Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Must haves on a trip  (Read 7546 times)

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
Must haves on a trip
« on: April 07, 2005, 02:38:07 PM »

Hey guys I am always looking for ways to improve my riding experiences and the most important way is keeping downtime to a minimum, so I would appreciate others input to help me add some weight to my saddlebags. What are you taking with you besides clothes and a bottle of boones farm apple wine for a successful trip. Obviously what I am lookin' for are those compact type novolties. I personnally carry a windzone tool kit & a little pocket screwdriver thing with 32,000 little tips, a tire repair kit and a hugh air compressor (that I am lookin' for a replacement for) and a little plastic bottle of nuts and bolts. Pictures are always helpful!!! [smiley=beerchug.gif]
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

mfgreen

Re: Must haves on a trip
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 02:52:41 PM »

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 03:01:27 PM »

Oh yeah can't forget I never go anywhere without the sun block for my neck, I do not want to be a RED neck!! [smiley=confused5.gif]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 11:35:54 AM by the_ofender »
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 03:13:51 PM »

USC
BlackBerry and cigarette lighter cord
Kimber .45
And my ol buddy JD to keep us company while we wait for the tow  [smiley=laugh.gif]

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 03:16:55 PM »

I always keep my elec.vest,windzone tool kit,fix a flat in a can,co2 air inflator kit. my girls bought me a small first aid kit for the bike also. something to drink,warm gloves,cell phone,plexus cleaner, a clean rag. i think everyone should get the windzone tool kit.it has almost everything you can think of and more in a small roll up kit- ride safe

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 05:44:45 PM »

Besides the obvious clothing items; spare key, maps, emergency contact and insurance cards, $$, flashlight (mini mag w/ new batteries), swiss army knife, chap stick, aloe, bailing wire, duct & elec. tape, insulated wire, towel/rags, rain gear, aspirin, tums, small roll of t.p., towelettes  [smiley=laugh.gif], bungees & bungee net, goggles, spare shades, disk lock, cable lock, tunes, and if there's room; qt. of oil. And, if need be, a helmet. $$

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 06:20:47 PM »

Besides the obvious clothing items; spare key, maps, emergency contact and insurance cards, $$, flashlight (mini mag w/ new batteries), swiss army knife, chap stick, aloe, bailing wire, duct & elec. tape, insulated wire, towel/rags, rain gear, aspirin, tums, small roll of t.p., towelettes
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 06:21:29 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 06:27:40 PM »

I'm ridin with Screamin from now on.............that way I will not have to bring anything. [smiley=laugh.gif]

Actually, there's two things I've not saw posted yet, that I take.
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 06:32:01 PM »

I've heard of a 'pump-up misses, but never a pump-up mister......although, I just never thought about it before.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 06:37:15 PM »

I take...a small, hard sided ice chest in my tour pack ...and my pump up mister that I put the bottle under my net and the hose and valve reach all the way up front.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 06:38:05 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

shovelhead71

• Senior CVO Member
  • its a way of life
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 06:43:50 PM »

i keep little airline liquor bottles and fill them with Crown Royal - keep them in the crown royal bag - a police style first aid kit with fast display instructions - my ext'd warranty card (don;t need it now with the new CVO YELLOW) a good credit card - my harley book of dealers - digital trustworthy air pressure gauge - plastic coated current map - and ride like the wind - don;t give a crap about the rest of it - don;t need it and if I did I would stop at a wal mart - don;t forget my good packet of Cd's of bluegrass - get tired of talking to myself - I am boring  

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2005, 07:22:30 PM »

One item I haven't seen mentioned that I always keep in the tool roll is a spare plug. (yea, i know, why just one?...  well, when was the last time you fouled out both plugs?).  

And I always keep a bottle of water in the bag...  I don't need it often and it always tastes stale, but when you need it, it's the sweetest stuff around!
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 09:35:12 PM »

I too carry a windzone,spare bulbs, spare throttle cable and most importantly try not to leave home w/o my wife on her Road King.  I've had some great times riding with the guys but having the wife along is hard to beat.  Who else would suggest a hotel with room service after 12 hours on the road and then order dinner while I relax?  Who else would bring me a warm wash rag as soon as we get unloaded so that I can wipe the road grime from my face?  Who else would offer to take off my boots?  I'm spoiled and I like it.  And, she's a whole lot more fun to sleep with than my other riding friends. [smiley=smitten.gif]

`Dan
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2005, 05:28:32 AM »

I too carry a windzone,spare bulbs, spare throttle cable and most importantly try not to leave home w/o my wife on her Road King.

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2005, 12:30:47 PM »

tampons.

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 20 queries.