Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Alarm went nuts! Bike is DEAD. Now what?  (Read 14905 times)

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
Alarm went nuts! Bike is DEAD. Now what?
« on: October 12, 2007, 12:56:28 AM »

Ok, I locked up the bike over the weekend and finally it started to rain today, so I go the urge to ride. BUT, I unlocked the ignition and turned to "ignition" and the frigg'n alarm stated going off. The fob was in my pocket. !!!  :nixweiss: The "smart" alarm just went off and on for about 5 minutes. I turned the ignition off and on . . . but the alarm kept going. Anyway, it finally stopped and it was getting late, so I took the truck to work.

I get home after work and got the instructions to manually disarm the alarm. Well, I decided to try this again. I turned the ignition to "ignition" and all I got was the "oil" and "neutral" light. Everything else was dead. No alarm, no lights, no dash lights, no headlights, no turn signals....nada nothing. Other than the two lights (oil and neutral) the bike was DEAD! 

Any thoughts? I checked the manual, but apparently this is a all secret thing. The HD shop said to put a battery charger on it! Humm... for some reason that doesn't sound right!  Ok, you guys have saved my butt a few times and I would greatly appreciate your input. :'(    :'(    :'(
Ugly John
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Alarm went nuts! Bike is DEAD. Now what?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 07:40:09 AM »

UJ, I am not familiar with how the proximity fobs and smart sirens work on the '07s and up, but with the previous style security system, sometimes the fob would dis-associate itself with the bike.  It sounds like this could be the case with yours.  To get the bike and the fob talking to one another on the earlier bikes, you hold the center button down for 30 - 45 seconds or so, while pointing it at the right switch housing, which gives it time to "re-connect."

I don't know if that will work on your bike, but it's worth a shot.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 08:03:30 AM »

Ain't no button on the 07 fob...try pulllin the maxi fuse to reset, left side under the cover.

Miker

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 08:43:48 AM »

Ain't no button on the 07 fob...try pulllin the maxi fuse to reset, left side under the cover.

Miker

That's the part I wasn't sure of. :oops:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 08:46:16 AM »

I don't trust this system on my '07 and am looking to have it removed. I'll try and get the P/N for the non-security TSM and post it when I get it.

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 10:51:06 AM »

Miker

I tried to pull the maxi fuse so I could disconnect the battery, which goes into tamper mode and the siren runs of its own battery.  There isn't much info on how to work on the bike.  Turn on the ignition and then pull the maxi fuse.

According to the owners manual, the dealer can put it in Service mode which essentially disables the system, then leave it in service mode. 
Any day on the bike is a good day.

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 12:51:12 PM »

whats with the Fob Batterie  :-\

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 02:47:36 PM »

I tried to pull the maxi fuse so I could disconnect the battery, which goes into tamper mode and the siren runs of its own battery.  There isn't much info on how to work on the bike.  Turn on the ignition and then pull the maxi fuse.

According to the owners manual, the dealer can put it in Service mode which essentially disables the system, then leave it in service mode. 

Crap!    :'(  When I added fairing harnes I worked it hot with the key on to keep that blasted thing quiet. 

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 07:26:13 PM »

Well I checked with a dealer today about the parts to eliminate the proximity alarm in the '07 CVO. They told me I'd need a new, non-security TSM. But they also said they need to install it, as it needs to be setup thru the DigiTech! WTF? Is that true? I can't believe they are keeping their hands in everything on these bikes! And the '08's are even worse. My bike won't ever see the inside of an HD dealer again, if I can help it. How can this be done without them? Any ideas on this topic? TIA!

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 07:50:48 PM »

Well I checked with a dealer today about the parts to eliminate the proximity alarm in the '07 CVO. They told me I'd need a new, non-security TSM. But they also said they need to install it, as it needs to be setup thru the DigiTech! WTF? Is that true? I can't believe they are keeping their hands in everything on these bikes! And the '08's are even worse. My bike won't ever see the inside of an HD dealer again, if I can help it. How can this be done without them? Any ideas on this topic? TIA!

