Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: WHAT TO DO? Any suggestion as to which direction to go?  (Read 7627 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: WHAT TO DO? Any suggestion as to which direction to go?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 09:23:29 PM »

i cant seem to fix it.

www.cripplecreekmc.com

check it out.

Where is it on the site?

S
  /
    B

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

REGGAB

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 09:46:24 PM »

Where is it on the site?

S
  /
    B

Right here.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 09:51:52 PM »

Right here.

Thanks Henry!

That's fine but not for me!
Right color.
Maybe could make enough power? :nixweiss:
But that seat has to go.
Nancy and I are a team, if we both can't fit then I don't want it.
Hell, even the 49cc scooters will fit both of us on them.
With both of us on the scooter they are slower than snail chit but we do fit!

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 10:05:39 PM by Silver-Black »

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

REGGAB

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 10:00:39 PM »

Thanks Henry!

That's fine but not for me!
Right color.
Maybe could make enough power? :nixweiss:
But that seat has to go.
Nancy and are a team, if we both can't fit then I don't want it.
Hell, even the 49cc scooters will fit both of us on them.
With both of us on the scooter they are slower than snail chit but we do fit!

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

Right now Dennis has it configured with a sidecar.

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 10:02:45 PM »

Pure Schweeeetness!

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 10:30:22 PM »

Chip, in the near future I am going to be in the same position, Bumpus is going to call and tell me the 08 Casper is in. I am 99% positive I'm going to tell them to call the next dumb a$$. Until they have a decent track record on the 110, I'll pass. Chit, close to 40K (including sales tax) plus another at least 10K to make it mechanically acceptable, then pick it up and head out on a trip, chits on me after an hour, gets towed home, catch a flight, then borrow a bike, not to mention let people get pictures of me riding bitch? Not a chance, I'll leave that fun for New Yorkers! ;D ;D ;D
Anyway, call the sales manager Tuesday and tell him the hot sumbitch is his problem. You'll be saving 50K to spend on making a bike exactly like you want it and reliable. JMHO

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 10:47:40 PM »

gotta go w/ d00D on this one get the S/B RG and swap the drive train
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 11:40:32 PM »

Chip, in the near future I am going to be in the same position, Bumpus is going to call and tell me the 08 Casper is in. I am 99% positive I'm going to tell them to call the next dumb a$$. Until they have a decent track record on the 110, I'll pass. Chit, close to 40K (including sales tax) plus another at least 10K to make it mechanically acceptable, then pick it up and head out on a trip, chits on me after an hour, gets towed home, catch a flight, then borrow a bike, not to mention let people get pictures of me riding bitch? Not a chance, I'll leave that fun for New Yorkers! ;D ;D ;D
Anyway, call the sales manager Tuesday and tell him the hot sumbitch is his problem. You'll be saving 50K to spend on making a bike exactly like you want it and reliable. JMHO
100% What MJZ said  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2007, 12:29:53 AM »

Chip, it's only one guy's opinion of course, but from the options you listed I'd personally not go with the new bike. 

Whatever you get is only going to be a platform to start from anyway.  There aren't that many SERG's to begin with.  Far fewer represented here on the site.  Despite 103's recent acquisition they're a rare bird.

They are old enough, however, that there have been a few real bargains seen in the last year.  Of all your options listed that would be my personal starting platform.  You'd have your CVO bike again.  In fact a far more unique CVO bike than any new one would ever be.  And you could start the project with a much smaller investment affording the opportunity to play even more.

I've seen your bikes enough to know you'd not just be hacking up a SERG.  You'd be enhancing it in every area you touched.  Irrelevant that you'd changed from its original form.  It would still be a great looking and good handling bike almost purpose built to the way you personally really enjoy using a dresser.

That's my notion from your considered options anyway. 

(And a sweet byproduct would be that in a few years when you retired this toy and wanted another I'd know where to find a kickass SERG for sale!)

deucedog

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 01:03:25 AM »

I am having similar thoughts as I wait for mine ...

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2007, 01:16:44 AM »

Keep it, and put the 131 in it! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 08:13:18 AM »

Howie, didn't you read the post a couple above this one?  :zwtf: It is not any fun ribbing you if your not going to give me chit back. ;D I know, you must have been too tired, here it is to read when you get up, I'll give you another chance. :2vrolijk_21:

Chit, close to 40K (including sales tax) plus another at least 10K to make it mechanically acceptable, then pick it up and head out on a trip, chits on me after an hour, gets towed home, catch a flight, then borrow a bike, not to mention let people get pictures of me riding bitch? Not a chance, I'll leave that fun for New Yorkers!

