Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 08 FLHRSE4 - Picking up today, Oct 12th  (Read 908 times)

Quint

• You all know how I earn a livin'
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Road King - Crystal Copper/Black Onyx
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2004 FLHRI Road King
08 FLHRSE4 - Picking up today, Oct 12th
« on: October 12, 2007, 01:28:57 PM »

I looked at my "baby" yesterday, all PDI'ed and gleaming on the showroom floor, with a sign saying, "SOLD - Do Not Sit!" Cool. I brought a friend in who has always been a Beemer fan (you know, the German "Harley") and he started talking about maybe getting a Fatboy. Now that's a switch.

I've got the anni Crystal Copper/Black Onyx. Anyway, the bike looked awesome. All that chrome and sparkling paint. The gold leaf looks like there's real gold (fool's gold?) under there. I asked the sales guy to start it and it sounded just okay. Certainly hasn't got the tone of Rineharts. So I'm probably destined to spend some more cash, but I think if I spent anything now, the missus would be pissed off and be reading me the riot act. I can't hardly blame her - if she wanted to spend 34 grand on a toy, it'd be hard to accept.

Anyway, I'm getting pretty excited about taking delivery. I'm like an expectant father. I'll probably pick mine up Fri or Sat. I'll post some pics when I get the little beast!

And this helped me with the cost justification. The F&I manager said to me that he thought getting the SE model was smart. He said that so many people finance a $20K bike and add $10K worth of bling only to find out that they're upside down on their bike loan. He said at least the SE models are highly sought after and always in demand. That felt encouraging. Kinda makes crazy purchase decision feel responsible!!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 04:23:15 PM by Quint »
You all know me. You know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for yer but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Swallow you whole.

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: 08 FLHRSE4 - Picking up today, Oct 12th
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 03:37:02 PM »

Very Cool - Congratulations! You can't go wrong with a SERK. As soon as you take your wife out for a ride, she will forget about how much it cost and think about how much fun it is.

nightvet

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Annie SERK
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 01:34:21 AM »

Congrats on the new ride!
Just got the word today that mine has finally hit production - hopefully have it end of next week. I'm also getting the Anny colors - still haven't seen a good picture of the paint scheme though - so you know what's coming....
 :worthless:

Wishing you many happy miles.

Quint

• You all know how I earn a livin'
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Road King - Crystal Copper/Black Onyx
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2004 FLHRI Road King
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 01:16:10 PM »

Nightvet, I've just been put back until Monday for delivery. I did a wire transfer and the sumbitch didn't clear yet. Bumma. Anyway, as soon as I get it, I'll post some pics. I can say that it looks very rich. The Crystal Copper is rich and quite dark with a heap of metal flake in it. It has none of the orange of the standard anni "coppertop" bikes. The Black Onyx has a hint of metal flake that only shows up in the sun. The gold stripe is a textured stripe that looks like gold leaf covered by 1/8" think clearcoat. It looks amazing. And it has a very subdued burgundy pinstripe. It looks so good, I wasn't even looking for a SERK - I was in the dealership looking at alternative colors on an Ultra, because mine had been put back to December. Anyway, my wife spied the bike, fell in love with it, and the rest is history...

I'll get you some pics ASAP!!
You all know me. You know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for yer but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Swallow you whole.

Copper/Black Cvo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Screaming Eagle Road King
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 10:14:57 PM »

It's great to start seeing the "Annie" are finally arriving..........

Can't wait to get mind.........

Congrats on your new ride......... :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
2008 Screaming Eagle Road King

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 20 queries.