Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Author Topic: Enough is Enough 2010-2011 (another Winter arrives)  (Read 23468 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Enough is Enough 2008-2009 (another Winter arrives)
« Reply #390 on: December 04, 2008, 03:30:15 PM »

My car  in the morning  :confused5:

Yea Jorge, probably sunny, 75* there!!!

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #391 on: December 04, 2008, 03:35:35 PM »

Dang Nige, are the pictures for real?... that's like two inches of ice on everything.

We had a terrible ice storm here in Oklahoma last year -- did a lot of damage to trees and electric lines, but it was not as bad as the photo you posted.

Here is a picture just out my office window last December... my office window is about 30 miles from my bed :(

They sure are real - they are from a town called Versoix situated next to Lac leman which is near to Geneva in Switzerland. I'm sure Jorge won't mind if I post a couple more.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 03:43:04 PM by BalDeagle »
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #392 on: December 04, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »

!

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #393 on: December 04, 2008, 03:37:13 PM »

!

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #394 on: December 04, 2008, 03:38:26 PM »

!

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #395 on: December 04, 2008, 03:39:16 PM »

Yea, if I ever build a house I'm going with the radiant heat, house, garage, don't know about the drive. Many of the snows are big, don't know if it could keep up?

Nice warm garage floor, each room with it's own temp control, that would be great. Stayed at a resort in Santa Fe that had it, great in the morning when you get out of bed and the floor is warm.

Howie, how long have you had yours? Were you on fuel oil before that? I was wondering about a cost comparison. We have natural gas here, I remember how much it use to cost us when we had fuel oil in NJ, with an old converted coal furnace!! $$$$ :-\

Craig, I can design a system to melt ANY amount of snow, at ANY temp and wind velocity. These are the factors to consider when sizing a system. But the higher the requirements, the more boiler HP you have to throw at it. I was on gas before and now. Best I can tell, it runs me about 50 bucks per storm on my property. That's about 2000 sq ft. I designed for 0 degF outside temp, 2" of snow/hour in 50 mph winds. I maintain my slab at 45 deg F during melting. Pretty severe design. But I didn't want to see it on my property. Most residential systems are designed to accumulate snow and melt it over time. This keeps the equipment size down. But I designed it for critical duty, no accumulation, and instantaneous meltage. I have the "CVO Snow Melting System"!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #396 on: December 04, 2008, 03:39:23 PM »

!

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #397 on: December 04, 2008, 03:41:44 PM »

!

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #398 on: December 04, 2008, 03:44:08 PM »

Craig, I can design a system to melt ANY amount of snow, at ANY temp and wind velocity. These are the factors to consider when sizing a system. But the higher the requirements, the more boiler HP you have to throw at it. I was on gas before and now. Best I can tell, it runs me about 50 bucks per storm on my property. That's about 2000 sq ft. I designed for 0 degF outside temp, 2" of snow/hour in 50 mph winds. I maintain my slab at 45 deg F during melting. Pretty severe design. But I didn't want to see it on my property. Most residential systems are designed to accumulate snow and melt it over time. This keeps the equipment size down. But I designed it for critical duty, no accumulation, and instantaneous meltage. I have the "CVO Snow Melting System"!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

So you didn't do the house? I thought you might have remodeled and done the boiler then.  Pretty cool.

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #399 on: December 04, 2008, 03:45:12 PM »

Where do they think their going to go???  :confused5: :nixweiss:

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #400 on: December 04, 2008, 03:46:08 PM »

???

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #401 on: December 04, 2008, 03:55:10 PM »

So you didn't do the house? I thought you might have remodeled and done the boiler then.  Pretty cool.

I remodeled the entire house and property 5 years ago. The new HVAC system, including the boilers and snowmelting system, was part of the renovation. So was all new masonry outside. ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #402 on: December 04, 2008, 04:15:13 PM »

I remodeled the entire house and property 5 years ago. The new HVAC system, including the boilers and snowmelting system, was part of the renovation. So was all new masonry outside. ;)

Hoist! 8)

But did you do the radiant under floor heat in the house?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #403 on: December 04, 2008, 04:21:24 PM »

But did you do the radiant under floor heat in the house?

C'mon, now! The most efficient and most comfortable heating system available- RADIANT? Of course man! My entire house is heated by radiant. In the floors in some rooms, and on the walls in others. My detached garage floor is radiant heated too! 400,000 BTUH's to radiant heat whatever the hell I want to, inluding an unlimited amount of instantaneous domestic HW from it too! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #404 on: December 04, 2008, 04:39:57 PM »

C'mon, now! The most efficient and most comfortable heating system available- RADIANT? Of course man! My entire house is heated by radiant. In the floors in some rooms, and on the walls in others. My detached garage floor is radiant heated too! 400,000 BTUH's to radiant heat whatever the hell I want to, including an unlimited amount of instantaneous domestic HW from it too! ;)

Hoist! 8)

So just on the house do you see any heat savings. Did you put separate thermostats in major rooms? I was looking into tankless hot water too.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.