Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: SEEG Seat  (Read 17870 times)

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
Re: SEEG Seat
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2005, 03:50:26 PM »

Hey Elvis..........too many of those 'fine corbin seats' walking away from the bike while parked out in the dark?????

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2005, 03:59:35 PM »

Yo JCZ,
Corbin has gone to a key latch locking system..works well.

http://www.corbin.com/harley/baggers/seatpin_inst.jpg

By the pics in the attachment it'd be great for the solo but it won't work on a dual seat.  Dual seat doens't have those mounting bolts in the rear.  So it's back to the thumbnuts for all us dual seated numbnuts.  Now I want some beernuts.

bighd1340

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2005, 05:22:27 PM »

HDNUT if you're wanting to make your wife happy do what I did and buy her her own harley.  Most women don't like the passenger part of the corbin's and the gambler seat is no exception. [smiley=6.gif]

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2005, 07:56:19 PM »

JCZ,

How do you condition and clean your seat so that you don't discolor the blue flame stitching? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Like the look just wondering about the long term upkeep?

Thank you for your reply! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2005, 11:31:21 PM »

Just got an E-mail back from corbin today. No lock mechanism for SEEG DualTour available. Just a wee bit paranoid about being a screwdriver away from losing a $800.00 seat to some lowlife. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of at least replacing the Phillips screw with a Torx screw.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2005, 11:40:18 PM »

Just got an E-mail back from corbin today. No lock mechanism for SEEG DualTour available. Just a wee bit paranoid about being a screwdriver away from losing a $800.00 seat to some lowlife. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of at least replacing the Phillips screw with a Torx screw.

Some things you've got to just decide not to worry about.  If memory serves the "stock" screw is a button head (needs an allen socket or wrench).  If it's not then that or a torx head would be an easy solution.  I've just got the thumb screw on mine though.  Had the same thing on two Corbin seats on two Road Kings over a few years before this bike too.

Someone might mess with it.  With the tour pak on most folks don't even know where the release screw is.  And if they do, a different kind of screw isn't likely to stop them anyway.

With the thumbscrew I don't have to worry about not being able to get the seat off easily on some dark night if I need a jump though.  I'm a big fan of making things easy for me.

eagle49

• SCREAMIN NOT DREAMIN..
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2005, 10:24:54 PM »

I am thinking about purchasing the Corbin dual touring seat for my red 05 SEEG.  What about the tourpack?  I didnt see any pictures of the seat with the tourpack on the bike.  Will it fit correctly with the rider backrest and the tourpack on the bike?  Or is this seat only for use when the tourpack is off.  I did see they make a little pad for the tourpack if you want to match a color.  I called and talked to someone who had no idea what I was talking about!  If anyone has a picture of this seat with the stock tourpack, I would appreciate seeing it.  Thanks!

Eagle49
drewkkkk

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2005, 10:33:58 PM »

I put 700 miles on my SEEG this past weekend, when I picked it up from the dealer.  I can tell you now, it is not a touring saddle.  I called my dealer on monday and ordered the Dual Touring Corbin, that is made especially for the SEEG.  The dealer felt so bad about me not liking the seat, ordered the seat for me with the heater, at the same price as the non-heated.  I ordered it in gray ostrich, with black piping, and the large round backrests for rider and passenger.  Will post pics in a few weeks with it on.  This is going on the yellow SEEG
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2005, 10:36:47 PM »

I am thinking about purchasing the Corbin dual touring seat for my red 05 SEEG.

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2005, 01:53:41 PM »

Has anyone put in  gel pad's or pro pad's in their stock SEEG seat?And if so how do you like them or how does your passenger like them? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
hdnut

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2005, 05:02:29 PM »

In answer to two previous posts...  

Item 1)    The oddball mounting screw was acceptable insurance for me, SO, I went down to the local contractors supply depot and bought the nifty tool to remove the oneway screws that you see used in public restrooms, (which took some talkin' but I finally convinced 'em my intentions were honest) and I used that type screw to mount the seat, (with the tool in the saddlebag for quick jumps...) [smiley=blush.gif]

Item 2)   My brother in law just put the gel pads in his seat...  took a long ride...   sold the seat.  He said he felt like he'd crapped his pants for 450 miles, and he didn't like the feeling.  I'm guessin' it just squished up his crack and stayed there...   ick. [smiley=furious.gif]
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2005, 05:22:46 PM »

Coolbreeze.....Glad your brother-in-law stepped up to the plate on his review of the gel seats.  I've been trying to figure out how to explain my displeasure with them.  I recently bought a bike for resale that had one on, rode it about 50 miles and couldn't begin to list the personal annoyances with the seat in addition to sweating your a$$ off.  

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2005, 05:55:34 PM »

Item 2)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2005, 06:13:57 PM »

Musta been the Preparation H model.

bighd1340

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2005, 12:03:19 PM »

The verdict is in I just got back from the Red River Rally riding the Corbin Gambler seat.  Going was a little rough because the seat was new and they need to get broke in but we rode 670 miles straight through to get home and it was pretty damn good.  It's not as comfortable as the Dual Touring but it looks closer to the stock seat.  I would have kept my Ultra if I wanted a recliner.  Corbin Rocks!!!!!!!!!
[smiley=biggthumpup.gif]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.