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 10:00:28 AM »

Have been pondering what I wanted to do next about another bike. I have seen others ask advice so I thought I would ask my friends on this site to offer their opinion.

In a conversation with Hoist the other day we were discussing the how much we both enjoy a bike that responds when we twist the throttle. Bling is great, handling is important but when I consider spending money on a bike the first thought is how much horsepower return will I get from my investment.

I thought I would list a few options that I have been pondering and see what you think.
A few of the options I have already ruled out not because they were bad but just because I don't want to go in that direction.

Option  1

Take the two 03 Classics and make them both 95". Tman heads, cams, pistons, HPI T/B, SERT and D&D Fatcats.
Quality work takes mucho money. This would cost between 8 to 9 K to do it right. This would yield 110/110
H/T.  After we rode both of these bikes to Hot Springs and back I have to wonder why I should even mess with two bikes that will run a hundred all day long and not even break a sweat. Spend 9 K on them and the bikes are worth no more than when they were stock.  NOT A GOOD OPTION!

Option  2

Find a 03 silver and black Road Glide and add a Jim's 131 with the standard Tman head, cam, piston, T/B, Boarzilla,
clutch, 6 speed goodies. I have always wanted to break 150 (a real 150, not some B/S talk about it) with a dresser and the SEEG ran 142 in Maxton and I believe with the fixed fairing and the 131 I can get there.

Option  3

Same as above but with a S/Eagle Road Glide. After all, this is a S/E site maybe I should get another one some day. This option was high on the list till Brian 103T bought his SERG. After listening to him I am having a hard time justifying swapping motors and transmissions on such a classic bike. (thanks Brian, damnit!)

Option  4

When the 08's were announced I asked my guy at the Harley shop to put my name on a white S/E Ultra.
Well it came in yesterday. We had demo day at Harley Davidson of Charlotte today and they always ask Nancy and I to run that show. I brought the 08 S/E Ultra around to the demo tent so I could salivate as it sat in front of me all day. At the end of the day they said to take it home and call us when you decide if you want it. We left two bikes at the shop and rode the 08 home. I think it's a beautiful bike and as I was riding home I was calculating what I would do to it. You know, Tman heads, cams, pistons, SERT and R/H true duals. I parked it in front of the house and sat there and looked at this bike a long time.  I'm just not sure how much this rings my bell. And then there's that 110 consideration. It's only a few miles home from the Harley shop and this puppy was hot as hell. And to cap it off when I pulled down the drive to take the picture, the check engine light came on and wouldn't go off. Decisions, decisions what to do?
Option  5

I am very fortunate to have a great job that rewards hard work very well. I give to charities and sometimes feel bad about having the toys that I do. I guess I could give money to the starving kids in the rain forest but when the major charities keep 80 to 90% for administrative cost I pass on those also. I love speed and will probably pick options 2 thru 4 when I finally decide.

I would like to hear opinions as to what you think you would do if you were in my shoes.
Thanks

Here's a few pictures of the Ghost!
damn check engine light!     

That alone make it an easy choice - Get rid of it NOW - while you still can it's asking you do it.

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 10:30:24 AM »

F.Y.I. just saw a SERG for sale (not sure year its the orange and black) looks like it's in great condition.Heard it run, sounds good. Didn't look closely as I'm not a RG fan. It's at Killer Creek H.D. 770-777-1000 ask for Wayne or Pat. If You wanted I can Check it out. Seams Like it's my second home lately.

P.S. I'm not associated with the dealer.(unless you count them having all my money !!) :bananarock:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 10:48:31 AM »

F.Y.I. just saw a SERG for sale (not sure year its the orange and black) looks like it's in great condition.Heard it run, sounds good. Didn't look closely as I'm not a RG fan. It's at Killer Creek H.D. 770-777-1000 ask for Wayne or Pat. If You wanted I can Check it out. Seams Like it's my second home lately.

P.S. I'm not associated with the dealer.(unless you count them having all my money !!) :bananarock:

Bubblehead

Thanks for your post.
I looked at that one and @ 17K$'s with 35K miles on it I think it's WAY to much!
That makes Brians seem like much more of a bargain. (I think)
The best thing going for me is that I rarely get the "Got to haves".
The economy is slowing, winter is coming so timing will be in my favor.

I have narrowed my choices down to an 03 Road Glide in silver and black or a Screaming Eagle Road Glide.
If anybody knows of one please let me know!
The 08 Ultra has no place in my garage.

:2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 20 queries.