Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: This Will Make Some Happy But (HOPEFULLY) Most Mad  (Read 3827 times)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
This Will Make Some Happy But (HOPEFULLY) Most Mad
« on: December 15, 2007, 12:01:50 AM »

Got this email today, thought I'd share it.

The next time you hear a politician use the word "billion" in a casual manner, think about whether you want the "politicians" spending YOUR tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its releases.

A. A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C. A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.

D. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

E. A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.

While this thought is still fresh in our brains, let's take a look at New Orleans, it's amazing what you can learn with some simple division . . .

Louisiana Senator, Mary Landrieu (D), is presently asking the Congress for $250 BILLION to rebuild New Orleans. 
Interesting number, what does it mean?

A. Well, if you are one of 484,674 residents of New Orleans (every man, woman, child), you each get $516,528.

B. Or, if you have one of the 188,251 homes in New Orleans, your home gets $1,329,787.

C. Or, if you are a family of four, your family gets $2,066,012.

Washington, D.C .. HELLO!!! ... Are all your calculators broken??

Tax his land,
Tax his wage,
Tax his bed in which he lays.
Tax his tractor,
Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes is the rule.
Tax his cow,
Tax his goat,
Tax his pants,
Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
Tax his shirts,
Tax his work,
Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
Tax his drink,
Tax him if he even tries to think.

Tax his booze,
Tax his beers,
If he cries,
Tax his tears.

Tax his bills,
Tax his gas,
Tax his notes,
Tax his cash.

Tax him good and let him know
That after taxes, he has no dough.

If he hollers,
Tax him more,
Tax him until he's good and sore.

Tax his coffin,
Tax his grave,
Tax the sod in which he lays.
Put these words upon his tomb,
"Taxes drove me to my doom!"

And when he's gone,
We won't relax,
We'll still be after the inheritance TAX!!

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL License Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax),
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax),
Liquor Tax,
Luxury Tax,
Marriage License Tax,
Medicare Tax,
Personal Property Tax,
Property Tax,
Real Estate Tax,
Service charge taxes,
Social Security Tax,
Road Usage Tax (Truckers),
Sales Taxes,
Recreational Vehicle Tax ,
School Tax,
State Capital Gains Tax
State Income Tax,
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA),
Telephone Federal Excise Tax,
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax,
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax,
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax,
Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax,
Telephone State and Local Tax,
Telephone Usage Charge Tax,
Utility Tax,
Vehicle License Registration Tax,
Vehicle Sales Tax,
Watercraft Registration Tax,
Wheel Tax,
Well Permit Tax,
Workers Compensation Tax.

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What happened?  Can you spell 'politicians!'

And I still have to "press 1" for English.

I hope this goes around THE USA at least 100 times

Bet this makes Hillary and Obama proud.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: This Will Make Some Happy But (HOPEFULLY) Most Mad
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 01:49:27 AM »

Let's see...in 1907, there were approximately 70 million people living in the USA, and approximately 280 million today.  Think that might have anything to do with it?  There MIGHT have been 10K autos in 1907, hardly any telephones, virtually no communication networks, few maintained roads, very few utilities available to the common man, little need for record keeping, predominately an agricultural society, so little need for transportation of goods in order to survive and feed families...does anyone REALLY want to go back to 1907?  If so, give up your cars, bikes, tractors, never get divorced, have 10 kids, as 5 of them won't live to see 25 years old, and the rest will be needed to help feed each other, and plow cotton rows, plant corn fields, beans, raise cattle, pigs, vegetables, tobacco, make moonshine, live in three rooms, have candles, use an outhouse, pump water, wash clothes in the creek, take advantage of those who have less by virtual forced labor.

You wanna play, you gotta' pay...

I would also like to remind those who forgot that in 1999, we had a SURPLUS in the treasury...wtf happened to that?

Like Pogo said..."We have seen the enemy, and he is us"...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 07:06:46 AM »

I already know what a "Billion" is. That's my chrome budget on the SEUC. Cheri thinks it's $750.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 07:10:51 AM »

Let's see...in 1907, there were approximately 70 million people living in the USA, and approximately 280 million today.  Think that might have anything to do with it?  There MIGHT have been 10K autos in 1907, hardly any telephones, virtually no communication networks, few maintained roads, very few utilities available to the common man, little need for record keeping, predominately an agricultural society, so little need for transportation of goods in order to survive and feed families...does anyone REALLY want to go back to 1907?  If so, give up your cars, bikes, tractors, never get divorced, have 10 kids, as 5 of them won't live to see 25 years old, and the rest will be needed to help feed each other, and plow cotton rows, plant corn fields, beans, raise cattle, pigs, vegetables, tobacco, make moonshine, live in three rooms, have candles, use an outhouse, pump water, wash clothes in the creek, take advantage of those who have less by virtual forced labor.

I would also like to remind those who forgot that in 1999, we had a SURPLUS in the treasury...wtf happened to that?

Like Pogo said..."We have seen the enemy, and he is us"...

thats the way we do it here in lower alabama. anyone want to trade bike parts for a few chickens?

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 07:24:41 AM »

Around these parts Spottin Steel is a popular job. They spot in the daytime and steal at night.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 09:52:46 AM »

Around these parts Spottin Steel is a popular job. They spot in the daytime and steal at night.

This statement will not set well with some but it's the way I believe.

In the news last week there was a guy that died by electrocution.

He was stealing copper and the lines were hot.

