Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 72

Author Topic: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.  (Read 65481 times)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
Re: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.
« Reply #300 on: May 15, 2008, 04:00:40 AM »

Ain't no respite for the English either. I paid the equivalent of $11.36 per gallon for Diesel yesterday.

>:(

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #301 on: May 15, 2008, 06:32:18 AM »

Ain't no respite for the English either. I paid the equivalent of $11.36 per gallon for Diesel yesterday.

>:(

Nige

All I can say is DAMN!! I hope it was for a company truck that someone else is paying the bill.

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #302 on: May 15, 2008, 07:26:58 AM »

Here's a handy little web site that will help find lower prices in your area....

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/GasStations.aspx

Just enter your zip code.

:indian_chief:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #303 on: May 15, 2008, 07:38:52 AM »

Down here the weather is in the hot dry pre summer thunderstorm mode and I have ridden the serk to work all week.
(while my truck is in the shop). 

It is tough to not keep riding right down or up the beach when it so nice in the AM. 

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #304 on: May 15, 2008, 08:12:11 AM »

Down here the weather is in the hot dry pre summer thunderstorm mode and I have ridden the serk to work all week.
(while my truck is in the shop). 

It is tough to not keep riding right down or up the beach when it so nice in the AM. 

Mike, your pictures bring back lots of good memories of Jupiter Inlet. Spent many a mornings out there catching greenies for bait. Doesn't look like anyone's out there this morning tho.

I'm officially out of the boat business as I sold my Whaler this weekend. I'm now officially boatless. It's a shame I had to let it go, but it hadn't been started in over 4 years and hadn't been in the water in about 12. hopefully the new owner will enjoy it like it should be enjoyed.

REGGAB

« Reply #305 on: May 15, 2008, 08:21:43 AM »

$145 and change for 35 gallons of diesel yesterday.  Racetrack just north of Huntsville.  Best deal I could find.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #306 on: May 15, 2008, 08:29:06 AM »

Mike, your pictures bring back lots of good memories of Jupiter Inlet. Spent many a mornings out there catching greenies for bait. Doesn't look like anyone's out there this morning tho.

I'm officially out of the boat business as I sold my Whaler this weekend. I'm now officially boatless. It's a shame I had to let it go, but it hadn't been started in over 4 years and hadn't been in the water in about 12. hopefully the new owner will enjoy it like it should be enjoyed.

6-8 rollers today, good for sailfish and seasickness, outside the reef prolly 12 foot...
It is sad to sell an old whaler, I sold mine 20 years ago, the very one I had since I was 10-12 years old on Cape Cod...

It is easier to charter now... ;)

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #307 on: May 15, 2008, 08:31:07 AM »

It's jumped another 10 cents+  since I filled my tank last week ...insanity .. $0.80 in the last 3 months

Makes you wonder if they'll consider regulation .. it was done with natural gas in the past
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #308 on: May 15, 2008, 08:34:21 AM »

It's jumped another 10 cents+  since I filled my tank last week ...insanity .. $0.80 in the last 3 months

Makes you wonder if they'll consider regulation .. it was done with natural gas in the past

It just kills me when Big Oil has shown the largest profits in history!
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #309 on: May 15, 2008, 08:44:32 AM »

6-8 rollers today, good for sailfish and seasickness, outside the reef prolly 12 foot...
It is sad to sell an old whaler, I sold mine 20 years ago, the very one I had since I was 10-12 years old on Cape Cod...

It is easier to charter now... ;)

I can only imagine day rates for boats have gone sky high with fuel prices. That's got to cut into the number of charters those guys are running.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #310 on: May 15, 2008, 08:47:16 AM »

The intelligent answer would be "no way Jose", since it has been proven time and again that price controls don't work (can we all say rationing and long lines?).  However, we all know how intelligent our politicians are (not), so this may be just one more of the ideas that surfaces during an election year.

One thing that would help immensely would be to find some other "sure thing" for the speculators to manipulate for quick profits.  After the mortgage and housing bubble finally burst, they had to find other markets to screw with.  Oil is one of the big ones they turned to, along with various metals.  I've seen estimates that indicate up to 30% of the oil price increase is not demand related, but in fact due to manipulation by speculators.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

NukeIT

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #311 on: May 15, 2008, 09:12:17 AM »

Regulation didn't work last time... government tried to make the companies sell a product at a loss therefore they decided to just not produce the product case in point the gas shortage and rationing....

bigger problem is the world market this time. the U.S. is no longer the only big dog.... China and India have become major consumers. meaning even if we gave up all of our gas guzzling ways demand would still be high.... 

but speaking of natural gas I think I might be buying a Honda GX.... runs off of compressed natural gas.... cheaper (even heard in Utah was like 90 cents a gallon), cleaner, and gets to run in the carpool lane....
"It's not a bike, It's a lifestyle!"

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #312 on: May 15, 2008, 11:12:10 AM »

India and China have 8 times the population of the U.S.A.  They will take all the oil they can get.  I think the answer lies in developing the oil we have access to.  No new refineries since 1976?  Just off the continental shelf, we have about 88 billion barrels of oil alone.  -But the environmentalists seem to be able to stop us from getting to it.  I recently read we have a total of about 112 billion barrels of oil we have access to.  Enough to take care of 160 million cars for 60 years.  What I don't understand is how the tree huggers can prevent the majority of this country from exercising common sense. 
I guess we need to keep funneling billions of dollars to the countries that support a violent religion that enjoys seeing us transfer our wealth to them so they can build more IEDs and work on their uranium enrichment programs.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 12:31:20 PM by Steve G »
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #313 on: May 15, 2008, 11:41:31 AM »

There is lots of oil, not so cheap to get to and we do not have capacity to refine it. 
It sure does not sound like an insurmountable problem however..
Maybe cause Dubya is loyal to his family the production will not meet demand with Chindia, the saudi royal family that is...

Check these dudes out.

http://www.petrobank.com/

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #314 on: May 15, 2008, 12:08:44 PM »

All I can say is DAMN!! I hope it was for a company truck that someone else is paying the bill.

Mark

Nope it was for my car.
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 72

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.