Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 72

Author Topic: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.  (Read 65449 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.
« Reply #510 on: June 17, 2008, 11:33:31 PM »

Just got off the phone with a good friend from Maine who cancelled a long planned trip to Alaska this summer  NOT because of the current price of gas for his motorhome, but because at $4.50 /gallon for home heating oil he's looking at $7,500 to heat his house next winter. I hadn't thought of this, but at the rate prices are rising we're going to be reading about people in the cold weather states freezing to death come this winter.

B B
And the ole-timers in Florida stewing in their own juices during the summer.  :( spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #511 on: June 17, 2008, 11:53:48 PM »

Just got off the phone with a good friend from Maine who cancelled a long planned trip to Alaska this summer  NOT because of the current price of gas for his motorhome, but because at $4.50 /gallon for home heating oil he's looking at $7,500 to heat his house next winter. I hadn't thought of this, but at the rate prices are rising we're going to be reading about people in the cold weather states freezing to death come this winter.

B B

Your friend is one of the smart ones. I just saw a news report a few days ago saying that most people in the cold weather states are not taking into account for the higher home oil heating bills coming this winter. Too far off in the distance for them to think about.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #512 on: June 18, 2008, 06:18:07 AM »

The cost of gas is affecting us in so many ways.  The increase in EVERTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B B
The Assistant Director of our local HOG chapter told us at the last meeting that the 105th celebration is having thousands of cancellations due to people figuring out the cost of their trip ---- or maybe it is the realization that the expenses they will experience over the rest of the year ---- is beyond what they had budgeted when they made their plans.  People who were not able to get rooms and stuff a few months ago should be able to find reservations with ease, according to him.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #513 on: June 18, 2008, 06:46:39 AM »

Gas here in Canada has hit over $6.00 per gallon. A car dealer I know up here has had 12 cancellations on pickup truck orders the first 2 weeks of June and the people are leaving him the $1000.00 deposit. THE MUFFMAN

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #514 on: June 18, 2008, 06:55:20 AM »

Gas here in Canada has hit over $6.00 per gallon. A car dealer I know up here has had 12 cancellations on pickup truck orders the first 2 weeks of June and the people are leaving him the $1000.00 deposit. THE MUFFMAN
Yes, talked to Tim, brother in law from Vancouver, BC yesterday and he told us the price of gas. OMG!!!!!!!!!
The price of gas is going to make everyone rethink driving.  But as the cost of everything else in our lives keeps going up not sure what adjustments we will all take.

BadDawg

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #515 on: June 18, 2008, 05:28:43 PM »

:o  Yeah it just keeps going up and up.  I won't be going on some of the trips I had planned either.  Bummer.  Oil companies just getting richer and richer while the average citizen struggles more and more.   
2000 SE Roadglide
1995 Nostalgia

The only mark you'll make in life is on your shorts.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #516 on: June 18, 2008, 05:55:01 PM »

We just cancelled our trip to the Outer Banks that we were going to go on next week.  I got to adding up what diesel was going to cost me plus the cost of the RV site and incidentals and it just came out to too much for right now.   When I explained the reason why we were cancelling, the person at the RV Resort responded that she understood and that we weren't the first to cancel because of fuel costs. 

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #517 on: June 18, 2008, 06:01:34 PM »

We just cancelled our trip to the Outer Banks that we were going to go on next week.  I got to adding up what diesel was going to cost me plus the cost of the RV site and incidentals and it just came out to too much for right now.   When I explained the reason why we were cancelling, the person at the RV Resort responded that she understood and that we weren't the first to cancel because of fuel costs. 

Makes you wonder what business like that (RV Resorts, Motel/Hotel, etc) are going to do to survive this. Wonder if they'll start discounting or adding incentives to get business. It's going to come a time when they are going to be glad to get some revenue and eat bologna instead of worrying about making a lot and eating steak. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

REGGAB

« Reply #518 on: June 18, 2008, 06:20:47 PM »

That $160 worth of diesel I put in the ton truck awhile back...........is still in there.  The ton truck is parked.  I'm riding the motorcycles when it ain't raining or Renea's truck when it is.  Mr Heckler and Mr. Koch make sure no one siphons off my diesel while we're at home, and Ms. Annie Bea and Mr. Springer stand guard when we're not here to bring Mr. H&K to bear, ready willing and able to rip off a leg or arm.........if required.  I really like those H&Ks tho'................fine pieces of artiller.............I mean weaponry.

Anyway...........the ton truck is full of diesel and will likely stay that way.  Heck I can't afford to fill it up again...............and no one will buy the damn thing with the price of D2 as high as it is.  CHIT!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #519 on: June 18, 2008, 06:22:48 PM »

Makes you wonder what business like that (RV Resorts, Motel/Hotel, etc) are going to do to survive this. Wonder if they'll start discounting or adding incentives to get business. It's going to come a time when they are going to be glad to get some revenue and eat bologna instead of worrying about making a lot and eating steak. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

It's bound to have it's affect on the tourist/travel industry.  Most people don't plan to spend the biggest portion of their trip budget on fuel.  It sucks and I hate having the RV sitting in storage and not doing what we bought it for.  :(

2012 FLHXSE3

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #520 on: June 18, 2008, 06:25:12 PM »

It's Time for the Horse a Buggy!!!! Can you imagine a horse with a Fob Key!!!!!!!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #521 on: June 18, 2008, 06:27:29 PM »

I spent another $150.00 on fuel today and at 4.51.9 a gallon I felt lucky to get it so cheap.
Now if that's not sad I'm not sure what is.

And what's really sad is I will probably do it again Friday or Saturday.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #522 on: June 18, 2008, 06:34:22 PM »

It's bound to have it's affect on the tourist/travel industry.  Most people don't plan to spend the biggest portion of their trip budget on fuel.  It sucks and I hate having the RV sitting in storage and not doing what we bought it for.  :(

DITTO that!  Mine is setting out in my shop building.  I've had it out twice this year, but only for very short trips.  We have a lake with a very nice camping area just a couple of miles from the house.  I may make a few trips the the lake here close to the house....should only cost me $5 or $10 in diesel to get there and back.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #523 on: June 18, 2008, 06:38:02 PM »

DITTO that!  Mine is setting out in my shop building.  I've had it out twice this year, but only for very short trips.  We have a lake with a very nice camping area just a couple of miles from the house.  I may make a few trips the the lake here close to the house....should only cost me $5 or $10 in diesel to get there and back.

We've got a really nice RV Resort about 70 miles away...we make make a couple of 3-4 day trips there to at least get the feel of doing some RV'ing.  ;)

2012 FLHXSE3

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #524 on: June 18, 2008, 06:40:52 PM »

My RV is an 2005.  I'd sell it in a heartbeat, if I thought I could get what I think it's worth :(
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 72

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 25 queries.