Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Jester Decor's Night Rod Special  (Read 42251 times)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
Re: Jester Decor's Night Rod Special
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2007, 08:35:46 PM »

I rode the V to Union City and back today for a total of 50-60 miles. I'm still breaking in the engine so trying to not rev past 4-5K. It redlines at 9K. Even at 4K it gets to 70 MPH FAST. I can't imagine at 8,500-9,000 RPM. It's a totally different machine no doubt. Small, light, squirelly even compared to a bagger. Seems like the rear tire isn't always following the front tire.  I'd guess that's part of a wide rear tire? I definately need both hands on the bars.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2007, 10:41:48 PM »

I rode the V to Union City and back today for a total of 50-60 miles. I'm still breaking in the engine so trying to not rev past 4-5K. It redlines at 9K. Even at 4K it gets to 70 MPH FAST. I can't imagine at 8,500-9,000 RPM. It's a totally different machine no doubt. Small, light, squirelly even compared to a bagger. Seems like the rear tire isn't always following the front tire.  I'd guess that's part of a wide rear tire? I definately need both hands on the bars.

The front forks on the V are the same diameter as a Dyna...a little on the small side, but nothing that Traxxion can't take care of... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

It's a quick bike, Ken, and a really different ride, but that's what makes it so nice.  It's a Harley, but it's not...both at the same time.  It will hold a line through a turn, it just takes a little time to get used to picking a different approach, but it will go where you point it.  New bars will help with the front end feeling...more leverage.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2007, 06:12:03 AM »

The front forks on the V are the same diameter as a Dyna...a little on the small side, but nothing that Traxxion can't take care of... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

It's a quick bike, Ken, and a really different ride, but that's what makes it so nice.  It's a Harley, but it's not...both at the same time.  It will hold a line through a turn, it just takes a little time to get used to picking a different approach, but it will go where you point it.  New bars will help with the front end feeling...more leverage.

OH, I'm thouroughly enjoying it Terry. Can't wait till it's broke in. The feeling I'm talking about isn't the bars, I'm thinking. It feels like the wide rear tire is finding a different spot in the road than the front tire. It's not major, it does keep ya on your toes though. Don't think you can just turn loose of the bars like a dresser.

Got some mods ordered yesterday. Going to HAVE to have different bars. Leaning forward like a crotch rocket isn't going to get along with my back. I've been reading on the OTHER forum...sporty bars would be simple. Actually saw some mini apes on one over there..Actually---looked pretty cool.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2007, 01:15:33 PM »

LET THE MODS BEGIN!

Here's a photo of the first mod. $938..arghhhh..Tell me what you think. More chrome? I'm really thinking the sticker should have been blacked out too.

REGGAB

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2007, 02:31:58 PM »

LET THE MODS BEGIN!

Here's a photo of the first mod. $938..arghhhh..Tell me what you think. More chrome? I'm really thinking the sticker should have been blacked out too.

WOW.....did you buy the bike in Union City, then take it home and pay sales tax?  I hope that's the reason that tag was so high.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2007, 03:25:40 PM »

WOW.....did you buy the bike in Union City, then take it home and pay sales tax?  I hope that's the reason that tag was so high.

yup, I didn't pay the dealer anything for tags and license..bring it home and do that here. It's just easier.

REGGAB

« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2007, 07:10:58 AM »

yup, I didn't pay the dealer anything for tags and license..bring it home and do that here. It's just easier.
I worked the Sporty the same way.  Made it easier doing the purchase since there was no sales tax involved, and also at the tag office during registration......plus the sales tax rate is lower here.  Heck, it's pushing 10% in Tennessee.   :o

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2007, 08:05:28 PM »

Had to fuel up the V yesterday. It had 106 miles on it, and it rook 4-1/2 gallons of fuel. 23-1/2 MPG????

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2007, 08:42:31 PM »

Had to fuel up the V yesterday. It had 106 miles on it, and it rook 4-1/2 gallons of fuel. 23-1/2 MPG????

Yeah, but I bet you never had a Harley that got to the gas station as fast as that one!

Get it broke in and then check it!

S
  /
    B

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2007, 10:43:04 PM »

Was that from the tank of gas it was delivered with?  If so don't forget how diligent the dealer might have been about getting her really full.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2007, 07:05:14 AM »

Was that from the tank of gas it was delivered with?  If so don't forget how diligent the dealer might have been about getting her really full.

Yup, it is. Aight'den, I'll watch the next tank, because I filled it this time till it was running over.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2007, 07:13:29 AM »

You sure are havin fun ridin Cheri's bike Ken.  Sounds like it is getting good mileage for a just bein broke in bike too.  When is Cheri goin to start ridin?  Just curious. 

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2007, 07:18:14 AM »

You sure are havin fun ridin Cheri's bike Ken.  Sounds like it is getting good mileage for a just bein broke in bike too.  When is Cheri goin to start ridin?  Just curious. 

Truth is, she has NO desire to start riding. She's perfectly content to be a BSR. She's a darn good one too.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2007, 07:21:49 AM »

Truth is, she has NO desire to start riding. She's perfectly content to be a BSR. She's a darn good one too.
I have a lot of my friends who think like her.  I admire them.  I can not even get on the back of a bike with any kind of grace or style, and then if I am back there, I fidget to much and lean into curves as if I'm drivn.  I, didn't read the whole thread, so for some reason from the title I thought this bike was for Cheri.  Glad you got a new toy to play with, and it sounds like this is a great new toy. 

:cherry:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2007, 07:53:17 AM »

Here's a photo of the new V.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 24 queries.