Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Head Gasket Oil Leak has arrived, Merry Christmas to me!!  (Read 10070 times)

radonc

Head Gasket Oil Leak has arrived, Merry Christmas to me!!
« on: December 22, 2007, 10:17:11 PM »

Well you guys said it would happen. Its not that I didn't believe all of you. I was just trying to stay optimistic. After all, I've ask about it at several dealershipsover over the last few months. I talked to the guys at Young HD in Greensboro and they said, we have not had any problems with the 110's. I talked to the service guys at Curly's in Winston Salem, nope haven't heard of any problems. I talked to Cox HD in Ashboro, have you been reading one of those forums they ask? Don't pay attention to those guys! Talked to Pat Rogers Dealership in Concod. Haven't had a single 110 come back in with any problems they said. Talked to Cross Roads HD in North Wilksboro, stay off those forum sites, theres nothing wrong with the 110 engine they said. If any of the guys I spoke with at the dealerships read the CVO forum take a look at this photo. That brown stuff dripping of the cylinder onto the tranny top cover, that would be OIL!!!  >:( >:( >:(   

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Head Gasket Oil Leak has arrived, Merry Christmas to me!!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 10:21:14 PM »

Well you guys said it would happen. Its not that I didn't believe all of you. I was just trying to stay optimistic. After all, I've ask about it at several dealershipsover over the last few months. I talked to the guys at Young HD in Greensboro and they said, we have not had any problems with the 110's. I talked to the service guys at Curly's in Winston Salem, nope haven't heard of any problems. I talked to Cox HD in Ashboro, have you been reading one of those forums they ask? Don't pay attention to those guys! Talked to Pat Rogers Dealership in Concod. Haven't had a single 110 come back in with any problems they said. Talked to Cross Roads HD in North Wilksboro, stay off those forum sites, theres nothing wrong with the 110 engine they said. If any of the guys I spoke with at the dealerships read the CVO forum take a look at this photo. That brown stuff dripping of the cylinder onto the tranny top cover, that would be OIL!!!  >:( >:( >:(   

Yep, that is oil alright...I emailed pictures of my leak to the GM and the Service Manager of my local dealership - so they could never again tell anyone they had never seen the problem and it only existed on those internet forums...

Sorry you have joined our club...  Now you have do decide what to do about it...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 09:13:26 AM »

First, welcome to the club. You're in good company.

Second, now you've got as much "I told you so" action as you want with each of the aforementioned dealerships.

Merry Christmas to you.

:indian_chief:

fxdsebeloved

• Full CVO Member
  • Four Wheels Move The Body Two Wheels Move The Soul

• CVO1: (Beloved) 2007 FXDSE Silver Rush/Midnight Black
    • alcohaulinasss
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 09:54:10 AM »

That Pic looks very familiar  :nervous: :-\ Not the club I like to be in either...  Funny Ma Harley knows all about it but the dealers are playing dumb :nixweiss:   
Member # 1786
If you live in the past
You will have no future

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 10:01:57 AM »

Yep, that is oil alright...I emailed pictures of my leak to the GM and the Service Manager of my local dealership - so they could never again tell anyone they had never seen the problem and it only existed on those internet forums...

Sorry you have joined our club...  Now you have do decide what to do about it...

Don't ya just love those folks who can stand there with a straight face, give you that sincere fatherly look, and then lie their ass off?  IMHO, any dealership still spouting that "no problems with any 110's" either hasn't actually sold or serviced any, or they sold their entire allocation to collectors who just store the bikes and don't ride them, or they're just lying SOB's.  Of course, they learn this stuff from the MoCo itself, since you can call them direct about widely reported issues and get that same "never heard of that".

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 10:22:12 AM »

Don't ya just love those folks who can stand there with a straight face, give you that sincere fatherly look, and then lie their ass off?  IMHO, any dealership still spouting that "no problems with any 110's" either hasn't actually sold or serviced any, or they sold their entire allocation to collectors who just store the bikes and don't ride them, or they're just lying SOB's.  Of course, they learn this stuff from the MoCo itself, since you can call them direct about widely reported issues and get that same "never heard of that".

