Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alarm: How do you silent the chirp, when arming with the key fob?  (Read 13506 times)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member

I searched the owners manual, the forum and found nothing. I know theres a way. I dont want it to chirp when setting the alarm.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Shaylee

• I'd rather be riding.

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 BMW K1200RS
Re: Alarm: How do you silent the chirp, when arming with the key fob?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 11:00:36 AM »

To switch from chirp to silent or vice versa:
1.  With the fob present, the ignition switch ON and the system disarmed, turn the ignition switch OFF.
2   When the system arms (2 flashes of turn signals) immediately turn the ignition switch back ON.
3.  Wait until the security lamp goes out, then immediately turn the ignition switch OFF.
4.  When the system arms (2 flashes of turn signals or chirps), immediately turn the ignition switch ON and wait for system to disarm.
I hope this helps.
Stewart

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 11:04:29 AM »

1.  With the fob present, the ignition switch ON and the system disarmed, turn the ignition switch OFF.
2   When the system arms (2 flashes of turn signals) immediately turn the ignition switch back ON.
3.  Wait until the security lamp goes out, then immediately turn the ignition switch OFF.
4.  When the system arms (2 flashes of turn signals or chirps), immediately turn the ignition switch ON and wait for system to disarm.
I hope this helps.
Stewart

Only 3 posts and already contributing something useful  :2vrolijk_21:

Welcome to CVO Land
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »

I hope this helps.
Stewart

Something missing here. After step 1, what makes the system arm? If you arm the system and turn the ignition on, the alarm goes off, where is this from? The owners manual?
I appreciate the help, but Its not working.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 11:40:06 AM »

you could also just unplug the security siren :bananarock:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 12:45:13 PM »

Something missing here. After step 1, what makes the system arm? If you arm the system and turn the ignition on, the alarm goes off, where is this from? The owners manual?
I appreciate the help, but Its not working.

That's provided you have your alarm system in automatic mode......where it arms itself thirty seconds after you turn the ignition off.

I prefer to keep mine in automatic mode because I have a bad habit of getting off the bike and running into a gas station, grocery store or someplace else for just a minute or two and don't want to have to bother with setting the alarm each time.  I also prefer the chirp when it arms, to let those nearby know that it's alarmed......just to minamize the temptation from any low life that may be near by.

There's an acquaintence that used to rib me about having my bike on automatic mode and for having an alarm at all.  He doesn't make those comments anymore and I didn't rib him when his bike was taken, with him watching from 200' away as the guy rode off on his bike.  I've since noticed that he has an alarm now and it is in automatic mode.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 03:58:54 PM »

I believe the instructions that were posted by Shaylee are for the "buttonless" fob systems on the '07/'08.  I'm not aware of a way to turn off the chirp on the old style system when using the button, short of deactivating/disconnecting the siren.  Just looked through the electrical manual for my '05 to make sure, nothing there about turning off the chirp if you have the siren. :nixweiss:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 08:50:54 PM »

Aside from just disconnecting the siren/chirp, or putting it in Transport Mode, I see no way to program the security system to not chirp. At least in the 03-04 Owner's Manuals. As JC said, it can be a low-key deterrent.

I remember one night in a motel having heard the alarm and remote pager go off, and dashing out to the parking lot to see a frightened lady holding a baby next to the Volvo door that just bumped the saddlebag. Or maybe it was the 9mm in my hand?   :nixweiss: Luckily the cover protected it enough and she probably had a sleepless night as a result.  :huepfenjump3:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Shaylee

• I'd rather be riding.

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 BMW K1200RS
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 09:54:31 AM »

Sorry the info didn't help you, CVO Owner.  It's from my 2008 manual.  Besides the reasons others have stated for why they like the chirp there is another (at least on the 2008).  If the siren is disconnected while armed it has its own battery and will still function.  With automatic arming, it chirps twice to let you know it's armed -- three times if the battery is low.
Shaylee

56FLE

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 - FLHTCUSE6 "Big Blue"
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 12:17:07 PM »

Thanks, mine was in silent mode and I like to hear the chirp.

Writeup works great on a 2008 SERK.  :jalapeno:

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 08:54:47 PM »

I believe the instructions that were posted by Shaylee are for the "buttonless" fob systems on the '07/'08.  I'm not aware of a way to turn off the chirp on the old style system when using the button, short of deactivating/disconnecting the siren.  Just looked through the electrical manual for my '05 to make sure, nothing there about turning off the chirp if you have the siren. :nixweiss:

Jerry

We have two 05 SEEGs and one chirps when you arm and one doesn't.  :nixweiss:

Came that way so can't offer an ideas on how to change things.  Both chirp when disarming or when accidentally activated   :oops:

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 11:08:37 PM »

We have two 05 SEEGs and one chirps when you arm and one doesn't.  :nixweiss:

Came that way so can't offer an ideas on how to change things.  Both chirp when disarming or when accidentally activated   :oops:

I've never done that  :-[
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 24 queries.