Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 06 CUSE Seat-Tank Panel Gap  (Read 3079 times)

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
06 CUSE Seat-Tank Panel Gap
« on: September 25, 2007, 08:10:39 PM »

Has anyone else had this problem with their 2006 SE Ultra? :nixweiss: If so, did you fix it or live with it? :o  I'm just looking for a fix, not a new seat. The idiot at the service department at Colorado Springs HD suggested I look in the P&A catalog for an extension to fill the gap. Typical... just wants to sell me parts to correct something that shouldn't happen in the 1st place. (Will I EVER learn???) Would have been nice to hear " That doesn't look right at all, if we can't come up with a fix, we'll get you a seat that does look right"  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) Anyway.... here's the picture of the problem.

twincam

Re: 06 CUSE Seat-Tank Panel Gap
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 08:17:15 PM »

SEULTRA,
            I use a tank bra, covers your problem and also, keeps the wear marks from your inner thighs off the tank. hope this helps.
Randy

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 08:20:54 PM »

SEULTRA,
            I use a tank bra, covers your problem and also, keeps the wear marks from your inner thighs off the tank. hope this helps.
Randy
Randy,
How is the paint holding up under that tank bra? When the bra's for the front end of auto's first came out I had one on a car that clouded the paint. I've always been reluctant to use them after that. Do you leave yours on all the time thru all kinds of weather?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

twincam

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 08:39:07 PM »

yep sure do, I have one on the farring, the saddle bag lids and the tank. I remove the ones on the lids and the farring for shows, they now come with a fleece on the paint side, and do not harm the paint. ........ I had them on my 05 ultra, when it came time to trade it in, the paint looked like new, no rock chips ect!!!! I did not have the tank bra on the 05, and when I traded it (24,000 miles) there were rub makes on the tank from my inner thighs!
Randy

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 08:42:40 PM »

Thanks. The one I had had a lining also, but moisture got trapped under it and caused clouding in the paint. This was back in the 80's and maybe (hopefully) technology in paint has advanced and this doesn't occur anymore.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

twincam

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 10:16:25 PM »

well....... that could have somethng to do with where I live dood, o% humidity, 99% of the time!!! I have not noticed any clouding or anything negative for that matter, and I have been through rain and wash the roadrunner.....beep beep, with all bra's on.
Randy

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 10:28:27 PM »

Has anyone else had this problem with their 2006 SE Ultra? :nixweiss: If so, did you fix it or live with it? :o  I'm just looking for a fix, not a new seat. The idiot at the service department at Colorado Springs HD suggested I look in the P&A catalog for an extension to fill the gap. Typical... just wants to sell me parts to correct something that shouldn't happen in the 1st place. (Will I EVER learn???) Would have been nice to hear " That doesn't look right at all, if we can't come up with a fix, we'll get you a seat that does look right"  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) Anyway.... here's the picture of the problem.

Is this pulled up AND back or just back?  Stock seat?  If it's pulled up and back, I'd say it is because the seat pan is a POS and has flexed to the point that the seat no longer fits like it should.  I have not had this problem with the Corbin, but noticed on the stock seats I've seen with a few miles on them that they flexed a LOT, and in doing so, pulle back a bit as well, particularly with a rider on them.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 11:22:37 PM »

Is this pulled up AND back or just back?  Stock seat?  If it's pulled up and back, I'd say it is because the seat pan is a POS and has flexed to the point that the seat no longer fits like it should.  I have not had this problem with the Corbin, but noticed on the stock seats I've seen with a few miles on them that they flexed a LOT, and in doing so, pulle back a bit as well, particularly with a rider on them.

Just pulled back... like the seat pan collapsed or bent. Seat pan is just plastic so I suspect it bottomed out on the frame. At any rate it looks like crapola on a $32k bike.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 11:29:46 PM »

Just pulled back... like the seat pan collapsed or bent. Seat pan is just plastic so I suspect it bottomed out on the frame. At any rate it looks like crapola on a $32k bike.

I started noticing that on my seat after a couple of thousand miles, then it started killing my a$$.  The seat pan is much, much too flexible to provide proper support, IMO.

I solved both problems with a Corbin.

Harley will tell you it's "normal"   ;)  It's really not funny for a seat that is listed for 900 bucks, and really not worth $200.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Bonehead

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Black/Orange CUSE
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 12:11:10 AM »

I will say that after looking at the pic of the seat, it is almost at the danger point. Much more and the tongue piece will be backed out of it's holder and yer saddle will be, well lets say un-girthed.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 03:15:53 PM »

Mine looks identical... thought that was the way it was supposed to be!

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 04:39:18 PM »

Mine had it too. All gone with the corbin.  ???

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 04:46:43 PM »

well, they all don't look like that - if your seat pan is broken then it should be covered under warranty. However if your seat is not installed right then it could be that issue as well.

Hotrodstitcher

• Senior CVO Member
    • Sid Chavers Company
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 06:35:38 PM »

Try removing the rear mounting screw and push seat forward, if that closes the gap drill new holes on the mounting tab under the seat to move tab back. I realise you shouldn't have to do this on a 30k plus bike, but I've had to adjust the seat on most bikes I've owned...Sid

Hotrodstitcher

• Senior CVO Member
    • Sid Chavers Company
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 06:39:11 PM »

One more thing, I don't want to argue with anyone but given enough time any bra will dull paint.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 20 queries.