Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Rinehart Quiet Baffels  (Read 8048 times)

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
Rinehart Quiet Baffels
« on: January 28, 2008, 11:30:59 PM »

I heard that Rinehart or Bub's recently released a quiet baffle (a third generation) for the True Duals. I understand the exhaust note is no louder then a set of Screaming Eagles and performance is effected slightly on top end RPM's, but improvements are noted in low end RPM's. I check with a local dealer and they found a new baffle and part number listing, and cost $109.00. I'm considering a set, since i found my first gray hair, the first sign of getting old and tired of loud noises. Does anyone have suggestions or experience with these new baffles?  Don't want to throw good money away.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: Rinehart Quiet Baffels
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:09:45 AM »

I heard that Rinehart or Bub's recently released a quiet baffle (a third generation) for the True Duals. I understand the exhaust note is no louder then a set of Screaming Eagles and performance is effected slightly on top end RPM's, but improvements are noted in low end RPM's. I check with a local dealer and they found a new baffle and part number listing, and cost $109.00. I'm considering a set, since i found my first gray hair, the first sign of getting old and tired of loud noises. Does anyone have suggestions or experience with these new baffles?  Don't want to throw good money away.

Don't let your grey hair fool you sportygordy, I have more than one and  :love_1: my RHTD's!! Save your money don't neuter the RH's.  :nixweiss:  :huepfenlol2:

Howie

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 10:20:23 AM »

Howie,

O.K. i give,, I just bought the Beethoven's 5th Symphony CD and I can't hear the symbols. Thought maybe the quite baffles would help. Emm' maybe I'm loosing a bit of hearing too.. damn gray hairs....

JWKHD1

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 10:54:10 AM »

Do you know the part #. Is this baffle for the newer style mufflers? thanks,Wayne

2005 Road Glide  htcc 103

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 11:20:29 AM »

If you have gray hairs growing out of you're ears you are OLD.
kb

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 11:21:14 AM »

You mentioned a new part number and third generation...hopefully, it's a new one, as from what I've read, the one they've been offering is not significantly different than the 2.25 baffle that comes with the muffs.  The "quiet" was a 2".  Hopefully, they've done something different.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 04:09:45 PM »

You mentioned a new part number and third generation...hopefully, it's a new one, as from what I've read, the one they've been offering is not significantly different than the 2.25 baffle that comes with the muffs.  The "quiet" was a 2".  Hopefully, they've done something different.

My understanding, the new baffle is significantly quieter over the Rinehart True Duals that are being shipped today. The True Duals being shipped today have  a second generation baffle then the original True Duals.  The new quieter baffle I'm told of would be a third generation. I sent Bub's an email today to clear this up. I'll post what they tell me. 

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 05:37:07 PM »

Save your money!  I've bought ALL the replacement baffles that Bubs offers for the Rinehart true duals.  The "quiet" baffles are not quiet.  No way as quite as Scremin Eagle performance mufflers!  There is a slight difference in tone (more of a tinny sound) but, THEY ARE NOT QUITE.  In fact I ended up taking them out and putting the original baffles back in.  I also tried a set of the performance baffles.  Took them out too!

Wanna buy a set of baffles???   8)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 05:39:29 PM by 07hd110 »

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 11:39:22 PM »

Save your money!  I've bought ALL the replacement baffles that Bubs offers for the Rinehart true duals.  The "quiet" baffles are not quiet.  No way as quite as Scremin Eagle performance mufflers!  There is a slight difference in tone (more of a tinny sound) but, THEY ARE NOT QUITE.  In fact I ended up taking them out and putting the original baffles back in.  I also tried a set of the performance baffles.  Took them out too!

Wanna buy a set of baffles???   8)

O.K. - Thats what I'm trying to find out. I'll save my monty,, thanks. Bub's has not answred my emai yet, I'll post what they tell me.. thanks for your input...

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 10:52:55 AM »

Here is Bubs reply. There are three generations of the baffels and I will take the word of the board that the new quite version is not worth the try.. Thanks for your help all.

Sporty,

There are 2 different designs of baffles for the Rinehart True Duals. The original True Duals (1800-0106) came standard with a 2¼” baffle, there is a 2½” Performance baffle and also a 2” Quiet baffle.

The newer style of Rinehart True Duals (1800-0242 & 1800-0434) are shipped with a standard 2¼” baffle and there are also available Quiet and Performance baffles. All of the baffles for the new style Rinehart True Duals measure 2¼”.

Bub has introduced the new BUB 7 Series line of exhaust systems. A True Dual system is available in this line that uses a different baffle than the Rinehart line.

The baffles designed for each different line are not interchangeable.

Any True Dual system manufactured by BUB will come stock with the appropriate standard baffle, the “quiet” baffle and the “performance” baffles are optional and  can be purchased thru any authorized Drag Specialties Dealer.

Thank You

BUB Enterprises, Inc.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 01:32:04 PM »

Here is another quote from BUB's

Sporty

A quiet baffle for your system will lower the level down approximately 6 db. Can’t say if that will be enough for our CHP friends as what do they consider loud?? How do they measure the db level?? You can wrap the baffles with fiberglass and that will help as well. Hope this helps.

BUB Enterprises, Inc.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 06:35:46 PM »

It's been several years, but I tried the so called "quiet" baffles. If they were any quieter, I couldn't tell it. Or, maybe I was expecting too much. I also tried the wrapping, also to no avail. If the standard Rineharts are too loud for you, it's probably time to go to something else.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 06:57:32 PM »

It's been several years, but I tried the so called "quiet" baffles. If they were any quieter, I couldn't tell it. Or, maybe I was expecting too much. I also tried the wrapping, also to no avail. If the standard Rinehart's are too loud for you, it's probably time to go to something else.

That's going to be a tough one. I like the True Dual system. (less heat - no crossover) I don't know of a good True Dual set up that is fairly quite, not stock quite but a lot less then sound level of current Rinehart's. I love the sound of the Rinehart's, but I'm ready for something a bit quieter.

I was thinking of wrapping the baffles with fiberglass, what was your experience with this?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 08:59:42 PM »

That's going to be a tough one. I like the True Dual system. (less heat - no crossover) I don't know of a good True Dual set up that is fairly quite, not stock quite but a lot less then sound level of current Rinehart's. I love the sound of the Rinehart's, but I'm ready for something a bit quieter.

I was thinking of wrapping the baffles with fiberglass, what was your experience with this?

Rush makes a muffler now for the 2" head pipe on your RH TD's...they have a model with seperate end caps, or a one piece, and baffles from 1.50 thru 2.50 in .25 increments.  Worth a look...

http://www.epiflex.com/rush_touring.html
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 06:33:39 AM »

I used a three part packing kit I bought at the Hondakaswsuzki shop. It did mute the sound somewhat, but was still too loud. True duals have a lot of advantages, looks, cooler, etc, but they will make any muffler you use louder than the stock crosssover system. The disadvantage of the rineharts is having to use their mufflers. You might check out the link TC posted, Rush makes some good stuff. I have some rush 2" baffle mufflers on V&H true duals that are not earsplitting loud at all. For long trips I have some supertrapp supermegs with 18 discs that are very mellow and at the end of a long day, they are very much appreciated.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 24 queries.