Jerry

Jerry,

Don't forget, we're a bunch of whiney babies that don't know squat and just sit at our keyboards and make up lies and spread rumors about isolated incidents making them seem bigger than they are.  ;D

radonc

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 01:32:34 PM »

I did speak to one dealership where someone was honest with me. I want mention who I spoke with since the MOCO doesn't seem to encourage the dealerships to admit that theres is a problem. A guy at Tilly's HD in Statesville said, yes we have had a few come in. HD is having us replace the leaking cylinder. He didn't know of an A or B head gasket. He was aware that the sleeves where apparently slipping. Said they were hoping that it was a bad run of cylinders and that replacing the cylinder would fix the problem. He said that if HD handles it like they have problems in the past they would do a running modification once they come up with a fix but will never admit that there was a problem.

So, what are you guys doing when you have the leak? Just letting them replace the cylinder and hoping for the best? I've read about the mods Hoist has made. Sounds like he has a heck of a hot bike but thats just to much modification for me. I don't mind having a problem, anything mechanical can break. Its having the work done knowing that the problem will likely come back thats so frustrating. I'm even tempted to wait as long as the leak is no worse than it is to see if a perminant fix comes out. I don't want to have to have the bike broken down anymore times than necessary.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 01:39:07 PM »

Maybe the MoCo will wish us all a Merry Christmas / Happy New Year by addressing and fixing the head gasket / cylinder liner issues. Now that would be a very Merry Christmas for all 110 owners!
 ;D
JW

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 02:07:25 PM »

So, what are you guys doing when you have the leak? Just letting them replace the cylinder and hoping for the best? I've read about the mods Hoist has made. Sounds like he has a heck of a hot bike but thats just to much modification for me. I don't mind having a problem, anything mechanical can break. Its having the work done knowing that the problem will likely come back thats so frustrating. I'm even tempted to wait as long as the leak is no worse than it is to see if a perminant fix comes out. I don't want to have to have the bike broken down anymore times than necessary.

Yours is bad enough, meaning oil is actually dripping, that it warrants at least getting the 07A gaskets. You may even get in on the experimental gaskets we've heard about.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 02:52:25 PM »

You may even get in on the experimental gaskets we've heard about.

These would be the gaskets so strong that by themselves they can hold cylinder liners in place and add 20% torque to not just the bike they're installed in but the bike parked next to them.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 03:06:43 PM »

These would be the gaskets so strong that by themselves they can hold cylinder liners in place and add 20% torque to not just the bike they're installed in but the bike parked next to them.
Yes, those are the ones.  ;D

« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 08:45:50 PM by Chief »

Copper/Black Cvo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Screaming Eagle Road King
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 07:24:14 PM »

How many miles did u have on the bike when the oil leak happened ?????

Sorry to hear it.....
2008 Screaming Eagle Road King

radonc

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 09:47:05 PM »

Just over 8,000 miles. I am meticulous when it comes to cleaning my bike though. I put it on a lift and spray it down with Honda cleaner and then hand wash it after every long ride. Its very possible that the leak has been there a while and I just didn't see it. After so much info on this site about the leaks I had just recently started looking at the head gasket closely after every ride.

Copper/Black Cvo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Screaming Eagle Road King
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 09:59:46 PM »

Sorry again to hear of your oil leak.....

2008 Screaming Eagle Road King

radonc

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 10:14:20 PM »

Thanks for the condolences. Its frustrating but I still love the bike. By the way that copper color on you SERK is really beautiful. Much better color than the standard copper color on the anniversary bikes. If I had bought a non CVO anniversary bike and then seen color on one of the CVO anniversary bikes I be pissed. Looks like they took your paint and watered it way down. Sharp bike!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 20 queries.