Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: I've got the SEEG2 Blues...  (Read 4599 times)

axe103

• Thelema
I've got the SEEG2 Blues...
« on: March 19, 2005, 10:14:23 PM »

I'm new to the forum so I'd like to say hello to you all. It's been great reading all the posts.  I have been building up a steam of enthusiasm to purchase an SEEG2 for the last few months; and, lately, the enthusiasm has about reached critical mass, as it were. However, a couple days ago, I discovered this site from a Google search on SEEG2 and have been devouring every comment made about it under the FLHTCSE2 topic. Now, while loving reading about the bike, I've got the blues on all the problems presented by many of you about such things as bad paint jobs, "leaking," of all things, and way too many negative issues and hassles associated with various Harley dealers. Good news about regional reps but, man, having to go all that route...it's like...damn!

I was planning on placing my order through my local Tampa Harley dealer here in Tampa Florida, but, after a good read of the above mentioned posts, I now am thinking I need to hold that thought and do some serious research into finding the best dealer around the area first to hedge myself against at least a dealer-side "fall." Are there any members living around the central Gulf Coast area of Florida that may have a good recommendation on a dealer? Also, to ask of a collective opinion, are the possibilities more for or against CVO offering another Electra Glide SE flavor for 2006? Thanks for input on this; it's been way cool to find a site dedicated to SE's like this.

Best regards,

axe103

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: I've got the SEEG2 Blues...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 10:19:30 PM »

Possibilities are more AGAINST offering a SE Electra Glide model according to a HD representative at Daytona last week.  He didn't actually SAY SO, but left the distinct impression that the touring model next year would be a  "T" .  That's all I know [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 10:24:01 PM »

Welcome axe; there is as you know from reading the posts here a wealth of info. Yes there are "issues" with the CVO bikes but I don't think they are any different from any other models. I encourage your choice in a SEEG2. It is the best decision on a bike I have made and even with the "issues" we have expirienced I do not regret it at all. As far as 06 if the moco sticks to history there will not be an SEEG. They have only run the models for two years.

Good luck! [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 10:48:50 PM »

Axe103 welcome to the board.  The same as any other model of Harley (or any other make, for that matter) you always have one or two here and there that have problems and those problems get posted on web sites........just like this one.

I think of all the CVO's collectively, those that have had problems as new bikes is a very small percentage.  You might want to view this poll........

94 votes are "very satisified".  18 votes "somewhat satisfied", only 23 are "somewhat dissatisfied" and absolutely none, 0, voted that they're "Very Dissastisfied.   My guess is that nearly all those that are "somewhat dissatisfied" voted however, I suspect that many, many that are very satisfied didn't even bother to vote.  So, all in all, I think the odds are pretty good that you'll be a happy camper.  But getting good service and attention from the selling dealership can go a long way in accomplishing that satisfaction.  JMHO
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 11:13:47 PM »

axe103, welcome to the site.  You won't regret buying a SEEG.  There won't be a SEEG for 2006.  If I were you, I'd pick one up before they are all gone.  SEEGs rule!!!!!
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 01:06:01 AM »

Welcome axe, there is another thread.."are there any red ones left out there?" several members located red ones on the showroom floor. Some sell at MSRP, some prices are jacked up a few k...dealer profit...At this point in the year, you can't order a red one...each dealer had an allotment of CVO bikes for the year. The Yellow SEEGS are due in April. They produced and shipped by color. The green first, then the cherry and finally the yellow. Call around and find one, then go get it...you will not be sorry!
Good luck! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 01:06:53 AM by tonys »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 02:40:24 AM »

My local dealer, Tampa Harley, adds 4500 to the MSRP; pretty high eh?

I didn't know about the color progression, and April it is for the yellow; that's interesting. I've never owned a yellow anything; but, on this bike, well, it has "made me look." Any comments from owners on the Profile tm lowered front fork and rear setup? Thanks.

Axe, the yellow is likely going to be one of those "love it / hate it" kind of colors.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 02:41:11 AM by twolanerider »

jmorton10

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 07:27:29 AM »

My local dealer, Tampa Harley, adds 4500 to the MSRP; pretty high eh?

That's totally insane.  It was gone yesterday, but a local dealer had a red one on the floor for almost two months & they sell at msrp.

~John

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2005, 07:34:27 AM »

Yo Axe,
Many posts to forums such as this are about 'issues' or questions about our bikes.  Perusing such posts can give the uninitiated a false impression that problems are all there is to talk about with the SEEG.  Nothing could be further from the actual truth.  We just use this board to get answers to questions regarding issues, issues that most other bikes have as well.  Also most of us dont' take the time to sit down and write about all the great things we experience with the SEEG cuz we are out riding!  That said, here's my take: the SEEG is by far the best HD I have ever ridden, much less owned and I've owned a few.  Issues are minor, engine is the nuts, handling is great, bike is gorgeous...it's all good.

As for Florida dealers, give Fletchers HD in Clearwater a call.  Talk to Tom Deegan, a standup guy.  He sells at MSRP, not sure if he can still get you one but worth a try.   Failing that, keep your eye on CycleTrader.com....bought mine there with only 300 miles on her from a guy with way too many toys.

good luck,

elvis

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 08:29:35 AM »

Welcome axe103 to this most wonderful forum. As Elvis just told you, and others too, please do not think that we are unhappy with our bikes.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 08:59:12 AM by Mrs._WeCVO »

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 08:55:54 AM »

Axe, read about suspension issues...use the search button up top. Several like it, several have had bottoming out probs on rear...I have not had that probly because most of the time I am riding solo. I like it low. feels just right for me.

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2005, 08:57:18 AM »

Axe103,
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 08:58:04 AM by DavidB »

Dirt Bagger

• Junior CVO Member
  • Keep The Shiny Side Up!
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2005, 11:20:52 AM »

axe103,
Welcome to the site! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Although the SE Ultra is probably the logical choice for H-D in 2006. It may not be.  It might very well could be a sporty.  I don't know what or if you are riding now, but the SEEG is the first bagger I ever rode.  Now I can't think of riding anything else on a long haul.  Also, if the extra chrome and gadgets on the Ultra trip your trigger, I have seen lots of things added to the SEEG that make it more of an Ultra.  I like the clean and chopped look myself.  I think it fits more the 40 something crowd.  Maybe when I'm 50-60 I'll go for the crash bars.  Anyway, I have had no problems with my bike that were not caused by making changes.... and those were/are minor ones.  The SEEG's rule!

Doug

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2005, 01:13:45 PM »

axe103,
Welcome to the site! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Although the SE Ultra is probably the logical choice for H-D in 2006. It may not be.

LeRoy

• Full CVO Member
  • God, Family, Country, Harley !
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2005, 02:55:21 PM »

Aside from the onboard communications hardware is there really that much difference between an Ultra and the way the SEEGs are decked out.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 03:09:21 PM by hoverp »
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.