Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: What scooters do the ladies ride?  (Read 27781 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: What scooters do the ladies ride?
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2008, 12:38:34 AM »

We were told that we were not allowed to play with the tassels on Don's bike.  Well, his bike was parked right outside our room.  What is a girl going to do? 

That was a fun trip.  I think about that one often.  Met a lot of people there for the first time as it was about the first "big" gathering.  Much fun since then too. 

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2008, 12:07:24 PM »

I started riding in 02. We had purchased an EG Classic from Brian's uncle and I felt like it I needed to learn how to ride (take the controls) in case something happened to Brian on a trip. Brian bought me a Honda Shadow 250 ( a perfect bike to learn on). We had it for about six months and then took the Safe Rider's Course. We had looked around for the next bike and I felt like the Low Rider was the best for me. In March 2003 Brian bought the 03 Low Rider (Black - gold key model) from Rocky Mount HD. It was a great first big bike - very well balanced and fit me good. We had that until 2006 when I was ready for a real touring bike with a radio! When I saw the 06 Street Glide it just looked like a really sleek bike. We bought the street glide and sold the LD. With some adjustments I became very comfortable on it. Well, when I saw the 2005 Cherry SEEG (Candy's and Duane's to be exact)  at a GTG I just knew I was going to have to have one some day. Well, that day came this May. Brian flew up to OH Memorial Day weekend and rode it all the way home. The bike is completely stock and only had 8800 miles on it when Brian picked it up. We were really lucky to find out about this one  (thanks goes to Bob (Boatman) for giving us the heads up on this one, as well as Duane (Porthole) for looking for us as well). I believe I will be happy with this one for a long time, I am sure Brian is hoping so too!!

robertw

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUTG
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2008, 09:39:48 PM »

My wife learned to ride at 50. Started on a virago 250, jumped to a V-Star 650 custom till I rode it one day. Put her in a new sporty for Christmas. Looking for FLHRSEI after she learns a little more.

Vags SO

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • ~The Sky is Crying~
    • judesjujus.com
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2008, 06:34:52 AM »

I started riding in 02. We had purchased an EG Classic from Brian's uncle and I felt like it I needed to learn how to ride (take the controls) in case something happened to Brian on a trip. Brian bought me a Honda Shadow 250 ( a perfect bike to learn on). We had it for about six months and then took the Safe Rider's Course. We had looked around for the next bike and I felt like the Low Rider was the best for me. In March 2003 Brian bought the 03 Low Rider (Black - gold key model) from Rocky Mount HD. It was a great first big bike - very well balanced and fit me good. We had that until 2006 when I was ready for a real touring bike with a radio! When I saw the 06 Street Glide it just looked like a really sleek bike. We bought the street glide and sold the LD. With some adjustments I became very comfortable on it. Well, when I saw the 2005 Cherry SEEG (Candy's and Duane's to be exact)  at a GTG I just knew I was going to have to have one some day. Well, that day came this May. Brian flew up to OH Memorial Day weekend and rode it all the way home. The bike is completely stock and only had 8800 miles on it when Brian picked it up. We were really lucky to find out about this one  (thanks goes to Bob (Boatman) for giving us the heads up on this one, as well as Duane (Porthole) for looking for us as well). I believe I will be happy with this one for a long time, I am sure Brian is hoping so too!!

You and the new bike sure look good Kathy..I'm so jealous, LOL..Looking forward to seeing you guys soon..

Abbynormal

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 yellow
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2008, 09:51:54 AM »

Am eager to find some gals to ride with, but it seems that all of the females on this site live on the coasts and are FOREVER away from me in north Texas. ANYONE here from near me and my FXR4?

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2008, 11:55:00 AM »

My Girlfriend rides an 06 softail springer classic. It sits 2 1/2 lower than normal and has a low center of gravity for her. It is black and orange and has python sraight pipes on it. It also has powder coated black beach handle bars on it. Pic's to come in the near future!!! 8)
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2008, 12:14:16 PM »

NICE!  Last year of the Springer Classic.  I'm looking forward to the photos......
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

knothead

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 R-Glide Orange & Black
    • CVO2: 2006 V-Rod Orange & Black
    • CVO3: 2006 V- Rod Destroyer Orange & Black
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2008, 05:43:06 PM »

My wife rides a 2007 Dyna Screamin Eagle, I put a Harley solo seat, Vance & Hines shorties, and mapped it...She's 5'8''  so the forward peg controls are good for her. I would not suggest forward controls for anyone under 5'6''
Letz Ride

Janine

• FXDSE2
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2008, 08:07:58 PM »

My wife rides a 2007 Dyna Screamin Eagle, I put a Harley solo seat, Vance & Hines shorties, and mapped it...She's 5'8''  so the forward peg controls are good for her. I would not suggest forward controls for anyone under 5'6''

I have the 08 SE Dyna with a stock seat, and at 5'5" I have no troubles at all with the forward controls. When I first started riding, I did find myself pulling forward on the seat, but now I sit back and am very comfortable. I love riding my bike!!!!
Member 4721
FXDSE2-Candy Cobalt/Midnight Blue

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2008, 08:41:54 PM »

Schmoops dyna

Vags SO

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • ~The Sky is Crying~
    • judesjujus.com
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2008, 09:19:33 PM »

Nice bikes yawl... ;D

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2008, 04:04:08 PM »

new   Bone
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2008, 04:22:20 PM »

I think if you know how to ride 5ft 4 or 5ft 8 125 lb- 150
male or female go to your local HD dealer and demo the whole line of HD's
and ride on
                                      Jo Mo

UltraClassy

« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2008, 08:36:58 PM »

My FLHTCUSE2 is the easiest ride I've ever had in 30+ years of riding. 

vagabond6542

« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »

My FLHTCUSE2 is the easiest ride I've ever had in 30+ years of riding. 

Why did you take the TP off? :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.