Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Skip the BS for real... I hope.  (Read 2788 times)

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
Skip the BS for real... I hope.
« on: February 27, 2005, 07:14:23 PM »

I'm almost afraid to ask this question:  [smiley=nervous.gif]  Maybe I missed a thread that answers this...

I'm planning on running my 900lbs of orange paint at a drag strip about 80 miles from here as soon as the weather breaks.  Torque and H.P. numbers don't mean squat unless you've put the rubber to the pavement.  Has anyone run their SEEG (or any other improved EG/RG/RK) on a track?  What numbers did it produce?  With what mods?  Just wondering what to expect.  I have numbers in my head (13 sec./100mph?) but don't know if that's accurate.  My best quarter run on that track to date is 10.60 at 131 (Kudos to Mr. Honda, as I weigh 250lbs!).  I know it'll be nowhere close to that, but it'll be fun nonetheless.  I apologize in advance if this creates a word war  [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif]

mfgreen

Re: Skip the BS for real... I hope.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 07:52:47 PM »

I'm almost afraid to ask this question:

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 08:05:59 PM »

MFG, Union Grove is my planned destination :)  I didn't see any track numbers on that post.  Any idea what they were?

mfgreen

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 08:16:11 PM »

MFG, Union Grove is my planned destination :)

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 08:24:41 PM »

Where's Union Grove?  Is using the dragstrip open to the public?  I'd like to check it out.  
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 08:35:01 PM »

Mike,

When it comes to extracting information from this web site....

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 08:42:01 PM »

"Where's Union Grove?  Is using the dragstrip open to the public?  I'd like to check it out."

Yes, open to the public for a small fee.  But on a bike they require full leathers.  It's in Union Grove, Wi. 45 and 11??? West of 94 a few miles.  Either Kenosha or Racine county.  Not certain which.

mfgreen

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 08:44:34 PM »

Where's Union Grove?

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2005, 08:51:08 PM »

MFG and DJW, thank you both for the info.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 08:51:57 PM by Loose_Goose »
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 09:29:12 AM »

Good morning all.   [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Are you all kidding me???  All these CVOs and other built bikes, and nobody knows how fast their bike'll go?  Only Dyno slips? ? ?  Only one (3rd party) response?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Dave

mfgreen

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2005, 11:37:30 AM »

MFG and DJW, thank you both for the info.  Sounds like a place I need to spend some time.

Hey Brad,

You are welcome.  You will have a real good time there.  You may want to work on reaction time before you run there.  You will end up making a better time of it with a really good hole shot.

Mike

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2005, 12:05:50 PM »

Goose, I have to seriously endorse what MFG said... LOTS of practice on reacton time.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 12:17:57 PM by DJW »

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2005, 01:22:37 PM »

DJW:

Appreciate everything you've said, and I've done some drag racing. That being said, my purposes in doing the motor work on my SEEG are not the same as yours. I put work into my motor for passing capability on the Interstate and for some fun elsewhere. I realize that your fun involves the drag strip but mine doesn't. The comments I post on this site about motor work  and dyno charts are because I want to save some of the others on the site the trouble of trying what I already have and avoiding those things that don't work. I think this is true for a lot of us.

You shouldn't be surprised then that there are not many ET slips posted. Interesting as they may be, maybe the strip is just not for a bunch of us.

I admire that you are a MOTORCYCLIST as evidenced by your hyper cycle. So many HD owners huff and puff about all the rhetoric that IMHO they forget that the purpose is riding. NO MATTER WHAT YOU RIDE!!!!

Here's a link to some interesting footage of my upcoming purchase, A K1200S. Which at 167HP might do OK at the dragstrip too! ENJOY.

http://www.gormanonline.com/videos/nurburgring/BMW_Test_Ride_2_512Kbps.wmv

[smiley=beerchug.gif]

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2005, 01:43:09 PM »

Love Beeemers.  Brand biased bikers are not bikers in my opinion  [smiley=furious.gif] I have the luxury at this point in my life to own what I want (it just so happens to be two HD's) if I didn't, and was forced to ride a Honda again, I don't think it'd make me any less worthy.... so I give others the same break as I'd want.   [smiley=laugh.gif]

No, I'm not suprised that nobody has run their bikes for time.  Prior to my SEEG I would've never even considered running one of my HDs.  My whole inquiry was strictly curiosity.  I finally own a HD that'd be interesting enough to run.  I will leave the FAST stuff to any "Axis" power bikes I may be tempted to buy again in the future.  Good luck with the BMW!   [smiley=beerchug.gif]  I'm just totally suprised that with all this dyno testing nobody has run for real.  I just wanted to know what kinda ballpark to expect.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 24 queries.