Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: changing the bars  (Read 3788 times)

cvo_rider

changing the bars
« on: March 23, 2008, 12:07:15 PM »

Every one here was right about the bars. I am thinking about the 10 inch apes. I put 500 miles on her in 2 days. I have only read about 1 person changing the bars. Has any body else tried different ones?
Doyle

cvo_rider

Re: changing the bars
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 12:46:51 PM »

I did find this thread but no "good" info
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12225.0

Stingboy :}

• Gambling is illegal here at Bushwood sir...., and I never slice. Damn!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004 Pumpkin SEEG
    • CVO2: 2003 Anniversary Fatboy ( Non CVO)
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 07:05:04 PM »

Hello,

I have a 2008 SE Springer and have been looking into putting apes on my bike.  Carlini makes 2 sets of bars that will work at 1.25" and no knurling.  They are the gangster apes and he flyin apes.  I personally like the flyin apes.  I spoke with a rep from Carlini and he verified they will work.  I was going to put the 12" ones on my bike.  I am still considering it however the cost would be about $650.00 plus labor.  This would include new clutch, brake, throttle/idle cables.  The local dealer here quoted me $510.00 labor.  Pretty pricey to change bars.  I will let you know what I decide and put up pics if I go through with it.

Sting
/Users/Sting/Desktop/2008 Beaver Patriot/2008 Beaver Patriot Thunder.JPG

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 08:40:04 AM »

thought about changing bars but I don't want to change to look of the bike too much, I just wanted a little more pullback.
so I thought about changing the risers to get a little more pullback, I found out than nobody makes pullback risers for a springer with 1 1/4" bars...... :'(
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

drogers

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 10:27:12 PM »

I like the bars that comes on the bike,although I agree that they could be a little more pulled back.They fit me fine,but I have ridiculously long arms.I think the bike looks and handles good,and I like to ride it pretty hard thru the twisties.Ape's would not work for me. But that's just me.Coming off sport bikes,I feel like I'm sitting in a Lazyboy on my Springer.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 04:13:12 PM »

I installed WILD 1 CHUBBY® SPRINGER PULLBACK DRAG BAR in my Springer.better than stock.

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 07:41:52 PM »

Jegomez,

Did you have to change the cables or lengthen the wiring to use these bars?  Also, do you have some pics of your bike with these bars? 

Thanks,

Sting

cvo_rider

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 08:45:14 AM »

The pull back drag bars look like it would give a better riding position for me.
Yes, please tell us about the cables.
Doyle

cvo_rider

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 09:53:55 PM »

Went with the Wild 1 Mini Apes. Should have friday. Will take some pictures when I stop or run out of gas.
I did not ask how much. I figured it would ruin the fun...
Doyle

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 11:38:16 AM »

Jegomez,

Did you have to change the cables or lengthen the wiring to use these bars?  Also, do you have some pics of your bike with these bars? 

Thanks,

Sting

Sorry to be late ...no mi amigo Sting...I didn't have to change any cables or wires.......Here a couple of pics.....

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 11:39:13 AM »

Another one

cvo_rider

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 03:07:08 AM »

well did not get my bike until Saturday. I was looking at the new Vance and Hines Pro Pipes when my assistant walked around to the back of my scooter and said you have a screw in your back tire. I hung out another 4 hrs. until they put on a new one and hit the road. Just got home about 1:30. My new Mini Apes handle awesome!!!!!
will try to post some pictures of her tomorrow. 82 here though I should be home before midnight.
I did jump on my 110 today. (first time) I had my first service done while at the shop. This scooter has some power! I was also pleased with the new pipes. I expected them to be much louder than there are. Has a very nice rumble. This bike is much better than I expected. Looks like a new seat will be in order. They sent me out some samples. It seems an injustice not to put on a new seat. A little more chrome and a new seat and I should be just a hair under 40. worth every penny (well dollar)

Doyle

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 08:55:07 AM »

Another one

Thanks Jegomez , Your bike looks great.  I am going to use those bars or step up to the plate( money wise that is)  to the mini apes.  Thanks for the pics.

Sting

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 05:02:08 PM »

well did not get my bike until Saturday. I was looking at the new Vance and Hines Pro Pipes when my assistant walked around to the back of my scooter and said you have a screw in your back tire. I hung out another 4 hrs. until they put on a new one and hit the road. Just got home about 1:30. My new Mini Apes handle awesome!!!!!
will try to post some pictures of her tomorrow. 82 here though I should be home before midnight.
I did jump on my 110 today. (first time) I had my first service done while at the shop. This scooter has some power! I was also pleased with the new pipes. I expected them to be much louder than there are. Has a very nice rumble. This bike is much better than I expected. Looks like a new seat will be in order. They sent me out some samples. It seems an injustice not to put on a new seat. A little more chrome and a new seat and I should be just a hair under 40. worth every penny (well dollar)

Doyle
Hello Doyle can you please post pics whenever you have a chance? I assume you had to change all the cables... Which ones did you use? How much? Thanks

Jorge

cvo_rider

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 12:28:22 AM »

Somebody sent me some pictures of Sunday. I think this should work.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/venetian_plaster/sets/72157604432251896/
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.