Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Homeland Security to Unveil New Driver's License Rules  (Read 2913 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: Homeland Security to Unveil New Driver's License Rules
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 07:37:09 AM »

The new driver's licenses are for anyone born after 12/1/64.  I guess anyone older than 43 is no longer a threat.....  You can hide a lot of C4 in a Lark or a walker.  And they can be just as passionate about a cause as a Jihadist, just see this thread.....    http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=19520.0
You are so funny.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 11:33:22 AM »

With an EasyPass, you can get speeding tickets by getting from toll to toll to quickly. They don't know who's driving, so it goes against the tag. But you're still paying! :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Howie, that specific issue came up when NY went with EZpass and it was specifically denied that it would be used for that.
And it is a good thing.
Before we had the high speed lanes I would occasionally check my tolls for times. The transcript showed on many occasions that I traveled form the Raritan River toll to the Asbury Park toll (Garden State Parkway)in under 12 MINUTES, a distance of 22 miles.
Several occasions I traveled it in 10 minutes or less and my record is just a few seconds over 7 minute.

At 7 minutes my speed would have been an average of 189 mph. I think it still needs some work.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 12:07:18 PM »

I think I am for a federal license  :nixweiss:, if it helps keeping terrorist out. But history has proven so many times that we will continue to allow ourselves to be targets. Correct me if I am wrong, but we allowed, naming just a few:

The attack on Pearl Harbor, we had radar and we had reports of incoming traffic. I believe the warnings were ignored in support of declaring war.

1983 Beirut barracks bombing, what ever happened to stop or I'll shoot, as a country we can never forgive ourselves for the loss of so many soldiers.

USS Cole, this is still unbelievable to me and the Captain of that ship was never held accountable. That ship was in a 3rd world country that was known to harbor terrorist, and received threats less then 3 weeks prior to the attack. Stop or I'll shoot

We have consistently underestimated our opponents, Viet Nam, yeah let’s go in and kick some ass; we can never underestimate an indigent population who have nothing to lose. With all our modern tools, they still outfought us, with shear numbers and determination. And, they didn’t have rules of engagement, as do most of our enemies.
And, just after the conflict got serious our government decided to equip our boys with inferior firepower! M1's, M14's replaced with the M16, H'mm lets take a proven battle rifle and replace it with a lightweight (good idea) rifle with an ineffective round with 1/3 the effective range (bad idea)

Panama? The initial SEAL force was spotted and never warned, and the initial operation was loaded with problems, a top SEAL officer who had spent years in Panama, had his plan rejected in favor of one that got some of our finest soldiers killed and wounded.

What about Somalia, of Blackhawk Down fame? And did our government not desert those poor souls who were dropped into that quagmire?

Did we underestimate just how bad the desert playing field can be when we attempted to rescue the Iranian hostages?

We have the finest fighting force in the world, but our ignorance and unwillingness will continue to put them in harm.
H'mmm, HumVee's without proper armour come to mind here.

And it is the same people responsible for the Fed License that have kept up the tradition of sending our military out without proper equipment or rules.
I suppose I could go on …………. But I will leave out our greatest travesty, 9/11.

Don't take this the wrong way, I am 100% behind our military, I just wish the powers that be would properly train and support them.

Back to federal licensing.
Currently the TSA is requiring a federal ID card, Transportation Workers Identification Card, aka a TWIC card. This card will eventually be required by anyone who deals with transportation.
The initial roll out has been delayed multiple times (surprise) and is just now affecting me. The roll out, in stages affect the people involved with “water”.

We are just starting now to do this, and we are into month 10 of a 18 month roll out!

Next Tuesday I go for my biometric ID’ing, but my buddy, who is in charge of all of the de-icing operations at Continentals HUB at Newark Airport knows nothing about the TWIC!

erghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My rant for the day.

MV 2013

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 12:25:03 PM »

Great post Porthole and I would please like to add the USS Roberts incident to your list. I would strongly agree with the notion that it is our will as Americans not our ability that has gotten us into trouble. While there are the obvious drawbacks to allowing the people that work for our country's government (I have issue with the blanket term government due to its propensity to remove accountability from our friends and neighbors who staff these positions) the ability to inventory us with a program such as the new drivers license proposal. We have to try something to exercise our sovereign rights. We are the ONLY country in the world that allows these type of immigration violations to the magnitude that we are experiencing. Ever wonder why the Mexican government guards their southern border with a vengeance but ignores their northern border??

I am the farthest thing from an isolationist. But I do however believe that as long as our globe maintains its current divisions ie. ethnic, geographic and religious etc. we have the need to have laws to keep the order. I'm thinking the new license might be worth a shot even though I'm aware ther is the slippery slope possibilities. Just my .02  :soapbox:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 12:28:01 PM »

Howie, well said and congratulations on becoming a Senior CVO member with that post.  How was your birthday?   :jack:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2008, 12:48:51 PM »

We are not alone, that is for sure.

I just had my daughter, her English fiance and his parents over for the holidays.

Did you know, in England, the English cannot fly the English Flag now! Because it might be objective to some 3rd world religious fanatic group!

Can't fly their own flag, come on.

MV 2013

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 12:52:12 PM »

We are not alone, that is for sure.

I just had my daughter, her English fiance and his parents over for the holidays.

Did you know, in England, the English cannot fly the English Flag now! Because it might be objective to some 3rd world religious fanatic group!

Can't fly their own flag, come on.
:furious2: :furious2: :furious2: :furious2: :furious2:  You kidden me?  Maybe it has something to do with British Colonialism but come on folks that was 100 years ago!
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008, 12:57:08 PM »

Howie, well said and congratulations on becoming a Senior CVO member with that post.  How was your birthday?   :jack:
Great B'day thanks Jim!  :2vrolijk_21: Ya know the great thing about a Friday or Saturday B'day is that I can stretch the party over the course of the entire weekend. Hence.... let the games begin!!!!!  :drink:  :drink: Sorry about the  :jack:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2008, 01:01:37 PM »

The UK

Northern Ireland
Scotland
Wales
England
Along with a plethora of territories.

The first 3 get to fly their flag yet. All the other nationalities in the UK get to fly their flag
Englanders, in England, cannot fly the the flag.

The St George Cross I guess would more like our State flag. The "Union Flag is the official flag and the cross must be flown in connection with the Union flag. Kind of like our national ensign and our state flags.

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008, 01:13:44 PM »

add the USS Roberts incident to your list. I

And the USS Stark ..............

But, I believe the captain of the USS Vincennes did the right, stop or I'll shoot, and he did.

The rumors that the VIncennes ID'd the 300 Airbus as a F-14 Tomcat (that we sold to Iran) is ridiculous.
They were on a course that posed a threat to one of our finest warships. The fact that the Iranians chose to put woman and children in harms way (has anything really changed) has nothing to do with the threat of losing one of our ships.

Obviously, as with 9/11, you can't trust passenger airliners anymore.

MV 2013

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2008, 02:04:32 PM »

And the USS Stark ..............

But, I believe the captain of the USS Vincennes did the right, stop or I'll shoot, and he did.

The rumors that the VIncennes ID'd the 300 Airbus as a F-14 Tomcat (that we sold to Iran) is ridiculous.
They were on a course that posed a threat to one of our finest warships. The fact that the Iranians chose to put woman and children in harms way (has anything really changed) has nothing to do with the threat of losing one of our ships.

Obviously, as with 9/11, you can't trust passenger airliners anymore.
I think I owe you a beer!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 20 queries.