Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: blacked out  (Read 8977 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: blacked out
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2005, 09:49:45 PM »

Hey Hub, Instead of puttin' 60K in a Harley to make it run 130mph, why not spend 11k for a Suzuki that will run 200mpn out of the box?

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2005, 10:08:46 PM »

Your right TwoLane

Hell, I sold my Hayabusa because it saw 175 WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to many times.
And still had plenty left. I just developed a bad case of TWB's when riding it.
So I bought the Lowrider to slow down!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2005, 01:01:06 AM »

Your right TwoLane

Hell, I sold my Hayabusa because it saw 175 WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to many times.
And still had plenty left. I just developed a bad case of TWB's when riding it.
So I bought the Lowrider to slow down!

Watched two idiots very quickly come to blows one night as we walked out of a drinking establishment with several bikes lined up out front.  A kid only just barely old enough to enter was being razzed about his Suzuki by a large guy on a Lowrider.  The Harley rider was commenting on the sewing machine quality of the buzzing sound he bikes engine note carried.  I'm impressed by anything that burns gasoline and has a redline of 12k.  But the large guy wasn't.  He razzed the kid only until the point that the kid responded by saying he'd rather ride a sewing machine than a "Slowrider."  That turned out to be enough to start things that night.....

Since I didn't know either of them I went back inside and drank one more beverage before leaving.

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2005, 09:27:28 AM »

Exactly why I bought a bagger. I can cruise in style and live longer. Still have my ST1300 and always cruised at 90-100 mph. Just a matter of time before a deer or a farmer pulling out on a road would have snuffed me out. Had a gravel truck pull out on me once and I was on him in seconds with a car coming as well. Had no choice but to give'er and go in between. Just to dangerous to be doing that.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 09:28:16 AM by Bad_Ass_2 »
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2005, 10:55:38 AM »

Exactly why I bought a bagger. I can cruise in style and live longer. Still have my ST1300 and always cruised at 90-100 mph. Just a matter of time before a deer or a farmer pulling out on a road would have snuffed me out. Had a gravel truck pull out on me once and I was on him in seconds with a car coming as well. Had no choice but to give'er and go in between. Just to dangerous to be doing that.

O yea..been there... [smiley=shocked2.gif]...especially as you get a little older ..for me comfort wins...course ya gotta be able to go fast too. I was ready to plunk a lot of $ into my 03 Ultra to get 100+ hp...plus all the custom goodies...when I saw the SEEG, it was a no brainer...so now Im thinkin a few bucks for a little extra HP wouldn't hurt [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2005, 11:07:27 AM »

Don't think you will get challenged as it seems most everyone agrees with you.
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2005, 12:54:30 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh hd2003-se2005,
 OK man, here we go again.  I appreciate your concern about my decisions on how I spend my money, but you needn't fret about it.  Shrader doesn't have a clue as to how much capital I've invested in my Bagger.  However, I can assure you, if I had purchased it from his place of employment, and had them do all the modifications, it would far exceed his estimate of my financial exposure in this particular unit!  As for the Kelley Blue Book, that is only a guide for Lending Institutions and Insurance Adjusters.  A Motorsickle, or anything you sell for that matter, is worth exactly what you get out of it.  Case in point:  When my new '02 FLHTCUI came in on October 20, 2001, I sold my 1989 FLHTCU, for $20,000.00.  That's what I wanted. That's what I got.  If I ever decide to sell my '02 FLHTCUI, I'll get what I want, or I simply will not sell it!  Then, there is always the question of the pleasure I get from the wind in my face.  What's that worth?  That part of Life is worth untold value to me.  Bragging is such an ugly word, hd2003.  I apologize if my "Ribbing Remarks" aimed directly at SHRADER and OTIS, whom I consider my True Friends, offended anyone on this FANTASTIC SITE!  I would not want you to confuse my confidence with arrogance!  No one on this GREAT SITE would take me serious, until I produced the "Hallowed" Dyno-Sheet.  Remember, The Great Vince Lombardi said, "If you can do it, it ain't braggin'!"  The statement you made about spending less on my next Motorsickle has me curious.  I must be doing something different than you Hot-Rodders in North Caroliner.  The next one always cost me more than the last one.  I appreciate your advice of "Just Chill", but it is an attribute that has always seemed to be absent in my life.  My Ol' Pappy told me if I didn't make dust, I'd eat dust!  Having let what was on my mind come through my fingers, I do recognize us both as A+ personalities, and in kind, hope you do not take offense to any of the above.  Friends are hard to come by, and I want all of them I can get!  See you in "The Valley!"  Later--HUBBARD            
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2005, 01:01:21 PM »

Good point, or even $24,000 for a Boss Hoss and have no worries against anyone except another Boss.

Yeah, 'er 'uh,
 When Pigs Fly!! Later--HUBBARD

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2005, 01:13:10 PM »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2005, 01:48:01 PM »

« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 01:58:28 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2005, 01:49:02 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolanerider,

That'd be a neggy on the "good buddy" part.    Later--HUBBARD

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2005, 01:53:44 PM »

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2005, 01:56:24 PM »

Tater Hubbard!

No offense taken!!!!!!
I REALLY enjoy the "discussion" between us.

It's kinda funny that just this morning I was talking with MFG as to whether anyone picked up on my comparison between cost and value. That's like comparing apples and oranges.
But I'm happy that you read through my words and understood what I was saying..

Hubbard your delivery (or presentation) of "your facts" sometimes does come off as arrogance. If indeed it is actually confidence then I apologize. Confidence is a trait that usually commands respect.  Arrogance does not and never will.

Concerning the spending less on your next bike I think you missed my point.  In your goal of mucho horsepower it's hard for me to believe that you haven't change parts that didn't perform just as you wanted to reach your H/P goal. My point is that to achieve your H/P goal on your next bike you have learned from what works and what doesn't. So my assumption is that the next motor will be less expensive since you learned from the first.
Unless you claim to have never selected or been steered wrong in your H/P quest.

I guess the main difference between us Tater is that in the morning when I look in the mirror I can't imagine having over 60K in a bike that is worth 1/3 of that and knowing that the kid down the street on the 600 Ninja can wear my ass out. It's not that important to me! My biggest competition is myself.  Look forward to riding with you!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Cause I do like a challenge!

And one final thing!
Your right about the Boss Hoss! They are fun to race from a standing start!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2005, 05:13:37 PM »

Hubbard has ignored my last post on this thread..........I'm thinkin he's up to somethin.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 05:15:18 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2005, 05:33:42 PM »

JCZ

I think you may be onto something!
He can't outrun Otis so he might as well join us!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 25 queries.