Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: Corbin Fit On SERK3 Seat!  (Read 12845 times)

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
Re: Corbin Fit On SERK3 Seat!
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2008, 09:47:02 PM »

Howie, I have talked to Don before and yes he is a nice guy. In fact everyone I have ever talked to at Corbin has been nice but the problem I encountered was that their people seem to come and go rather fast, at least in Florida. If you recall I had sent my seat back to Corbin when they had realized during a conversation about the gap near the tank, that they had not sent me the correct seat.  Anyway I returned the seat in Feb and I just got it back about mid May. Seat appears to be the same as the previous one from the standpoint of padding. I loved the old seat and took two trips that totalled about 5000 miles with no discomfort. The new seat definitely has a new "nose" and fits much better. I will attach a couple of phots so that you can see the fit.   JJ

Now this is the way they should all be made. No gap on the
right side of the tank. I would want one if it fit like this.

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2008, 10:35:24 AM »

I believe that Corbin had actually sent out seats for the 07 SERK that did not have the correct base. If you  flip the seat over you should see some etching in the base of the seat. This writing is also included on the tags that are under there. Anyway I don't have my seat in front of me but there should be writing that says something similar to 07 CVO RK. There was a big difference in the height and contour of the nose of the seat between the first seat Corbin sent and the second one.

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2008, 12:46:11 PM »

I believe that Corbin had actually sent out seats for the 07 SERK that did not have the correct base. If you  flip the seat over you should see some etching in the base of the seat. This writing is also included on the tags that are under there. Anyway I don't have my seat in front of me but there should be writing that says something similar to 07 CVO RK. There was a big difference in the height and contour of the nose of the seat between the first seat Corbin sent and the second one.
You are correct, I had received 4 incorrect seats from Corbin, I paid for the return shipping each time, when I received the credit 5 months later, it was for 1 return (shipping costs) not 4. However, I was told, I would be contacted when the proper seat was ready to ship and I would have the unreimbursed shipping charges deducted off the cost of the seat along with my10% Sturgis discount. When I read FLHRSE3 Group members were receiving seats from Corbin, I contacted Corbin, told the CSR to look up my file, and send me out the dual tour seat. The CSR contacted me later the same day to informed me Corbin would give me the 10% discount, however, I was not going to receive the $108.63 in out of pocket shipping. This is why I will never offer Corbin as a viable option. Next time I go to Hollister, CA I will file a claim via Small Claims. Corbin Is Dead To Me!

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2008, 04:59:58 PM »

Corbin actually had UPS pick up my seat so I did not have to pay the shipping charges. Also as they had had a price reduction from the time of my original purchase, I asked them if they would refund the difference.  The salesman said he did not think he could get them to refund the money so I responded with if no refund then include the heater at no charge or cancel my order and refund my money. They included the heater at no charge.   Sorry that you had all the trouble that you did.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2008, 09:34:16 AM »

I put a Mustang on mine, its about 1" short of the console, at least the corbin comes up over the console.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2008, 01:49:38 PM »

I received my new  Corbin 3 weeks ago. It fits fine and looks good. It was a hard ride for the first 800 miles but seems to get better by the day.KB
kb

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2008, 11:19:16 AM »

Well, I spoke with Corbin again today. They're sending me a shipping label to send my seat back again for its 3rd rebuild. Original seat was NFG! The rework of the nose got the shape better, but seat was still really uncomfortable. They're taking it back to try again. Hope they get it right this time. I'm getting sick of all this back and forth. All we want is a damn comfortable touring seat, which we've already paid for!!! :nixweiss: ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2008, 12:15:55 PM »

Crikey!

I have and old dual tour...all broke in..

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2008, 01:42:31 PM »

Well, I spoke with Corbin again today. They're sending me a shipping label to send my seat back again for its 3rd rebuild. Original seat was NFG! The rework of the nose got the shape better, but seat was still really uncomfortable. They're taking it back to try again. Hope they get it right this time. I'm getting sick of all this back and forth. All we want is a damn comfortable touring seat, which we've already paid for!!! :nixweiss: ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Maybe it's not the seat.  Maybe it's your ass is old and wore out :nixweiss: ?

Sorry about the continued hassle.  Too bad the seat didn't bear true to your first impressions.  I'm lucky that all of mine are fine.  This latest one probably even best of all.  Keeping fingers crossed they get it to make your ass very happy this time.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2008, 10:16:28 AM »

I  wish that I had the choice between Corbin and Mustang when I bought my Corbin. I am not unhappy with Corbin I just think Mustang is a little more comfey on the backside. KB
kb

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2008, 10:20:20 AM »

I  wish that I had the choice between Corbin and Mustang when I bought my Corbin. I am not unhappy with Corbin I just think Mustang is a little more comfey on the backside. KB

Never cared for the looks of a Mustang. But the C&C, Saddleman, and Day Longs don't look too bad. I just hope my Corbin comes back like the seat I thought I bought in the first place. Otherwise, I'll need to look at my options again too! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2008, 06:41:20 PM »

I guess i just lucked out. My Corbin looks and fits just fine. The heat is a nice option in this weather. I just wish it was a little softer for my old azz. KB
kb

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2008, 07:58:01 PM »

Hoist! 8)

FCRBN !!! Is this going to be a new mantra?  :nixweiss:  :huepfenjump3:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2008, 08:00:04 PM »

FCRBN !!! Is this going to be a new mantra?  :nixweiss:  :huepfenjump3:

Not yet Joe!!! One more chance before I sing that tune!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2008, 09:09:47 AM »

My Mustang is the most comfortable seat I've tried and they are super people to work with. It easily covers the console.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 24 queries.