Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: SE cam plate  (Read 8510 times)

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

SE cam plate
« on: December 05, 2007, 11:31:10 AM »

As you know I am not a fan of the new style cam plate that is a plain bushing plate. Well we tried the SE version with bronze bushing's in it on a bike yesterday. I have to say it is a nice made plate and we had no issues at all with it. I made a few calls as well to see who else has used it and two others gave me the thumbs up on it as well. So if you are looking to upgrade with cams it is a worth while addition at the same time.  The bike that we used it on had the cam bushing( lack of better words) plain bearing area worn badly bike was a 07 96 incher.  Jeff if you are reading this i would use this plate on your build.
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: SE cam plate
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 12:55:52 PM »

As you know I am not a fan of the new style cam plate that is a plain bushing plate. Well we tried the SE version with bronze bushing's in it on a bike yesterday. I have to say it is a nice made plate and we had no issues at all with it. I made a few calls as well to see who else has used it and two others gave me the thumbs up on it as well. So if you are looking to upgrade with cams it is a worth while addition at the same time.  The bike that we used it on had the cam bushing( lack of better words) plain bearing area worn badly bike was a 07 96 incher.  Jeff if you are reading this i would use this plate on your build.

Steve,

How would you compare the new style SE cam plate to the Feuling cam plate?

thanks..
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 01:18:14 PM »

Well I hope that I do not offend any one but I do not like the fueling plate at all for the street enignes. Ihave had too many issues with getting the back lash right.  I have one on E-bay right now for sale that is less than half of new plate has 300 miles on it.  They tend to be all over the place for size from bearing hole to bearing hole.  I use them rarely and only if the customers wantes it.  Again no bushing there either.  The stock plates used to be be ok now that you can get a bushed plate that will be the route we will be taking until something better is out in the same price range. The kicker is that SE sells a "better" plate for replacement of the non bushed stock unit. Maybe they new there might be a issue?? Who knows i am just ahppy that it is not overly costly.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 07:22:56 PM »

Steve

I saw your post. The plate is a go. Now about that SE 58mm TB????
My guys told me about the SE plate. They thought it would fit in on my build nicely.
Thanks again Steve

JW

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 06:48:18 PM »

The 58 is still a new item and we have a bike that we are going to use it on but that is a bit down the road. So at this time I have no 100% solid data to give you. Sorry .

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 07:39:56 AM »

doesnt the new SE plate come with the new style oil pump? for around $400?

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 08:51:47 AM »

doesnt the new SE plate come with the new style oil pump? for around $400?

Can the Feuling oil pump be used with the new SE cam plate?
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 08:53:07 AM »

I thought this camplate is only good on '08's and not good for the '07's? :confused5:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 09:05:33 AM »

I thought this camplate is only good on '08's and not good for the '07's? :confused5:

Hoist! 8)

As far as I know, there is nothing different in the motors for 07 and 08. It should fit fine.

:indian_chief:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 09:09:47 AM »

As far as I know, there is nothing different in the motors for 07 and 08. It should fit fine.

Sorry Chuck, I meant to say it's for pre-'06Dyna/'07/'08 Models. That's why I didn't consider using it on my '07. :confused5:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 09:15:04 AM »

Sorry Chuck, I meant to say it's for pre-'06Dyna/'07/'08 Models. That's why I didn't consider using it on my '07. :confused5:

Hoist! 8)

Gotcha, but this plate has the bronze cam bushings instead of the parent material bearings which means "We drilled a hole and quit at that." This part looks interesting as it addresses that problem.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 01:25:21 PM »

I'm no expert, but if your talking about the SE Billet Cam plate on page 61 of the SE catalog, it is stock on all 07s according to the description.  HD has a nasty way of saying a part doesn't fit certain models, years if it was already installed there.
25283-07 $429.95
????????????????????
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 01:59:08 PM »

I'm no expert, but if your talking about the SE Billet Cam plate on page 61 of the SE catalog, it is stock on all 07s according to the description.  HD has a nasty way of saying a part doesn't fit certain models, years if it was already installed there.
25283-07 $429.95
????????????????????

The motors come with a cast plate, not a billet plate. It will fit the new design, but doesn't come in them. Stock is 25355-06.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 02:24:21 PM »

The motors come with a cast plate, not a billet plate. It will fit the new design, but doesn't come in them. Stock is 25355-06.

The part number in the catalog is for a kit, so I didn't bother to look for the same number in the SERK parts book.

Chief, Why does it say that it is stock on the 07 96 Twin Cams if it isn't?
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 02:29:11 PM »

The part number in the catalog is for a kit, so I didn't bother to look for the same number in the SERK parts book.

Chief, Why does it say that it is stock on the 07 96 Twin Cams if it isn't?

It's the oil pump that is stock, not the plate...
Screamin' Eagle® Billet Cam Plate and High Volume Oil Pump

The Screamin' Eagle® Billet cam plate and high volume oil pump kit upgrades early model stock or large displacement performance Twin Cam engines. High flow rate/high scavenge rate oil pump, stock on '07 and later Twin cam 96 models, improves the stock oiling system to increase oil flow to piston oil jets, cam chain tensioner, pinion shaft bearings and connecting rod bearings. Increased oiling results in lower engine operating temperatures and increased performance. Billet Cam Support Plate is precision machined from 6061 Aluminum and anodized for durability. Kit is pre-assembled with crankshaft bushing and oil pressure relief valve. Kit includes Billet Cam Support Plate, oil pump assembly, bearing retainer plate and chain guide riser.

25283-07

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '99-'06 Touring and Softail® and '99-'05 Dyna® models.

MSRP US $429.95

« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 02:33:01 PM by Chief »
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.