Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ECM reflash with Super SERT and security system  (Read 1090 times)

ace07fxdl

• Full CVO Member
ECM reflash with Super SERT and security system
« on: March 08, 2008, 04:48:45 PM »

This is from the manual. My only question here is do I need to do anything to the stock HD Smart Security System as described in step 2 of these instructions prior to re-flashing my ECM?

How to Perform ECM Reflash Procedure

WARNING: DO NOT disconnect the vehicle during the Reflash procedure!

WARNING: Using a battery that is not fully charged causes Reflash failures resulting in non-functioning ECMs!

Click on the "Reflash" button from the main menu.

Make sure of the following:

Vehicle Battery Must Be Fully Charged Before Updating.
Make Sure Connector is Securely Mated to VCI.
Make Sure the RUN/STOP Switch is in the RUN Position.
Please DISARM SECURITY System (if present) and TURN ON Vehicle Ignition.

Click on the pull down arrow next to the "File" data field to display a list of available calibrations.

Choose the calibration you want. A brief description of the selected calibration may be displayed on-screen.

CAUTION: Do NOT use Original Equipment calibrations over stage upgrade kits! The Original Equipment calibrations are not intended for use with stage kits.
 Click the "Program ECM Cal" button to initiate the Reflash process.

When the procedure is finished, you will be notified the update was successful. A summary screen is displayed showing the before and after Part Numbers and Calibration IDs.

NOTE: If Reflash fails, follow the on-screen instructions to retry.

Depending upon the vehicle system, you may be instructed to perform additional steps (such as resetting the vehicle idle speed, or turning the key OFF and ON). Follow these instructions as necessary to complete the Reflash procedure.

< BACK TO TOP >

2008 FLHRSE4 SERK
Twilight Blue & Candy Cobalt

"Chance favors the prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 20 queries.