Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: how many cherry red 2005s  (Read 5717 times)

fastboatnut

• Full CVO Member
how many cherry red 2005s
« on: January 04, 2008, 03:36:55 PM »

just wondering if any one knows how many 2005 cherry reds were produced??

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
Re: how many cherry red 2005s
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 03:39:34 PM »

well..

you got one, i got one...
thats at least 2    :huepfenlol2:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 03:42:42 PM »

BandannaGirl and I have one each as does her husband ISellBulls, so that makes the list up to 5.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 03:54:28 PM by Mrs.WeCVO »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 03:51:30 PM »

The MoCo knows: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=17360.0

Another member has asked for the '05 breakdown, but has not yet received a response.  Hopefully, they have not backed away from providing this information. :nixweiss:

IRyde

• Chrome!! Zippin' by on an Electra Glide... Dual Tail Pipes... Doin' 105... In The Broad Daylight... On a Two Lane... Headin' Outta Town!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 04:27:46 PM »

I called MoCo's customer service when I bought my bike.  They stated that the TRUE numbers were not yet in due to them still producing but were kind evnough to give me close estimates.  It was like 1800 green ones, 1500 red ones and 500 yellow ones.  They will also will give you the # differences of domestic and international.  While I was on the phone with them I asked about my '04 FXDL.  Found out that my FXDL had only 84 of that color and 1 international.  That makes my FXDL more rare than my CVO.   :-\

I am not sure if they still answer those questions but for me they were happy to do so.  You could try.

IRyde

• Chrome!! Zippin' by on an Electra Glide... Dual Tail Pipes... Doin' 105... In The Broad Daylight... On a Two Lane... Headin' Outta Town!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 07:54:53 PM »

Oh.... Man......  my deepest apologies to the folks who own Cherry Bombs, Jalapenos and Bananas. 
Blame it on my newbie status.  I will go back to FAQ and learn the proper etiquette.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 07:49:19 PM »

I will go back to FAQ and learn the proper etiquette.

Why?

Welcome to the site. Your shot of the bike looks like it was taken at the same location HD did the brochure photo shoot. At first I thought it was from the brochure until I saw the wheel and tire.

You now have o post better pictures of the mods  :2vrolijk_21:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 12:23:54 AM »

BandannaGirl and I have one each as does her husband ISellBulls, so that makes the list up to 5.

That got me wondering just how many of us there are Candy.  Grabbed a pen and jotted down names and thought of about 20 of us here with red bikes.  Got to be some I didn't think of also.  Did not count those that had moved on to other bikes but used to have a red SEEG either.  That's a good representation for red bikes :2vrolijk_21: .

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 12:39:52 AM »

Just in the SF bay area I know of at least 7, They are pretty popular in these parts.. :cherry:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 12:44:00 AM »

Just in the SF bay area I know of at least 7, They are pretty popular in these parts.. :cherry:

Was just thinking about just that Jim.  The thread discussing Jon's new purchase had me on your area.  Quickly thought of yours, Ernie's, Don's and BG's pair and Jon's/Tony's but knew had seen pictured or heard mentioned a few others as well.

One of my favorite pictures is one Scot posted a year or so ago.  He pulled in to the parking lot of a dealership somewhere in Colorado not long after having gotten his red bike.  As I remember the story there wasn't any special event going on at the shop that day either.  But lo and behold he pulls in proudly on his special, unique, new-to-him cherry SEEG only to find four of five of them parked side by side in the parking lot. :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 04:16:49 PM by Twolanerider »

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 12:48:48 AM »

There does seem to be cherry SEEG's everywhere you go ............

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 12:54:34 AM »

There does seem to be cherry SEEG's everywhere you go ............

Pulled in to a rally parking lot during the time the SEEGs were just at the end of their production.  Saw lots more of them then.  Within line of sight were five in this sea of hundreds of bikes. 

Just as I'm climbing off mine a guy pulls in on another.  Stops close, looks over and just starts ranting and raving (apparently to no one in particular).

After I was comfortable he wasn't just off his meds, and after he'd wound down a bit, I asked "hey bud, what's the problem, need a hand?"

He'd picked his up the day before.  First ride was to this rally.  About three hundred miles from home for him.  His dealer had "promised" him his bike was special, unique, he'd almost never see another one like it; and first day out he's staring at a half dozen all parked in one place.  He really didn't see the humor in it that I did.....  ::)

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 01:04:03 AM »

Pulled in to a rally parking lot during the time the SEEGs were just at the end of their production.  Saw lots more of them then.  Within line of sight were five in this sea of hundreds of bikes. 

Just as I'm climbing off mine a guy pulls in on another.  Stops close, looks over and just starts ranting and raving (apparently to no one in particular).

After I was comfortable he wasn't just off his meds, and after he'd wound down a bit, I asked "hey bud, what's the problem, need a hand?"

He'd picked his up the day before.  First ride was to this rally.  About three hundred miles from home for him.  His dealer had "promised" him his bike was special, unique, he'd almost never see another one like it; and first day out he's staring at a half dozen all parked in one place.  He really didn't see the humor in it that I did.....  ::)

So what you are saying is his dealer had given him incorrect information.  I've not heard of that before have you ::)
West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 03:09:26 AM »

The feeling of uniqueness issue once the bubble is burst - have seen before. 
We felt it a bit with our 95th anni road king.  Went to York open house in 1998.  Everywhere you looked in the parking lot of thousands was a sea of the midnight rose and champagne pearl colored bikes.  Every year since, we see less and less of that color.  Now, hardly ever see that color.  Where do all the bikes go? 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 08:13:29 AM »

Kinda like rabbits........there everywhere! :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 25 queries.