If your going to live like a thief, you better be prepared to die like one!
IMHO

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 09:54:20 AM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »

IMHO

SBB

That's just called thinnin' the gene pool, Chip... :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 10:09:29 AM »

One hundred years ago, the typical citizen didn't expect government at every level to constantly bail them out.  Now if a wind storm knocks a few roofs off houses and businesses, the locals and the state declare a state of emergency and run to Uncle Sam for "disaster" relief funds (isn't this stuff why we pay insurance premiums?).  Businesses no longer locate in certain areas due to natural resource availability, labor availability, etc., but rather they wander around looking for the state or local entity that will offer the largest taxpayer funded "bribes" (tax abatements) to locate their business in that place.  The disadvantaged in the cities want housing, food, transportation, and medical care at taxpayer expense, while yuppie citizens want all the very latest and best amenities and services in their little towns in the suburbs, thus raising the cost of local government to ridiculous levels.  And of course, the big players in all of this (politicians) just love spending someone else's money and can't say no for fear of being thrown out of their cushy job at the next election.

I don't have the answer, but unless and until the citizens wake up and force a radical downsizing of government, we can all look forward to sending more and more of our $$$ to government at all levels.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 10:12:09 AM »

I agree with you Chip on that one. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 10:20:48 AM »

IMHO

SBB

Chip, I seriously doubt that you've heard the last of that one.  Someone will look at that as an opportunity to sue, since we all know it is totally irresponsible for anyone to have energized wiring exposed where someone could "accidently" sever it with a cutting tool and thus electrocute themselves. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 10:35:01 AM »

When you do drug raids on dope houses for a living you learn early the welfare system is completely broken. Do a raid on a guy with $100, 000.00 cash in his basement, $350,000.00 in investments. owns 5 houses, drives a Mercedes, never works a day and receives checks from feds, state and local government because he isn't working / welfare recipient. Drives you crazy. The three kilos of cocaine, at $18,000 per key, he just paid cash for are just icing on the cake.

Then find out his wife is paid welfare for the kids and baby sitting and whatever scheme they can come up with and you simply bang your head in the wall.

Fortunately we got all welfare stopped.  But wait......

Don't forget, we're paying for his attorney.  Oh ya, now that the hubby's in jail, the wife gets her welfare back because the bread winners gone to jail. Don't get me started. This is the rule not an isolated incident. The politians all know this goes on everyday.  :soapbox:

Have a great day, the politicians are taking care of you as we speak.    I need a day off!

JW

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 01:14:32 PM »

One hundred years ago, the typical citizen didn't expect government at every level to constantly bail them out.  Now if a wind storm knocks a few roofs off houses and businesses, the locals and the state declare a state of emergency and run to Uncle Sam for "disaster" relief funds (isn't this stuff why we pay insurance premiums?).  Businesses no longer locate in certain areas due to natural resource availability, labor availability, etc., but rather they wander around looking for the state or local entity that will offer the largest taxpayer funded "bribes" (tax abatements) to locate their business in that place.  The disadvantaged in the cities want housing, food, transportation, and medical care at taxpayer expense, while yuppie citizens want all the very latest and best amenities and services in their little towns in the suburbs, thus raising the cost of local government to ridiculous levels.  And of course, the big players in all of this (politicians) just love spending someone else's money and can't say no for fear of being thrown out of their cushy job at the next election.

I don't have the answer, but unless and until the citizens wake up and force a radical downsizing of government, we can all look forward to sending more and more of our $$$ to government at all levels.

Jerry

Jerry, We had a prime example of this a couple of years ago. As you may recall Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans , (the southeast corner of Louisiana), and a couple weeks later Hurricane Rita hit Lake Charles,(the southwest corner of Louisiana). Months after Katrina, New Orleans residents were still shouting Help! Immediately after Rita, Lake Charles residents were outside with chain saws and trucks, clearing roads, removing trees from homes, helping their neighbors, etc. The Spirit of America has not died, it is just more prevalent in some areas than others.  JJ

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 08:13:37 AM »

When Jamey and I first moved to the US, I did not have a Social Security number, more like a landed immigrant number. That number kept me from being able to be bonded and affected what kind of a job I could find.  Jamey was a new E-3 in the Army and we did not earn enough money to pay rent and buy groceries.  I got a job at Food Lion and did anything they'd trade a dollar for my hours for.  At Christmas time I'd get really mad when people would pull up to the front of the store - they were too good to actually park in the parking lot - in there big rented limousines, waltz in wearing thousands of dollars of diamonds, gold, fur and expensive clothes and pay for lobster and steaks with their food checks. 

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 09:35:07 AM »

I would also like to remind those who forgot that in 1999, we had a SURPLUS in the treasury...wtf happened to that?Like Pogo said..."We have seen the enemy, and he is us"...

NAFTA.........War in Iraq.............Reparations...................SSI, etc.  It's such a cold and dreary day here in the "Mountain State", this morning.  Your post has rekindled my interest and admiration in the writngs of Thomas Jefferson.  One of my "Heroes", I might add.  Think I'll take a break, settle in, and commence to exercise my mind in those "Words of Wisdom."  I'll be back.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2007, 12:02:58 PM »

NAFTA.........War in Iraq.............Reparations...................SSI, etc.  It's such a cold and dreary day here in the "Mountain State", this morning.  Your post has rekindled my interest and admiration in the writngs of Thomas Jefferson.  One of my "Heroes", I might add.  Think I'll take a break, settle in, and commence to exercise my mind in those "Words of Wisdom."  I'll be back.  Later--HUBBARD

When President John F. Kennedy welcomed forty-nine Nobel Prize winners to the White House in 1962 he said, "I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent and of human knowledge that has ever been gathered together at the White House — with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 25 queries.