Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49

Author Topic: Cybil, My New ‘07A FLHRSE3TQ  (Read 81458 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Cybil, My New ‘07A FLHRSE3TQ
« Reply #690 on: March 12, 2008, 11:35:23 AM »

Rat trap and eight ball jockey shifter???? Bestill my heart...I am not alone.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #691 on: March 12, 2008, 11:37:05 AM »

Well, my logic is that if I put all those parts together in the form of a working motorcycle, it'll be better than having all that stuff laying around the garage loose. What better way to store all these leftover parts, than as a running Bobber! ::) :2vrolijk_21:

And yes, Binx is a Saint. She has to put up with everything else about me too, besides my addiction to my motorcycles! :o ;) ;D

Hoist! 8)

hehe....I don't think i wanna know...please - nobody ask....    ;D ;D :P ;D ;D
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Cybil, My New ‘07B FLHRSE3TQ
« Reply #692 on: March 12, 2008, 11:41:26 AM »

Rat trap and eight ball jockey shifter???? Bestill my heart...I am not alone.

I'm thinking about that. Might just cheat and do the hand shift/foot clutch conversion by modifying the linkages. I want as little controls, cables and levers on the skinny apes I plan to use on it. Love the look of those metalflake grips on apes with no controls! Maybe a Beep-beep bicycle squeeze horn, to pass inspection. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 07:17:08 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #693 on: March 12, 2008, 11:58:42 AM »

I'm thinking about that. Might just cheat and do the hand shift/foot clutch conversion by modifying the linkages. I want as little controls, cables and levers on the skinny apes I plan to use on it. Love the look of those metalflake grips on apes with no controls! Maybe a Beep-beep bicycle squeeze horn, to pass inspection. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Have you looked at some of the auto clutches? Works like a centrifugal clutch, I was thinking about building a jockey shift bobber with this setup. Much better than foot clutch! This bike below was built by a local shop, it has one of the auto clutches, notice the handle bars, no controls, internal throttle, and brake.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #694 on: March 12, 2008, 12:00:23 PM »

Have you looked at some of the auto clutches? Works like a centrifugal clutch, I was thinking about building a jockey shift Bobber with this setup. Much better than foot clutch! This bike below was built by a local shop, it has one of the auto clutches, notice the handle bars, no controls, internal throttle, and brake.

Any info on it Talon? Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 07:16:49 PM by Hoist! »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #695 on: March 12, 2008, 12:03:24 PM »

Any info on it Talon? Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Not sure Scott from Red Hills told me the name of the clutch, but I forgot!!  :confused5: But here's the one I think it is.

http://dumbassbiker.com/store/product253.html

Here's another, haven't seen this one before.
http://www.efmautoclutch.com/harley.shtml
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 12:07:44 PM by Talon »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #696 on: March 12, 2008, 12:17:30 PM »

Not sure Scott from Red Hills told me the name of the clutch, but I forgot!!  :confused5: But here's the one I think it is.

http://dumbassbiker.com/store/product253.html

Here's another, haven't seen this one before.
http://www.efmautoclutch.com/harley.shtml

That seems to make it an automatic. I'm looking to still use a jockey shift of some kind. Also, I don't think that'll work on a 4-speed with the older style diaphragm clutch and trans. tapered shaft setup I have. :nixweiss:

I also plan to leave the chain drive wet primary alone too. No Belt Drive Primary. No Magneto either! ::)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 07:16:24 PM by Hoist! »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #697 on: March 12, 2008, 12:37:19 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Somebody makes a left hand twist clutch cable but I can't remember who makes it, prolly could make one with a oldie twist grip....Very clean install, the cable poked out of bars at the riser but I think the foot clutch is the cleanest looking install.

I saw it ona awesome scalloped tanked rigid sporty with ridiculous gold metal flake, tucked seat, twisted chrome girder front end and the old fasioned engraved camchest and valve covers at a bike show in Fort Laudy. 

Good luck with whatever direction it takes you..and glad to hear the serk is back..

Handshifting rules!

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #698 on: March 12, 2008, 12:46:17 PM »

Somebody makes a left hand twist clutch cable but I can't remember who makes it, prolly could make one with a oldie twist grip....Very clean install, the cable poked out of bars at the riser but I think the foot clutch is the cleanest looking install.

I saw it ona awesome scalloped tanked rigid sporty with ridiculous gold metal flake, tucked seat, twisted chrome girder front end and the old fasioned engraved camchest and valve covers at a bike show in Fort Laudy. 

Good luck with whatever direction it takes you..and glad to hear the serk is back..

Handshifting rules!

