Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 72

Author Topic: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.  (Read 65329 times)

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.
« Reply #525 on: June 18, 2008, 06:43:57 PM »

Everyone is re-thinking what they do- The backyard doesn't look so bad Now does it? folks that tarvel by bike will still go places NOW more than ever, Aren't you glad you know how to ride  :2vrolijk_21:

Lifestyle changes are the hardest to make only for those that don't know the joy of MC travel  :P

Sean M Cary

« Reply #526 on: June 18, 2008, 06:45:20 PM »

DITTO that!  Mine is setting out in my shop building.  I've had it out twice this year, but only for very short trips.  We have a lake with a very nice camping area just a couple of miles from the house.  I may make a few trips the the lake here close to the house....should only cost me $5 or $10 in diesel to get there and back.

I am in the same boat - spring break was only hauling the RV to Myrtle Beach instead of Florida (home... :-\)

Planning some local trips from here...but the OBX is local to me here, sort of.

Red Devil- ever been to Luray?  Great camping ground there, and I am friends with the owners - worth a weekend in the mountains.  Like an hour from F'burg.

Sean

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #527 on: June 18, 2008, 06:45:59 PM »

My RV is an 2005.  I'd sell it in a heartbeat, if I thought I could get what I think it's worth :(
Keep it, and enjoy it when you can, Things change and time changes everything, Once you sell it a time will come in the Future that you wish you still had it BTDT

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #528 on: June 18, 2008, 06:48:26 PM »

I am in the same boat - spring break was only hauling the RV to Myrtle Beach instead of Florida (home... :-\)

Red Devil- ever been to Luray?  Great camping ground there, and I am friends with the owners - worth a weekend in the mountains.  Like an hour from F'burg.

Sean

I live very close to there ( 30 miles) you can park it in my driveway- We can work out the details Whenever, Also I Know a few Bike trails in the area. It pays to be nice , Just ask BAD Howie  ;D

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #529 on: June 18, 2008, 06:49:23 PM »

It's bound to have it's affect on the tourist/travel industry.  Most people don't plan to spend the biggest portion of their trip budget on fuel.  It sucks and I hate having the RV sitting in storage and not doing what we bought it for.  :(

:devil:

The first two weeks of June have actually been good here in Hilton Head Island. A lot of tourists that would have been flying have decided to stay closer to home. Local places like Chuck E. Cheese are fairing better than destinations like Disney World. Of course, I'm bucking the tread and meeting the family in Orlando this weekend. I'm seeing a lot of out of town plates which is always a good sign this time of the year.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #530 on: June 18, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »

Keep it, and enjoy it when you can, Things change and time changes everything, Once you sell it a time will come in the Future that you wish you still had it BTDT

I'm gonna park mine on the land we are planning to by near Luray...use it as the base of operations as I rebuild/improve/build?  "The Final House" for my post uncle sams misguided children club time...

Sean

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #531 on: June 18, 2008, 06:53:21 PM »

I bought a condo for rental within an hour of Seattle at a new destination resort.

It is staying full because of location.  The location was always good, but with gas where it is, being within an hour and a half of 3.5 million people sure doesn't hurt.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #532 on: June 18, 2008, 06:53:41 PM »

The first two weeks of June have actually been good here in Hilton Head Island. A lot of tourists that would have been flying have decided to stay closer to home. Local places like Chuck E. Cheese are fairing better than destinations like Disney World. Of course, I'm bucking the tread and meeting the family in Orlando this weekend. I'm seeing a lot of out of town plates which is always a good sign this time of the year.

:-\

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #533 on: June 18, 2008, 07:02:07 PM »

Sean
Sean,
Thanks.  You're right there are some nice camping areas out there...and it's not that far away.  We'll definitely have to lookin to that.  :2vrolijk_21:
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #534 on: June 18, 2008, 08:36:21 PM »

I'm doing a staycation this year.  (One less road side bomb for the diaper heads). :drink:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

vagabond6542

« Reply #535 on: June 19, 2008, 12:24:13 PM »

If it weren't for the Smurf getting 40+ mpg on the last trip(CHL 2), I would be spending more time at the house.
As to RVing, well it still is parked in the shade. Diesel is too high to run a 7.5 mpg dually fully loaded down with the fifth wheel very far.  >:( :(

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #536 on: June 19, 2008, 01:20:10 PM »

Saw an article this morning about some gas station operators refusing to accept credit cards for gas purchases.  Merchants pay the credit card companies a percentage on every transaction, and since it's a percentage rather than a flat fee, the cost per gallon has steadily increased until it is now running around 10 cents per gallon (average interchange fee is between 2 and 3 percent on most major credit cards).

I can see it now, not only will a fill-up cost over $100, but everyone will have to either go back to carrying large amounts of cash or step into the wayback machine and start writing checks again (I'm not sure I remember how to write checks). 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #537 on: June 19, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »

Saw an article this morning about some gas station operators refusing to accept credit cards for gas purchases.  Merchants pay the credit card companies a percentage on every transaction, and since it's a percentage rather than a flat fee, the cost per gallon has steadily increased until it is now running around 10 cents per gallon (average interchange fee is between 2 and 3 percent on most major credit cards).

I can see it now, not only will a fill-up cost over $100, but everyone will have to either go back to carrying large amounts of cash or step into the wayback machine and start writing checks again (I'm not sure I remember how to write checks). 

Jerry

I saw a similar article in todays paper.  I was thinking about what a target filling stations will be with all that cash floating around.  Actually, both the stations and the customers. 
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #538 on: June 19, 2008, 01:54:36 PM »

I have the answer.  :bulb2:

Do what d00d does.  :fireman:

Sit around and spend all your time on this website  :oops:

B B

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #539 on: June 19, 2008, 01:56:52 PM »

I have the answer.  :bulb2:

Do what d00d does.  :fireman:

Sit around and spend all your time on this website  :oops:

B B
Pardon me SIR 10:45 am pacific time and you are on line . pot calling the kettle black A :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 72

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 25 queries.