Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Weird blue SE Road Glide  (Read 6091 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Weird blue SE Road Glide
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 11:00:35 PM »

:ROFLOL: :znothingfunny: :2vrolijk_20:

Be careful what you applaud.  Brian may threaten possible voodoo.  I'm already the master of the dark force of postal tacos :o .

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 11:21:14 PM »

Be careful what you applaud.  Brian may threaten possible voodoo.  I'm already the master of the dark force of postal tacos :o .

Don, you disappoint me, you didn't notice all the mirrors in my house - - - - - - all of them facing outward ?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 11:27:00 PM »

Don, you disappoint me, you didn't notice all the mirrors in my house - - - - - - all of them facing outward ?

You didn't notice...    I don't show up in mirrors ??? .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 11:28:24 PM »

BB, am interested in your take on this ugly Road Glide though.  Is it likely at all someone actually liked that and did it with malice aforethought?  Or you think someone was patching a damaged fairing and that's just what they could do with it?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 11:36:12 PM »

To be honest, my first thought was an older Electra-Glide with a Kawasaki Cop Bike Fairing- - - no chit. I'm not kidding. Forget the single headlight, the fairing just doesn't look right somehow. Not sure if it's narrower than an RG fairing or what, but it looks like a mutt more than the single light should make it look.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 11:38:42 PM »

To be honest, my first thought was an older Electra-Glide with a Kawasaki Cop Bike Fairing- - - no chit. I'm not kidding. Forget the single headlight, the fairing just doesn't look right somehow. Not sure if it's narrower than an RG fairing or what, but it looks like a mutt more than the single light should make it look.

I love it.  My very first impression was almost exactly the same thing.  Rice retrofit. 

Not sure if it's a center section molded in or what.  But I had the same first impression.

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008, 08:32:20 AM »

Looks like an old Windjammer fairing  , probably damaged the original
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2008, 06:07:44 PM »

They do look better with a pair of frenched in Yamaha F spots.

cash338

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 10:16:49 AM »

Could it be an old tour glide fairing?  And look at the rear of the eagle, It does not sweep downward.  Probably a wreck.  I saw one at a repairable bike website with a wrecked front fairing about a year ago.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2008, 10:44:34 PM »

It's baaaaaaack!  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Davidson-Touring-Bagger-Screaming-Eagle-Road-Glide-harley-dresser-touring-95-in_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ49996QQihZ023QQitemZ360021107286QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

And with some reaaaaallly funny questions and answers this time! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Q:  Are you in Seminole county or Okaloosa county? Feb-09-08
A:   seminole

Q:  Are those actual lights on the rear of the bags or just a reflective device? You say the radio does not work; am I correct to assume the CD player works? Feb-09-08
A:   lights in bags. I do not knowI did not try the cd. The speakers buzzed, so I took the fuse out. joe.

Q:  It's obvious the guy that asked the last question has a lack of knowledge of Harley's and the Screaming Eagle brand or he would know that this was the way this bike came from Harley ... D Feb-09-08
A:   thanks

Q:  Hi there... is this a real screaming eagle or is this someones lame attempt to try and replicate the same, fairing looks goofy [circa 1950]decals are awful,has this bike been in a accident and someone fixed it??? Nice bike in the wrong hands..but if the price is right??? Dave  Feb-08-08
A:   I got it like this. Love it or leave it....I am looking for something close to 13k. thanks

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2008, 10:49:52 PM »

It's baaaaaaack!  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Davidson-Touring-Bagger-Screaming-Eagle-Road-Glide-harley-dresser-touring-95-in_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ49996QQihZ023QQitemZ360021107286QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

And with some reaaaaallly funny questions and answers this time! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Q:  Are you in Seminole county or Okaloosa county? Feb-09-08
A:   seminole

Q:  Are those actual lights on the rear of the bags or just a reflective device? You say the radio does not work; am I correct to assume the CD player works? Feb-09-08
A:   lights in bags. I do not knowI did not try the cd. The speakers buzzed, so I took the fuse out. joe.

Q:  It's obvious the guy that asked the last question has a lack of knowledge of Harley's and the Screaming Eagle brand or he would know that this was the way this bike came from Harley ... D Feb-09-08
A:   thanks

Q:  Hi there... is this a real screaming eagle or is this someones lame attempt to try and replicate the same, fairing looks goofy [circa 1950]decals are awful,has this bike been in a accident and someone fixed it??? Nice bike in the wrong hands..but if the price is right??? Dave  Feb-08-08
A:   I got it like this. Love it or leave it....I am looking for something close to 13k. thanks

He's going to be looking awful hard to get that. :-\

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2008, 10:53:33 PM »

He's going to be looking awful hard to get that. :-\

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

If he lists it another 10 or 12 times he might figure out no one will pay that much for it :huepfenlol2: ?

That's a really messed up bike.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2008, 12:13:21 AM »

I'm thinking this bike got wrecked bad in the front end. Whoever put it back together didn't have a clue. I hadn't seen more than the one pic of the weird single headlight before I clicked on this link. The paint on the tank, side panels and saddlebags looks right, but everything else is out in space. Hopefully nobody will bite on this and get bitten for their hard earned dollars. On a related note, I read recently where E-bay is going to discontinue the practice of buyers rating sellers. Is that true ?  If so, E-bay is gonna be home to every shark and pirahhana who ever pulled a scam. And no way of knowing if a guy is solid or a scumbag. Hmmmm people like this guy perhaps.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2008, 12:48:19 AM »

I read recently where E-bay is going to discontinue the practice of buyers rating sellers. Is that true ?  If so, E-bay is gonna be home to every shark and pirahhana who ever pulled a scam. And no way of knowing if a guy is solid or a scumbag. Hmmmm people like this guy perhaps.

B B

I think it was the other way around Brian.  Buyers will still be able to rate sellers at whatever level of performance they seemed to have earned.  But sellers will only be able to give buyers a positive feedback.  If the buyer screws the pooch he can still get the unpaid strike notices (which can get his butt kicked off) but that seems to be about the only retaliation for a flaky buyer now.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2008, 11:10:40 AM »

i have left negative feedback for a seller once and felt i was justified, so they turned around and left negative feedback for me in retalliation, ebay may want to stop some of that  :nixweiss:
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 25 queries.