Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: The new Rocker on TV  (Read 6290 times)

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
Re: The new Rocker on TV
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2008, 05:50:40 PM »

Oh no I've done it again. :nervous:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2008, 06:43:09 PM »

John,
Congrats on the new Rocker!!  That's the color that I like too.  I think it looks the best of all the colors they offer.  Can't wait to see one in person. :2vrolijk_21:

:devil:

Thanks.  There is a ton I want to do, but for now she is virtually stock.  I put the Centerline grips, footpegs, brake and shift peg on, and relocated the state inspection bracket.   It is a blast to ride and I put another 50 or so on her today.  I still have the 08 Ultra sitting in the garage getting jealous, but we will take her out for a spin in the a.m.  It is supposed to be around 70 on Sunday :2vrolijk_21:  Got to get the ride in before I watch the Patriots go 19-0!!
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2008, 07:08:16 PM »

Thanks.  There is a ton I want to do, but for now she is virtually stock.  I put the Centerline grips, footpegs, brake and shift peg on, and relocated the state inspection bracket.   It is a blast to ride and I put another 50 or so on her today.  I still have the 08 Ultra sitting in the garage getting jealous, but we will take her out for a spin in the a.m.  It is supposed to be around 70 on Sunday :2vrolijk_21:  Got to get the ride in before I watch the Patriots go 19-0!!
Couple of things I noted about the rocker c was the led in the rear turns and incandescent turns up front? Polished wheels instead of chrome? That 240 rim is going to be a pain to keep shined up  :'( And the ugly licence bracket on the once beautiful rear fender? Harley put a nice one on the sporty last year. Any input on turns and bracket cobalt if they can be addressed? Also what is the story behind the piece of steel sticking out of front stock pegs?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2008, 08:01:06 PM »

Couple of things I noted about the rocker c was the led in the rear turns and incandescent turns up front? Polished wheels instead of chrome? That 240 rim is going to be a pain to keep shined up  :'( And the ugly licence bracket on the once beautiful rear fender? Harley put a nice one on the sporty last year. Any input on turns and bracket cobalt if they can be addressed? Also what is the story behind the piece of steel sticking out of front stock pegs?

that's a good point Sky...I thought HD was going to mount the license holder on the left side of the rear wheel.  I thought I'd seen that in earlier pictures of the bike.   :nixweiss: That does mess with the lines of the rear fender. :-\

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2008, 06:14:15 AM »

Duane I seen one at the Florida Biker Buildoff in Clearwater last weekend, and its not for me, dont like the narrow frt end or the seat. I did see Michelle Smith from American Thunder there, and liked her frt end & seat.  ;D . Helen accused me of stalking her and only wanting to go because she was there, but she was nice enough to take my pic with her.  ;D 

Dave I notice below your avatar you show your location. Then I notice below Helen's avatar she shows her location. Then I note that your location is different than her location. It's odd to me that I notice that just after you post about Michele's front end seat. Did you get runned oft?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2008, 07:40:21 AM »

Dave I notice below your avatar you show your location. Then I notice below Helen's avatar she shows her location. Then I note that your location is different than her location. It's odd to me that I notice that just after you post about Michele's front end seat. Did you get runned oft?

You sly dog you, she lets me come back and forth.  :love_7:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2008, 07:42:11 AM »

You sly dog you, she lets me come back and forth.  :love_7:

Just on payday I'm betting.  ;D
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2008, 08:11:42 AM »

Maybe someone will make a seat with a 'skirt' on it to reduce the look of the 'gap' that has to be there for rear fender movement.  :) spyder

Back a few years ago a different bike company created this very concept and it had the skirt. It's called a Kawasaki Drifter. The styling is different but you can clearly see where Harley got this "idea"......it's not new. I believe the drifter came out in late 04.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 08:14:40 AM by sefatboyscott »
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2008, 08:28:31 AM »

Back a few years ago a different bike company created this very concept and it had the skirt. It's called a Kawasaki Drifter. The styling is different but you can clearly see where Harley got this "idea"......it's not new. I believe the drifter came out in late 04.
Wow,  Jamey and I used to stop in the other brand shops and just look.  Since we have the SEEGs we don't hardly ever do this.  I have never seeen this bike before.  Interesting styling. 

