engine. But that's what HD's given us to work with. Too many people getting tortured in one way or another over these 110 engines. I knew early enough to bail, but didn't bail all the way by letting one of their dealers work on my bike. Strict rules in NYC. DON'T EVER LET A DEALER TOUCH YOUR BIKE! Break the rules, suffer the consequences. It was easy to get sucked into a false sense of security, because of the costs involved, and to let w.....ty pay for it. But then you're dealing with a dealer. There's no free ride here in NYC. I know it, didn't follow my gut and let them work on it, and paid the price. I woke up, paid to do it right, and now hopefully am where I wanted to be from the beginning. Time will tell! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!  8)
Are you saying other then the "large" four legged rats in NYC you have to be careful of two legged rats (@ H-D dealers in NYC) too? :oops: :shocked2:...

Damn, sure makes being an southerner a good thang. :2vrolijk_21: ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #717 on: March 13, 2008, 05:09:08 PM »

Are you saying other then the "large" four legged rats in NYC you have to be careful of two legged rats (@ H-D dealers in NYC) too? :oops: :shocked2:...

Damn, sure makes being an southerner a good thang. :2vrolijk_21: ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I didn't say it d00d! ::)

But ya'll can draw your own conclusions from what I did say! ;)

Hoist! 8)

hogasm

« Reply #718 on: March 13, 2008, 05:22:45 PM »

What's a TB, Nige? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D

Hoist! 8)

Testosterone Booster................................................Howie don't need no stinking TB

He blows enough hot air to have his own Howie Pro Charger :coolblue:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #719 on: March 13, 2008, 05:24:55 PM »

Testosterone Booster................................................Howie don't need no stinking TB

He blows enough hot air to have his own Howie Pro Charger :coolblue:
:ROFLOL:  :oops: :huepfenlol2: :zroflmao:

Damn, Brian give me a warning next time..... BRB got to go get a new keyboard now this one is fried from beer spew. ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 20 queries.