Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Favorite SERG--Poll  (Read 12042 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Favorite SERG--Poll
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2008, 12:35:20 PM »

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. With that said, I really like the look of OTIS' front fender. That was one of the first RG's I had ever seen and fell in love with that fender!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2008, 12:35:26 PM »

Not Yet!

Hogwander is wanting to sell his B/G though!

Ok, I was rooting for you man.  Just thought maybe you were being extra-subtle.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2008, 12:37:52 PM »

Ok, I was rooting for you man.  Just thought maybe you were being extra-subtle.

I still have this cold. I never made it to Myrtle Beach to sell the Mustang this weekend. There is another Mustang show in Charleston in a few weeks so keep your fingers crossed! When it goes I'll be ready.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2008, 12:38:27 PM »

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. With that said, I really like the look of OTIS' front fender. That was one of the first RG's I had ever seen and fell in love with that fender!

Agreed completely.  Randy had a great idea with that fender.

It won't be an obtrusive change or even a stylish change like Randy's fender but I made up my mind one afternoon in the high 70s this past week that I'm going to look for "B" set of lowers.  Not having vents in these makes a big difference.  Definitely NOT hacking up these originals to add a set.  So going to start keeping an eBay eye out for some lowers that aren't perfect that a painter can bring back to life for me.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2008, 12:40:00 PM »

I still have this cold. I never made it to Myrtle Beach to sell the Mustang this weekend. There is another Mustang show in Charleston in a few weeks so keep your fingers crossed! When it goes I'll be ready.

Will do.  Will also keep sniffing the wind for RGs.

Are you on a single absolute color preference like I was for a couple (or three or four or eight) years?  Or have more than one favorite?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2008, 01:11:03 PM »

Will do.  Will also keep sniffing the wind for RGs.

Are you on a single absolute color preference like I was for a couple (or three or four or eight) years?  Or have more than one favorite?

Don and all.
                 Not sure when I will be buying, but would certainly appreciate continued posting of any 00 B/O/W and 01 B/B/W SERGS 

B B

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2008, 01:11:28 PM »

Agreed completely.  Randy had a great idea with that fender.

It won't be an obtrusive change or even a stylish change like Randy's fender but I made up my mind one afternoon in the high 70s this past week that I'm going to look for "B" set of lowers.  Not having vents in these makes a big difference.  Definitely NOT hacking up these originals to add a set.  So going to start keeping an eBay eye out for some lowers that aren't perfect that a painter can bring back to life for me.

Don, I don't have vented lowers on my '04 SEEG and the SERG is still a noticeably warmer ride. :nixweiss:  Guess it's the combination of the design of the lowers and the 100% fixed upper fairing on the Road Glide (no removeable/adjustable wings).  Any sort of vent in the lowers would be helpful.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2008, 01:17:15 PM »

Don, I don't have vented lowers on my '04 SEEG and the SERG is still a noticeably warmer ride. :nixweiss:  Guess it's the combination of the design of the lowers and the 100% fixed upper fairing on the Road Glide (no removeable/adjustable wings).  Any sort of vent in the lowers would be helpful.

I was surprised when it was so immediately noticable on a mid 70 degree day.  Enough so that I know a truly warm day would be an issue.  Wasn't riding on the highway.  But in town mid 70s made for a toasty leg even while moving.

The red bike is the only bike I've ever owned with lowers other than leather or vinyl things that could snap on and off in a minute or two.  So it was my only comparative experience.  The vents on it work well enough I never take the lowers off.  Just don't need to.

This Road Glide will almost certainly see them seasonally removed though.  At least until I come up with some alternative cores and get them painted.  Have no idea how much of the difference is the much larger and fixed upper or the lack of vents in the lowers.  But any extra venting will have to help.  Guess we'll have to experiment a little and see what helps.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2008, 01:24:55 PM »

I can tell you that without the lowers the RG is warmer than the EG. The frame mounted fairing does indeed trap more air behind it than the batwing fairing. It's what makes the RG a better road bike and not as good of an around town bike. When it gets real warm here again in Dago, it will be my first year in 10 here without an RK, a chopper or some model of cruiser bike. I expect I'll be buying something this year. Hmmmmm coupled with my desire for a used SERG, I'm likely to end 08 with three bikes in the garage that belong to me

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2008, 01:41:11 PM »

I can tell you that without the lowers the RG is warmer than the EG. The frame mounted fairing does indeed trap more air behind it than the batwing fairing. It's what makes the RG a better road bike and not as good of an around town bike. When it gets real warm here again in Dago, it will be my first year in 10 here without an RK, a chopper or some model of cruiser bike. I expect I'll be buying something this year. Hmmmmm coupled with my desire for a used SERG, I'm likely to end 08 with three bikes in the garage that belong to me

B B

That's helpful guidance Brian.  Thanks.  An even better reason to not throw a leg over unless there's more than just an across town hop to be made.  The limited riding with this one so far has already reinforced what I thought I knew from my limited time on RGs prior.  Whether its warmer slow or not it's a stable and surprisingly nimble-for-its-size platform that is just great out on the two lanes or the highway.  The red bike can always run around town if need be.  It's nice to have options :2vrolijk_21: .

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2008, 01:42:33 PM »

That's helpful guidance Brian.  Thanks.  An even better reason to not throw a leg over unless there's more than just an across town hop to be made.  The limited riding with this one so far has already reinforced what I thought I knew from my limited time on RGs prior.  Whether its warmer slow or not it's a stable and surprisingly nimble-for-its-size platform that is just great out on the two lanes or the highway.  The red bike can always run around town if need be.  It's nice to have options :2vrolijk_21: .

Have you considered an FXR for that instead? :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:  They come in red, too! :2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2008, 01:46:04 PM »

Have you considered an FXR for that instead? :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:  They come in red, too! :2vrolijk_21:

Or a Scarlet Red/Charcoal Screamin' Eagle Vrod (VRSCSE2). :sneaky: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2008, 01:47:46 PM »

The FXRs are a beastie unto themselves.   Nothing better in my opinion for handling and power/weight that Harley has ever done.  Have thoroughly enjoyed and thrashed a couple of them back when they were still around.

If I were to score a third bike I'd certainl not turn one down if the deal were right.  For a non-touring model bike for a more local cruiser I'm pretty sure my first inclination would be the Switchblade though.  It's another one that the looks just do it for me. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2008, 01:49:57 PM »

Or a Scarlet Red/Charcoal Screamin' Eagle Vrod (VRSCSE2). :sneaky: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

All kidding aside that would have to be another strong consideration.  My only reservation there is that I'd not need that level of performance for something that would be just a local cruiser.  It might be fun; that's for sure.  But something like the Switchblade would more accurately match and mate to how I'd actually use a local platform.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2008, 01:51:59 PM »

The FXRs are a beastie unto themselves.   Nothing better in my opinion for handling and power/weight that Harley has ever done.  Have thoroughly enjoyed and thrashed a couple of them back when they were still around.

If I were to score a third bike I'd certainl not turn one down if the deal were right.  For a non-touring model bike for a more local cruiser I'm pretty sure my first inclination would be the Switchblade though.  It's another one that the looks just do it for me. 

Can't aruge with that.  Those bikes are sweet.  I'm more partial to the BLUE ones, though. :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :oops:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.