Hoist! 8)
Howie,

Can't say for sure, I don't have an '07 manual.  However, I was under the impression that the only reason they had to use the DTech on the '07 was to assign the fob to the module (they leave that up to the dealer during prep).  The old style system could be assigned by the owner using the fob button and turn signal switches, but the new system without a button required a different method.  Since you won't be using the fob or the security functions, I'm not sure what they would do once they hooked the DT up. :nixweiss:  You may want to speak with a different service department, one that is willing to check the manual rather than shoot you a quick answer.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 07:58:38 PM »

Howie,

Can't say for sure, I don't have an '07 manual.  However, I was under the impression that the only reason they had to use the DTech on the '07 was to assign the fob to the module (they leave that up to the dealer during prep).  The old style system could be assigned by the owner using the fob button and turn signal switches, but the new system without a button required a different method.  Since you won't be using the fob or the security functions, I'm not sure what they would do once they hooked the DT up. :nixweiss:  You may want to speak with a different service department, one that is willing to check the manual rather than shoot you a quick answer.

Jerry

Thanks a lot Jerry. With no capable HD dealers here, I can't count on any answers I get from them. I've given up on them completely and was hoping someone already did this, or can check with a "good" dealer that they have a relationship with. I'll keep plugging on this til I get it figured out. Like you, I'm fed up with HD. I will get this bike right without them now. I'm on a mission to build a bike that they can't build, and don't have the balls to build! ;)

Hoist! 8)

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 08:02:12 PM »

Well, that worked well! Not really, but now the bike is just really dead. I did try to reset using the maxi fuse.....but the frigg'n thing went off again. Now I think I've covered just about every battery...they are all dead now. Nothing like being complete!  :huepfenlol2:  Anyway, the whole thing is just another chapter in keeping this bike running. I called the dealer, but they don't have a trailer available until Monday. Bummer. . . .  Have I mentioned that I wished I had my old 2000 Road King back! No electronic stuff...it just ran. Damn thing even looked good to boot.

Anyway, thought I'd bring ya up to date on this saga. Pretty funny actually. $35k plus bike and can't get it out of the garage! I know the dealer will take care of it and it's not their fault, but sure wish that the mother ship built a better top of the line bike. I love this bike, but I sure want to ride the hell out of it. If I can get it running before the Love Ride in LA, I'll be ok. I do like the feel of the new motor, well at least of what I've been able to enjoy of it. Thanks for all of the help guys. I do appreciate it.
Scorpion
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 08:03:55 PM »

Well, that worked well! Not really, but now the bike is just really dead. I did try to reset using the maxi fuse.....but the frigg'n thing went off again. Now I think I've covered just about every battery...they are all dead now. Nothing like being complete!  :huepfenlol2:  Anyway, the whole thing is just another chapter in keeping this bike running. I called the dealer, but they don't have a trailer available until Monday. Bummer. . . .  Have I mentioned that I wished I had my old 2000 Road King back! No electronic stuff...it just ran. Damn thing even looked good to boot.

Anyway, thought I'd bring ya up to date on this saga. Pretty funny actually. $35k plus bike and can't get it out of the garage! I know the dealer will take care of it and it's not their fault, but sure wish that the mother ship built a better top of the line bike. I love this bike, but I sure want to ride the hell out of it. If I can get it running before the Love Ride in LA, I'll be ok. I do like the feel of the new motor, well at least of what I've been able to enjoy of it. Thanks for all of the help guys. I do appreciate it.
Scorpion

Let us know what went bad on it uj! It's always something on these '07's! >:(

Hoist! 8)

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 08:24:45 PM »

At least it's judt your alarm!!!!  I dumped my '06 SEUC after getting tired of all the paint issues and other problems, lost $6,000.  Now my '07 SEUC is in the shop with a blown rear head gasket, they are currently going to replace the rear cyclinder, pistons, rings.  I asked aboth the front cyclinder & the dealer is saying we are dpoing what HD told us to do!!!!!!

I am thinking about dumping the '07 for an '08 SEUC, but I think my stupid light may be on!!!!!!

napalm
napalm

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2007, 10:43:45 PM »

At least it's judt your alarm!!!!  I dumped my '06 SEUC after getting tired of all the paint issues and other problems, lost $6,000.  Now my '07 SEUC is in the shop with a blown rear head gasket, they are currently going to replace the rear cyclinder, pistons, rings.  I asked aboth the front cyclinder & the dealer is saying we are dpoing what HD told us to do!!!!!!

I am thinking about dumping the '07 for an '08 SEUC, but I think my stupid light may be on!!!!!!

napalm
napalm,

I truly feel for your situation, but I question what good it is to continue to trade (and take further financial losses) until we see some form of proof that the problems have been corrected.  From what I've been reading so far, the '08 hasn't burst out of the gate with outstanding quality either.  You could wind up trading every year from now until a certain place freezes over. :devil:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 20 queries.