I know guys were modifying Exile internal throttle setups to use as front brakes. The other option is if you going to jockey shift is to mount a clutch lever on the jockey shift. Here's another bike from Red Hills, hard to see but they have the clutch mounted this way.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #699 on: March 12, 2008, 01:10:28 PM »

I know guys were modifying Exile internal throttle setups to use as front brakes. The other option is if you going to jockey shift is to mount a clutch lever on the jockey shift. Here's another bike from Red Hills, hard to see but they have the clutch mounted this way.

that works much safer on hills and off camber stops. not as cool as mashing  the suicide with your foot tho.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #700 on: March 12, 2008, 01:24:59 PM »

Handshifting rules!

Thanks Mike! :2vrolijk_21:

I think the simplest way will be to use the kit that modifies your foot shift pedal to accept the clutch cable, and use it as a foot clutch. It also modifies the linkage to connect to a hand shifter. Still uses cables and linkages as normal, but reverses the role of the foot shifter to a clutch pedal.

This bike ain't gonna be nuthin' fancy. Prolly flat black Krylon paint job, all used chit for drivetrain, suspension, brakes, electrics, etc. Not a Rat, but not a show bike for damn sure. Just an ole school looking Bobber, as plain and simple as I can keep it. But I love those Jammer Metalflake solo seat and grips. They're a must for the look I want! ;)

And no front brake at all solves te clean handlebar look problem on the right side! ::)

Hoist! 8)

« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 07:16:07 PM by Hoist! »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #701 on: March 12, 2008, 01:34:04 PM »

Awww yeah babe!  No front brake nor fender...I feel like going shopping now, you've got me all torqued up for a bike like had before I had kids a century or 2 ago!  Rigid, foot clutch...wait a second..the oldster...I'll twin carb and cam it, pull the tins, find a crappy tank and viola! What am I thinking,,,,

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #702 on: March 12, 2008, 01:38:41 PM »

Awww yeah babe!  No front brake nor fender...I feel like going shopping now, you've got me all torqued up for a bike like had before I had kids a century or 2 ago!  Rigid, foot clutch...wait a second..the oldster...I'll twin carb and cam it, pull the tins, find a crappy tank and viola! What am I thinking,,,,

Hehe! You see how quickly I toned the Cybil excitement down, and moved to the Bobber! And the damn WG hasn't even been taken apart yet. The WG gets completed first too! Ole school gets the juices flowing, huh? :huepfenjump3: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 07:15:51 PM by Hoist! »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #703 on: March 12, 2008, 01:44:03 PM »

He's got tank shift for a good reason, you shouldda heard thid panny...

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #704 on: March 12, 2008, 05:10:44 PM »

He's got tank shift for a good reason, you shouldda heard thid panny...

Looks like a slick bike MIke. A guy from the old Iron Horse Magazine used to drag race a rigid pan jockey! He did real good with it too! What a ride that was! :) ;)

TODAY'S UPDATE:

Just got back after putting another 32 torturous more miles on. 5 miles, stop, cool off, repeat. So after doing this five times today, I can now ride my bike and perform normal breakin the next time I take it out. The last stint was 7 miles, and so far, the highest oil temp today was 193 deg. Let's see how she does after a one hour straight ride next time, and build up from there. :2vrolijk_21:

I gotta tell ya, this thing spins so much freer than the last motor. It's really smooth and quiet. Talking specifically the motor, not the overall sound with the Perf. D&D's. They're still loud and sweet as ever! ::)

The overall feel of this engine is fantastic so far. And it can only get better as I stretch it out. I've got big hopes for this engine after all I've gone thru to get there. But the way it feels right now, I've got every reason to think I'm there! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

The Corbin seat is such a major improvement too. Who said you have to break 'em in? This thing is fine just the way it is. If it gets better, that's an added bonus! It also is higher than my other seats. The best part is, my Clearview 18" Windshield is now the perfect height for me! So are the 12.5" WO Apes. That seat brought everything right to me, and now all components happen to fit me perfectly. Just dumb ass luck, but I'll take it!!! :2vrolijk_21:

I've raised this bike with the taller AK-20's and the 330mm bitubos. It's still no problem for me at 5-9. But if you're shorter than that, you might want to think twice about both raising your suspension and seat heights both. You still want to be flatfooted, even on inclines. :nixweiss:

Now for some real time in the saddle, and finish breaking her in. But there's nothing there right now, to tell me that I didn't accomplish my goal this time! :jalapeno: :jalapeno: :jalapeno:

And as ya'll know, full report to follow!!! :P ;D

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 20 queries.