Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 72

Author Topic: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.  (Read 65380 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.
« Reply #540 on: June 19, 2008, 01:59:26 PM »

Pardon me SIR 10:45 am pacific time and you are on line . pot calling the kettle black A :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

And to think I thought you were slow.   :P

B B

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #541 on: June 19, 2008, 02:04:56 PM »

And to think I thought you were slow.   :P

B B
What??? I'm trying to take a nap and you are making me respond so as to get the last word. I know I can? :confused5:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #542 on: June 19, 2008, 02:11:50 PM »

What??? I'm trying to take a nap and you are making me respond so as to get the last word. I know I can? :confused5:

FYI
         There's 68 people saving gas as I type this

That's a lot of pots and kettles

B B

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #543 on: June 19, 2008, 02:25:33 PM »

I have the answer.  :bulb2:

Do what d00d does.  :fireman:

Sit around and spend all your time on this website  :oops:

B B
It works. :P

Chithead!!!! :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #544 on: June 19, 2008, 02:32:02 PM »

FYI
         There's 68 people saving gas as I type this

That's a lot of pots and kettles

B B
We owe you a debt of gratitude for keeping those people off our roads. I salute you good sir.
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

BigR55

« Reply #545 on: June 19, 2008, 03:19:27 PM »

Saw an article this morning about some gas station operators refusing to accept credit cards for gas purchases.  Merchants pay the credit card companies a percentage on every transaction, and since it's a percentage rather than a flat fee, the cost per gallon has steadily increased until it is now running around 10 cents per gallon (average interchange fee is between 2 and 3 percent on most major credit cards).
I can see it now, not only will a fill-up cost over $100, but everyone will have to either go back to carrying large amounts of cash or step into the wayback machine and start writing checks again (I'm not sure I remember how to write checks). 

Jerry

We take credit cards on most purchases at our store. The discounts vary widely and certain buying groups can negotiate deals with processors. Percentages can go as high as five percent. Transactions are rated as: qualifying, mid-qualifying an non qualifying.

:jack:

Most consumers have no idea what a hit a merchant takes on card sales. We are unable to take credit cards on cell phone prepaid air time. Example: $20.00 card with state and federal tax cost the customer 21.68. 1.08 goes to card company, 1.40 goes to state, 0.18 goes to federal netting me 19.02. My cost, 19.00. My profit, 0.02 or one tenth of one percent.

Many cards fall into this non qualifying category: business and corporate cards, high risk consumer cards, transactions where the card number must be keyed in like phone orders and cards with damaged magnetic strips. When you accept the card you may not know what the discount will be until the statement is posted online. So you can see that any merchandise that is handled on a close five or ten percent margin can yield a loss to the merchant. On top of the discount, transaction fees of 0.15 and monthly service charges add to the cost. Some states even have a gross receipts tax of one percent. Ever wonder why the banks have those big tall buildings? :(

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #546 on: June 19, 2008, 04:44:56 PM »

Ever wonder why the banks have those big tall buildings? :(

[/quote]

Because we live in the land of the fee! :orange:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #547 on: June 19, 2008, 05:01:46 PM »

What ever happened to the phrase Service Station????? Now it's Bend Over Station!!!! :behead2:
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #548 on: June 20, 2008, 08:52:42 AM »

In the 1970's when I pumped gas at a full service station, we washed the windows - front, back & even sides as needed - checked the tires & the oil, and usually had some $.25 crappola item to give a customer for a fillup.  A fillup was usually 8-12 gallons.  A whopping $3.00 or so at 30 cents a gallon.  Once got chewed out by the station owner for not washing the windshield/checking tires of a guy who came in & got 2 bucks worth.  His neighbor so go figure.  Did the usual tires, belts, hoses, batteries, oil changes, mufflers, etc. common to full serve stations at the time.  And still had time to do high school/college homework & chase a variety of gals who would stop in to visit. And wash my own car & play a weird game of football involving throwing the ball over the roof......

Gas prices increased to 48-50 cents or so a gallon and we had lines of cars waiting for gas - Carter era.  Customers would scream at me (me the guy making minimum wage), throw $5 on the ground & drive away giving a 1 finger salute.  We still washed windows, checked oil, etc. but the customers became rather surly, and we stopped giving away 25 cent crappola stuff.

I noticed the automatic paper receipts are working now in most stations.  A year or so ago it was common for them to be broke - out of paper, etc. at least once a week or so where I traveled.  My guess (partly) is attendants are tired of getting yelled at/blamed for $75 fillups.

The above trip to nostalgia lane was brought about by a conversation I had regarding ethanol yesterday.  If we "conserve" oil OPEC (and others) will just cut back production.  Why is it ok to send mega billions in money for oil to foreign countries, while those folks ok with that complain about China & India grabbing jobs away?  Consider the MANY thousands of jobs that COULD be had in the USA in the oil industry TODAY, that instead are in the ME & other oil producing countries around the world.  Weird disconnect.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #549 on: June 20, 2008, 08:59:21 AM »

I dropped my truck off this AM for a oil change, $110, its a diesel...Just got off the phone, batteries are going south another $250...Crikey when does it stop???  Oh yeah I filled it up the AM too...$140...I need to get a 2nd job.... :'(

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #550 on: June 20, 2008, 09:05:39 AM »

I dropped my truck off this AM for a oil change, $110, its a diesel...Just got off the phone, batteries are going south another $250...Crikey when does it stop???  Oh yeah I filled it up the AM too...$140...I need to get a 2nd job.... :'(

Mike

Or quit the one you have so you don't need the truck!
You can live off the love generated on this website.
Like you, I crack myself up sometimes!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #551 on: June 20, 2008, 09:11:20 AM »

Does anybody know what the deal is with that $2.99 a gallon for 3 years that Dodge is offering with new purchases?

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #552 on: June 20, 2008, 09:27:53 AM »

I noticed the automatic paper receipts are working now in most stations.  A year or so ago it was common for them to be broke - out of paper, etc. at least once a week or so where I traveled.  My guess (partly) is attendants are tired of getting yelled at/blamed for $75 fillups...

I recently noticed the same thing!
BTW, diesel at exit 1 on I95s in GA was just $4.73

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #553 on: June 20, 2008, 09:33:42 AM »

Mike

Or quit the one you have so you don't need the truck!
You can live off the love generated on this website.
Like you, I crack myself up sometimes!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:zroflmao:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #554 on: June 20, 2008, 10:37:57 AM »

I recently noticed the same thing!
BTW, diesel at exit 1 on I95s in GA was just $4.73

$5 a gallon diesel in the near future......

For stuff that was cheaper than gas for years.   :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 72

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.