Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: D&D Fatcat - dealer/distributor  (Read 14264 times)

Rockdon

Re: D&D Fatcat - dealer/distributor
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2008, 12:28:37 AM »

Ordered 1  ( which is a pair)  thanks.. freight costs 2 times as much as the gaskets!!

Thanks for the fast and accurate info..

Rockdon

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2008, 06:48:01 PM »

Scott,

Pinkie and I were at the IMS today here in Atlanta. We went by to chat with Denis Manning since he and Pinkie share the same last name. We had chatted with him last year, so we were already "old friends".

Denis and I talked about the new Bub 7's. They are really nice looking and he says perform better across the board than the Rineharts I'm currently running. I asked him about the crossover and he said "yea, we found out you make more power with it." We also talked 2-1 because I told him I was thinking about making the switch. His suggestion was to go with the 7's. He said their 2-1 will make more peak power, but said as a general statement, the 7's will be better on a bagger. The chrome endcaps are also better than the black ones.

Of course this doesn't mean didley concerning the Fatcats, but only applies to their offering.

:indian_chief:

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2008, 06:59:48 PM »

Scott,

Pinkie and I were at the IMS today here in Atlanta. We went by to chat with Denis Manning since he and Pinkie share the same last name. We had chatted with him last year, so we were already "old friends".

Denis and I talked about the new Bub 7's. They are really nice looking and he says perform better across the board than the Rineharts I'm currently running. I asked him about the crossover and he said "yea, we found out you make more power with it." We also talked 2-1 because I told him I was thinking about making the switch. His suggestion was to go with the 7's. He said their 2-1 will make more peak power, but said as a general statement, the 7's will be better on a bagger. The chrome endcaps are also better than the black ones.

Of course this doesn't mean didley concerning the Fatcats, but only applies to their offering.

That's interesting...  You have to wonder about Bub's competing directly with Rinehart, given that Rinehart Tru Duals are Bub's biggest seller.  I have heard the Bub's 7 are "EPA" friendlier - 5 or so decibel quieter...

It's likely is either regulatory compliance or money....

Thanks for asking about the 2 into 1's for me...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2008, 07:05:08 PM »

That's interesting...  You have to wonder about Bub's competing directly with Rinehart, given that Rinehart Tru Duals are Bub's biggest seller.  I have heard the Bub's 7 are "EPA" friendlier - 5 or so decibel quieter...

It's likely is either regulatory compliance or money....

Thanks for asking about the 2 into 1's for me...

I asked him about that, the Rinehart competiton thing. He said they came out with the 7's to keep raising the bar. They are several dBs quieter which will please many people too. If they rob some Rinehart customers, I guess that's still a win for them.

I believe once you convince yourself to accept the single sided look then nothing but a 2-1 will suffice. I'm sure you'll dig it. I was also heading that way, but Pinkie said she likes the twin pipe look and she says I don't need anything to make the bike go faster. It seems as I have yet more work to do. I thought I had her.  :nixweiss:

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2008, 10:46:33 PM »

I asked him about that, the Rinehart competiton thing. He said they came out with the 7's to keep raising the bar. They are several dBs quieter which will please many people too. If they rob some Rinehart customers, I guess that's still a win for them.

I believe once you convince yourself to accept the single sided look then nothing but a 2-1 will suffice. I'm sure you'll dig it. I was also heading that way, but Pinkie said she likes the twin pipe look and she says I don't need anything to make the bike go faster. It seems as I have yet more work to do. I thought I had her.  :nixweiss:

With the ghost pipe the twin pipe look is still there.  And I don't give a hoot about making the bike go faster.  I just like that the D&Ds put lots of torque way down low where I can really use it.  But it is all a matter of what you like and what you want when all is said and done.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2008, 09:26:08 AM »

With the ghost pipe the twin pipe look is still there.  And I don't give a hoot about making the bike go faster.  I just like that the D&Ds put lots of torque way down low where I can really use it.  But it is all a matter of what you like and what you want when all is said and done.

In short, I want it all. I am real interested in seeing the difference between the Rineharts and 7's back to back. I'm going to be contacting Bub tomorrow to see if they have that information available. With the addition of the cross-over, the low-end, should be improved, which is a soft spot for the Rineharts. Getting rid of the fading black caps would be a real plus too.  :2vrolijk_21:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2008, 10:00:36 AM »

In short, I want it all. I am real interested in seeing the difference between the Rineharts and 7's back to back. I'm going to be contacting Bub tomorrow to see if they have that information available. With the addition of the cross-over, the low-end, should be improved, which is a soft spot for the Rineharts. Getting rid of the fading black caps would be a real plus too.  :2vrolijk_21:

I have to be honest, I love the RH's, but it's mostly the look.  But on long days running 75-85 mph, my ears ring a bit, even with the full face on.

I'll have to hold out until I do some mods to the engine though, as new pipes, another tune, then doing yet another tune if/when I do the motor just doesn't make any sense.  The mod budget is wiped out for the immediate future, so I'm just going to ride it and get some custom ear plugs made.

I will keep my eyes on the 7's though, and see what some of the results are.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2008, 10:10:43 AM »

I almost went with the 7's on the new bike.  I called and talked to BUB and for what I wanted, they recommend the 7's with the crossover over the Rineharts.  I had already ordered the Rineharts the day I bought the bike and called the dealer to see if I could switch.  The dealer talked me out of the 7's because they had been having bracket and fitment/finish issues with them.  I spoke with BUB about the issue at the show and they said they had some bracket issues early on but they had been resolved.

