Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ENGINE SWAP ON 06 SE FATBOY  (Read 903 times)

WISHBONE

• Junior CVO Member
ENGINE SWAP ON 06 SE FATBOY
« on: November 25, 2007, 10:19:31 AM »

I have just completed and engine change on my 06 fatboy.  This bike came with a 20mm drive belt instead of a 25mm like all the other softails.  I have put a Jims120 in it and things seem to be okay but haven't taken it over 3500 rpm's for the break-in period.  I put a steel laced belt in just to be safe but still wondering if I should have gone with a chain drive with 130 pounds of torque and close to the same in HP. I see that "stratus" another member on this board has done about the same with his Fatboy so does anybody know how he went with his bike(chain or belt) as he is turning up alot more than I am.  The clutch is probably going to be a problem also, so is there any advice there for changing out the SE clutch to a heavier one. Thanks for reading and I hope to get some good advice.
JIMS 120  145/144
SE SIX SPEED
ALL THE CHROME THAT WOULD FIT

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: ENGINE SWAP ON 06 SE FATBOY
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 01:17:05 PM »

With my Otis type stock motor I used the Rivera Pro Clutch with a vp92T (vpc variable pressure clutch).  As far as the belt goes I put the heavy belt on my roadking and have not had any breakage yet in 2 years.   It is the belt they use for side car.   I have a chain setup for the bike as well, but it makes a gawd awful mess slinging the chain lube all over the place.   Thus far they are holding up to 147 / 143 without any issues.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 20 queries.