Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Compare  (Read 1014 times)

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
Compare
« on: January 15, 2008, 10:03:19 AM »

Something of a comparison (Bias)? However for your reading enjoyment!

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=5767&Page=1

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Compare
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 10:18:11 AM »

I've noticed that Victory's stocks do o.k. but for whatever reason, the Victory bike just doesn't grab me.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 10:30:29 AM »

Was never a fan since their introduction. I saw them in Sturgis that year. I like a single crank pin flywheel engine, not a crankshaft engine. First thing I saw when I looked at the bike, was the offset cylinders, indicating a crankshaft. They just don't feel or sound the same. Might as well be a Jap bike. I just love this old school style air-cooled V-Twin of ours. Plenty can argue the merits of other engine designs. And from an engineering standpoint I can't really argue with them either. But I like what I like. And I don't like their bagger at all! :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 10:42:00 AM »

Yeah, not a fan especially the bagger. That thing looks more "Rune" than American!!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 11:14:15 AM »

I do like looks of the two Victory "Ness" bikes.  Corey and Arlen came up with a couple of nice looking rides for Victory.  But as far as the bagger goes.  I'm just not into riding something that looks like it came out of the Alien movie.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

RedBone

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE Copper Canyon
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 10:59:36 PM »

That thing is can we say fuggly looks like a vespa on steroids

SEEG Geezer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 11:05:13 PM »

that is one ugly bike...........

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 11:20:34 PM »

that is one ugly bike...........
:shocked2:   :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 10:56:29 AM »

I used to sell electronics and as a sales person I memorized all the stats.  Then we lived for 8 years in Europe, but bought American autos.  We had to make selections by reading about them only, never got to test drive them, touch and feel like we can here.  When I read about the Victory bagger, I wanted to really see, touch and feel one. Really want to see what the seat height is like.  Have been to the store around the corner and their Arlen Ness bikes are very nice to look at.  Very beefy looking and feeling.  Still have not seen the bagger up close and personal like.  I'm not for or against it, just curious. Will not be trading my bike in anyway, so it is a casual curiosity. Would love if you (any you) buy it and let me take it for a ride. 

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 11:46:47 AM »

Wouldn't want one...rode one and it just isn't the same, no soul. REally doesn't have the look a Harley has...
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 11:00:01 AM »

I used to sell electronics and as a sales person I memorized all the stats.  Then we lived for 8 years in Europe, but bought American autos.  We had to make selections by reading about them only, never got to test drive them, touch and feel like we can here.  When I read about the Victory bagger, I wanted to really see, touch and feel one. Really want to see what the seat height is like.  Have been to the store around the corner and their Arlen Ness bikes are very nice to look at.  Very beefy looking and feeling.  Still have not seen the bagger up close and personal like.  I'm not for or against it, just curious. Will not be trading my bike in anyway, so it is a casual curiosity. Would love if you (any you) buy it and let me take it for a ride. 
Candy,
Don't be expecting me to buy one of those fugly looking Visions anytime soon.  :D
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 20 queries.