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2008, 08:48:24 AM »

I would have never noticed it either but I just happened to at one time been a salesperson at a Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki dealership and had to learn all the models.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2008, 09:04:50 AM »

Great minds think alike!!  I do not understand why HD has not gone with LEDs on most of their bikes.  I usually put them on all of mine.  The front can be converted with Kuryakyn's, which I plan to do.

On the rear fender, I removed the reflector and the inspection bracket, but you hit it, it is screaming for a side mount license plate set up.  I am sure that after a few months, you will begin to see several aftermarket mods for this baby.  I also would like the seat to sit a little lower and eliminate the gap between the bottom of the seat and the rear fender.  The standard Rocker's gap is much more tolerable.

A tank lift would also give it a little more edge, IMHO. 

I plan on chroming out all of the controls and installing braided brake lines, along with chrome front and rear brake calipers.  Still waiting on V & H to come up with the correct fit for their big radius pipes.  I'll do the stage 1 at that point.

You also mentioned the polished aluminum wheels...Any hints on how to get them and keep them looking good :nixweiss:

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2008, 09:22:43 AM »

We 05 CVO Fatboy owners can offer lots of tips on this. It seems the best (and most expensive) method so far is a good polishing followed by a clear powdercoat, never have to shine em again......if you don't have the means, make em as shiny as you can and hit em with some carnuba wax. I do the latter as do many of us and it has good results. Hope that helps. Enjoy the new bike!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 09:24:47 AM by sefatboyscott »
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2008, 09:37:14 AM »

Great minds think alike!!  I do not understand why HD has not gone with LEDs on most of their bikes.  I usually put them on all of mine.  The front can be converted with Kuryakyn's, which I plan to do.

On the rear fender, I removed the reflector and the inspection bracket, but you hit it, it is screaming for a side mount license plate set up.  I am sure that after a few months, you will begin to see several aftermarket mods for this baby.  I also would like the seat to sit a little lower and eliminate the gap between the bottom of the seat and the rear fender.  The standard Rocker's gap is much more tolerable.

A tank lift would also give it a little more edge, IMHO. 

I plan on chroming out all of the controls and installing braided brake lines, along with chrome front and rear brake calipers.  Still waiting on V & H to come up with the correct fit for their big radius pipes.  I'll do the stage 1 at that point.

You also mentioned the polished aluminum wheels...Any hints on how to get them and keep them looking good :nixweiss:
Besides having them chromed you could check out applying Zoops seal after you get them polished the way you want. I have heard Zoops alum seal will last up to a year. Never thought of the tank lift, I think it will add a great look too your stunning bike. I think in the next few months there should be a lot of choices for aftermarket parts. Can't wait to see the exhaust and seats. :2vrolijk_21: The blue rocker c is what I ordered but changed my mind to the plain blue rocker as for finish to the wheels, engine etc. and the gap between the seat and fender. I know it does not have all the chrome and flames. I got OCD in the worst way but its time to do opt for change :-\ Flames can be added if neeeded? Goodluck and keep us informed on the mods with some pics.

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2008, 11:54:00 AM »

Besides having them chromed you could check out applying Zoops seal after you get them polished the way you want. I have heard Zoops alum seal will last up to a year. Never thought of the tank lift, I think it will add a great look too your stunning bike. I think in the next few months there should be a lot of choices for aftermarket parts. Can't wait to see the exhaust and seats. :2vrolijk_21: The blue rocker c is what I ordered but changed my mind to the plain blue rocker as for finish to the wheels, engine etc. and the gap between the seat and fender. I know it does not have all the chrome and flames. I got OCD in the worst way but its time to do opt for change :-\ Flames can be added if neeeded? Goodluck and keep us informed on the mods with some pics.

Will do.  Perhaps we could start a little site for "Rockers" ;D.  I'm sure there will be a few that will pop up on the web.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2008, 12:10:12 PM »

If you go back and look at the earlier Harleys (knuckles,pans) you'll see that Harley had the skirted seat......the Kawasaki is the copy-kat!  ;) har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.