Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 72

Author Topic: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.  (Read 65910 times)

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
Re: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.
« Reply #420 on: June 02, 2008, 09:55:23 AM »

God help us if a Hurricane comes into the Gulf of Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!  $10.00 a gallon before summers end!!
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #421 on: June 02, 2008, 10:04:54 AM »

I was stunned at it being over .20 cents cheaper in SC than where I'm at in Georgia.  I bought high-octane for $3.83 a gallon.  It's $4.11 here for 93 octane.

I decided to think of gas prices as a diet program.  I pay so much for gas that I can't afford to eat out anymore.  That's a good thing considering we hit too many fast food restaurants!
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #422 on: June 02, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »

I was stunned at it being over .20 cents cheaper in SC than where I'm at in Georgia.  I bought high-octane for $3.83 a gallon.  It's $4.11 here for 93 octane.

I decided to think of gas prices as a diet program.  I pay so much for gas that I can't afford to eat out anymore.  That's a good thing considering we hit too many fast food restaurants!
   V, I think the difference is the state tax difference.  I've noticed it also as you travel across states.......it'll drop and rise as you cross the borders.  :o aaaargh.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #423 on: June 02, 2008, 12:20:47 PM »

Sanity is both highly overrated and somewhat boring.

Jerry :wacky:

I never suffered from sanity (maybe temporarily but it passed) , but that is what I have heard.   :huepfenlol2:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #424 on: June 02, 2008, 12:22:02 PM »

Fed Gas Tax is 18 cent a Gallon, The states add additional 18 - 60 cents- per gallon- Also Some local counties and Cities add additional Cents per gallon so that is way the price will vary From State to state (within the state) and your big Cities.

If there was no Money to be made then the gas supply would dry completely UP. Like it did in 1973 and 1979. The price of fuel was Fixed (Regulated by the Fed's) for those years, SO NO money was to made so we ran out of FUEL

BTDT.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #425 on: June 02, 2008, 12:25:18 PM »

V, I think the difference is the state tax difference.  I've noticed it also as you travel across states.......it'll drop and rise as you cross the borders.  :o aaaargh.  spyder

That's part of it.

http://www.gaspricewatch.com/usgastaxes.asp

Sean M Cary

« Reply #426 on: June 02, 2008, 12:29:37 PM »

Nuts here in NC - when we were moving here last year, the price jumped .30 when you crossed from VA into NC.  My property taxes are insane here also, and we get compensated less in NC then I did living in VA, so we took a huge quality of life cut moving here.

Can't believe I am saying this, but I am looking forward to moving back to VA.

Sean

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #427 on: June 02, 2008, 12:31:45 PM »

Nuts here in NC - when we were moving here last year, the price jumped .30 when you crossed from VA into NC.  My property taxes are insane here also, and we get compensated less in NC then I did living in VA, so we took a huge quality of life cut moving here.

Can't believe I am saying this, but I am looking forward to moving back to VA.

Sean

Sean

You have probably already mentioned, but where in NC are you?

:nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Sean M Cary

« Reply #428 on: June 02, 2008, 12:40:04 PM »

Sean

You have probably already mentioned, but where in NC are you?

:nixweiss:

Jacksonville - just north of Wilmington.

Sean

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #429 on: June 02, 2008, 12:45:06 PM »

Jacksonville - just north of Wilmington.

Sean

That sucks!
My wifes son was at Cherry Point and it seems that around all the bases the cost are jacked way up!

>:( >:( >:(

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #430 on: June 02, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »

While traveling to Tampa today I saw 93 octane as high as $4.49...Diesel as high as $4.93!

elvislee

« Reply #431 on: June 05, 2008, 01:05:50 AM »

On Monday I believe Oil traded at $128.00 a barrel. Today at around $122.00 a barrel. Gas prices here in Alabama have risen $.08 a gallon in the same time frame? I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed; so, someone with more intelligence than I of this issue please help. Is it summer demand, less oil allowed to market, higher demand around the world (China and India), other, all the above, or no friggin use in trying to figure it out without blowing a gasket? :'(This crap is really beginning to piss me off :rifle: :rifle: breathe slowly...let the friggin chi flow...breathe....breathe
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 01:08:11 AM by elvislee »

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #432 on: June 05, 2008, 03:12:46 AM »

Hi Guys

Were paying £1.30p per litre  =  $2.45 goes up every week
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #433 on: June 05, 2008, 08:44:40 AM »

On Monday I believe Oil traded at $128.00 a barrel. Today at around $122.00 a barrel. Gas prices here in Alabama have risen $.08 a gallon in the same time frame? I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed; so, someone with more intelligence than I of this issue please help. Is it summer demand, less oil allowed to market, higher demand around the world (China and India), other, all the above, or no friggin use in trying to figure it out without blowing a gasket? :'(This crap is really beginning to piss me off :rifle: :rifle: breathe slowly...let the friggin chi flow...breathe....breathe

There is a lag between oil per barrel price & refinery processing inventories.  Oil is not processed instantly, & prices do not go up/down until inventories are re-priced.All of the above - summer higher demand, OPEC & others cutting production, other countries (China/India/Russia, etc.), & lateley SPECULATORS have driven the price up.

And I listen to fruitcakes in Congress that say drilling more so we can process more is not the answer.  Well duh, but it would create more supply, which inevitably affects pricing.

On a brighter note, South Dakota approved a new refinery.  First new one is over 30 years.  And guess who is suing & opposing it?  SOS, but maybe this time it will get built.

While I am ranting, if we had explored/drilled refined 10 years ago, it would not be a "10 year wait" - the favorite mantra of the current crop of anti-capitalists who oppose ALL of the above, ALL the time.  Mainly because of their Global Warming Religion & Marxism.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #434 on: June 05, 2008, 08:54:55 AM »

There is a lag between oil per barrel price & refinery processing inventories.  Oil is not processed instantly, & prices do not go up/down until inventories are re-priced.All of the above - summer higher demand, OPEC & others cutting production, other countries (China/India/Russia, etc.), & lateley SPECULATORS have driven the price up.

And I listen to fruitcakes in Congress that say drilling more so we can process more is not the answer.  Well duh, but it would create more supply, which inevitably affects pricing.

On a brighter note, South Dakota approved a new refinery.  First new one is over 30 years.  And guess who is suing & opposing it?  SOS, but maybe this time it will get built.

While I am ranting, if we had explored/drilled refined 10 years ago, it would not be a "10 year wait" - the favorite mantra of the current crop of anti-capitalists who oppose ALL of the above, ALL the time.  Mainly because of their Global Warming Religion & Marxism.
I thought that was a main dish!! :huepfenlol2: Not to  :beatdeadhorse: but if history is any indication a "10 yr" wait may be very optimistic. Until the electorate "gets it" there will be no improvement in our system of checks and balances. There are many in positions of power who have, so far, benefited greatly by the current state of our economy.  :soapbox:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 72

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.