Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Why Bikers Get A Bad Rap!  (Read 4263 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Why Bikers Get A Bad Rap!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 09:56:18 PM »

For those who didn't see the photos of the rider with his head jammed through the rear door of a tractor trailer, this is the kind of totally asinine riding that causes stuff like that.  Not only is this jerk endangering himself, but he is endangering everyone else in his vicintiy.  Other folks could easily crash trying to avoid him, and if he makes just a tiny error he could be launching a 600 lb missile at 140+ mph into the back seat with someones kids.  The sorry POS should have his license permanently pulled, along with spending a little quality time with the boys in the local lockup.

Sorry, but I can't even agree that this would be good riding on a racetrack.  True professionals wouldn't want anything to do with him.  All I can say is I hope he doesn't take anyone else with him when his juvenile antics come to an abrupt end, as they surely will.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 10:18:06 PM »

When did Hoist buy a crotch rocket ?????  ;D

B B

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 10:23:56 PM »

I used to be this idiot 20+ years ago. I was weaving through 25 mph traffic at speeds more than double that and lane split between 2 box vans and when I popped out in front, I was still upright and riding but both my mirrors were broke and hanging down. That cured me of crazy stuff like that video, dont prove nothing except stupidity! Couple of years ago, in Frederick MD couple of kids with bike cams were doing the same stuff on rte 15 and one of them ran into the back of a garbage truck and killed himself. Thank God, noone else got hurt.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 05:25:38 AM »

When did Hoist buy a crotch rocket ?????  ;D

B B

:vrolijk_11: :beatdeadhorse:  .................... after you give him lessons on how to split lanes west coast style.    :huepfenlol2:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 08:13:49 AM »

I can't feel sorry for anyone that wants to commit suicide.

but riding like that,, pisses other drivers off.  then when some unsuspecting dufuss (like myself) comes crusing down the road, gets ready to pass a slower moving vehicle,  and wonders why the idiot in the car just cut in front of me and slowed down. thus possible causing me to crash.  then they just say "SORRY, DIDN'T SEE HIM :nixweiss:, OFFICER"

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 08:35:59 AM »

Sorry to say but been there done that. I'm not proud or bragging but when your young you think your invincible. I've eaten pavement and had the white bed sheets stick to all my oozing road rash so this a$$hole has learned his lesson. As for the license plate they mount them way underneath the rear fender,not sure its legal because its well hidden unless you look for it.  Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2008, 08:53:56 AM »

Cool video!!! Great riding, especially them wheelies at speed. :o :nixweiss:

I guess we all look at this kinda stuff differently. ;)

Hoist! 8)

This guy needs to be put in a US fighter Jet

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 09:11:19 AM »

My initial thought was wow, then I closed my eyes as he neared the semi, crossed the yellow lines and had to go around the truck in the car pool lane.  What do you do next for excitement?  I'm usually the other biker that gets passed by the testosterone rocket.  I did my first lane splittinhg with AK and the NOrcal crew last November. Still thinking about that.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

RedFXR2

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2008, 09:56:41 AM »

Ironic to see these in the same thread.  Because behavior like this:

http://www.break.com/index/insane-motorcycle-rider-dash-cam-footage.html

Is what created this law in Florida:

http://jalopnik.com/368868/florida-passes-hb-137-speeders-face-vehicle-confiscation-prison-time

Watch that video and imagine that stuff happening  on crowded commercial 4 and 6 lane surface streets as well as the  interstates down here.  No wonder new legislation was created.

And I agree with this 100%:

Sorry, but I can't even agree that this would be good riding on a racetrack.  True professionals wouldn't want anything to do with him. 

There is a huge difference between passing unwitting passenger vehicles one foot away on a public street at twice their speed and competing on a closed course with other professional riders at the same speed.  Pulling 10 second wheelstands at 100+ mph does not make one a skilled racer.  It makes one a stunt rider.  Stunts belong in the circus.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 10:01:23 AM by RedFXR2 »

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2008, 10:08:28 AM »

Now if Florida could do somthing about them left turn blue hairs that kill bikers in Florida.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2008, 10:14:25 AM »

Sorry to say but been there done that. I'm not proud or bragging but when your young you think your invincible. I've eaten pavement and had the white bed sheets stick to all my oozing road rash so this a$$hole has learned his lesson. As for the license plate they mount them way underneath the rear fender,not sure its legal because its well hidden unless you look for it.  Later,Q

30 years ago we rode like that but I never had severe road rash from it. LOTS of friends did.   Ran through a barbed wire fence 1 night though with some flashing red lights in the mirror that was memorable, among several others. Not bragging either - youth is indeed wasted on youth unfortunately.  Don't ride like that anymore - wish to live to ride another day is my usual motto.

Riding wheelies at 100mph is a thrill for those who haven't seen what a collision can do to a body at 100 mph or if they have, they have ignored it or maybe just do not care.  That youth deal again, usually.

Stuff doesn't belong on the street - especially considering how bad lots of cage drivers are.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2008, 10:15:27 AM »

BTW - that Florida law has not passed & may never pass according to what I heard last night.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 10:20:57 AM »

30 years ago we rode like that but I never had severe road rash from it. LOTS of friends did.   Ran through a barbed wire fence 1 night though with some flashing red lights in the mirror that was memorable, among several others. Not bragging either - youth is indeed wasted on youth unfortunately.  Don't ride like that anymore - wish to live to ride another day is my usual motto.

Riding wheelies at 100mph is a thrill for those who haven't seen what a collision can do to a body at 100 mph or if they have, they have ignored it or maybe just do not care.  That youth deal again, usually.

Stuff doesn't belong on the street - especially considering how bad lots of cage drivers are.
For those that haven't yet seen http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=21553.msg346352#msg346352   It ain't pertty!!

RedFXR2

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2008, 10:27:21 AM »

Now if Florida could do somthing about them left turn blue hairs that kill bikers in Florida.

In fairness to the blue hairs, they turn in front of, stop for no reason in front of, back out in front of, run traffic lights in front of, and generally poze hazards to not only bikers, but everyone else on the road as well. ;D  They believe in equality and don't discriminate.

RedFXR2

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 10:32:52 AM »

30 years ago we rode like that but I never had severe road rash from it.

I know what you're saying but 30 years ago you couldn't be a teenager and put a 160-180 mph-capable bike on a credit card and ride out of the dealership like you can now.  Hey, I knew crazy riders back in the 1970's, myself--visited a few in the hospital after their latest thrill.  But the bikes, even the fast ones, weren't at the level they are now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 25 queries.