Bob
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2008, 10:20:20 AM »

I have to be honest, I love the RH's, but it's mostly the look.  But on long days running 75-85 mph, my ears ring a bit, even with the full face on.

I'll have to hold out until I do some mods to the engine though, as new pipes, another tune, then doing yet another tune if/when I do the motor just doesn't make any sense.  The mod budget is wiped out for the immediate future, so I'm just going to ride it and get some custom ear plugs made.

I will keep my eyes on the 7's though, and see what some of the results are.

I too love the look and also the sound. I just wish there just wasn't as much of it for long days of riding also.

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2008, 10:21:58 AM »

I really don't understand all these quality, fitment issues with BUB/Rinehart exhaust.  Seems like the same problem over and over.  Makes me wonder about the management there.  Unless you feel you really have to have these pipes and will put up with the quality issues, buy D&D and save yourself a lot of aggravation.  Been there, done that. JMHO
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2008, 10:22:26 AM »

I almost went with the 7's on the new bike.  I called and talked to BUB and for what I wanted, they recommend the 7's with the crossover over the Rineharts.  I had already ordered the Rineharts the day I bought the bike and called the dealer to see if I could switch.  The dealer talked me out of the 7's because they had been having bracket and fitment/finish issues with them.  I spoke with BUB about the issue at the show and they said they had some bracket issues early on but they had been resolved.

Bob

I have to say, the new attachment they're using at the rear of the pipe, is SO much better looking than the Rinehart. Gone is the crimped nut channel, replaced by two threaded posts. It is much cleaner looking from the rear. :2vrolijk_21:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2008, 10:30:44 AM »

I really don't understand all these quality, fitment issues with BUB/Rinehart exhaust.  Seems like the same problem over and over.  Makes me wonder about the management there.  Unless you feel you really have to have these pipes and will put up with the quality issues, buy D&D and save yourself a lot of aggravation.  Been there, done that. JMHO

Last year I sought out Denis at the show to bend his ear about the fitment issues, brake pedal and O2 bung, of the Rineharts. I had been talking with their Warranty person for about a month at that time. He knew who I was and was aware of the issue. He listened and told me they were addressing the problems. They did. I don't hear anyone complaining about the Rineharts hitting the brake lever anymore, nor have I heard of problems with the front O2 sensor anymore. I haven't gotten my hands on one of the new pipes, but it has been a very quiet subject in the last 6 months or so.

I hadn't heard about the issues with the new 7's, but then I wasn't shopping for them either. But, if there was a problem, from pst experience I would feel confident that they would adddress them. I have to applaud them for being great on warranty issues. I have had terrible results with Samson and have heard horror stories about V&H.

For me, good customer service goes a very long way in earning my patronage.

This year, their warranty rep, Linnea, was at the show. I introduced myself to her and she remembered our conversations from last year. Getting to meet the people you speak with on the phone is a rare occurence these days. I've got a call to make to them tomorrow on a subject that I hope will benefit some of us here. As they say, stay tuned.  ;D

« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 10:34:39 AM by Chief »

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2008, 10:44:32 AM »

Last year I sought out Denis at the show to bend his ear about the fitment issues, brake pedal and O2 bung, of the Rineharts. I had been talking with their Warranty person for about a month at that time. He knew who I was and was aware of the issue. He listened and told me they were addressing the problems. They did. I don't hear anyone complaining about the Rineharts hitting the brake lever anymore, nor have I heard of problems with the front O2 sensor anymore. I haven't gotten my hands on one of the new pipes, but it has been a very quiet subject in the last 6 months or so.

I hadn't heard about the issues with the new 7's, but then I wasn't shopping for them either. But, if there was a problem, from pst experience I would feel confident that they would adddress them. I have to applaud them for being great on warranty issues. I have had terrible results with Samson and have heard horror stories about V&H.

For me, good customer service goes a very long way in earning my patronage.

This year, their warranty rep, Linnea, was at the show. I introduced myself to her and she remembered our conversations from last year. Getting to meet the people you speak with on the phone is a rare occurence these days. I've got a call to make to them tomorrow on a subject that I hope will benefit some of us here. As they say, stay tuned.  ;D

Chuck, Linnea is who we were speaking with Friday night, she confirmed the early bracket issues on the 7's and said they had been resolved.  On the Rinehart rear headpipe bracket issues, she said they'd cover them forever, regardless of how old the pipes were.  She said all anyone had to to was call with the problem and they'd ship them a new rear headpipe, no questions asked.

Bob
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2008, 10:49:25 AM »

Chuck, Linnea is who we were speaking with Friday night, she confirmed the early bracket issues on the 7's and said they had been resolved.  On the Rinehart rear headpipe bracket issues, she said they'd cover them forever, regardless of how old the pipes were.  She said all anyone had to to was call with the problem and they'd ship them a new rear headpipe, no questions asked.

Bob

You don't find service like that everyday.  :2vrolijk_21:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2008, 11:03:50 AM »

You don't find service like that everyday.  :2vrolijk_21:

You got that right, Chuck.  I'll go out of my way to do business with folks when they stand behind their products like that.  I've heard horror stories about V&H as well, but fortunately, no problems with the 2/1 I have on the V, and it was a new design at the time.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 24 queries.