Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 72

Author Topic: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.  (Read 65465 times)

REGGAB

Re: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.
« Reply #600 on: June 22, 2008, 07:22:41 PM »

Does it out do a 325/600 Cummings, 6-speed manual with a 373 rear end?  I forgot to mention it's a electronic shift 4X4 dually.  If interested in specs, Look up the "04" Laramie by Dodge.
This puppy will haul a 35ft fifth wheel, GVW of 16k with no trouble. I'd like to see the Tundra do that.
That is the reason this engine will on its best day give 15.2 mpg. :oops:

Well George, your truck is a bit different than mine.  I'm 325/610 Cummins, 48RE w/373 and manual shift 4X4 dually, 05 SLT by Dodge.  Nurse that puppy.  G E N T L E.............almost to the point of pissin' off folks behind you........................E A S Y on that accelerator, and do the math at fill up.  Don't trust that POS readout in the overhead center console.  The ODO and fuel taken on board is the ONLY accurate means of mpg measurement.  Try it......you may be surprised that if you drive C O N S E R V A T I V E L Y, you'll get better'n the 15.2 you mention.  For the record, my overhead hovers at 18.7 when I'm deadheading.  All that goes out the window when I haul anything.

Still...........it's my truck............I love it............its a good truck...........and I'm keepin' it.   :2vrolijk_21:

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #601 on: June 22, 2008, 07:57:31 PM »

Just to make you remember what you gave up. [I am so mean]

BIGDOG,
You are hereby awarded EBCM # 9.25
AJ

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #602 on: June 22, 2008, 08:45:45 PM »

BIGDOG,
AJ

I've never seem my EBCM # published, but I believe it's # 1  so go easy on BIGDOG ok ;  I can take it

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #603 on: June 22, 2008, 08:50:29 PM »

BIGDOG,
AJ

AJ, I'm sorry man.  But 9.25 has already been issued.  You need to check with the keeper :mango: .

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #604 on: June 22, 2008, 09:53:22 PM »

What..........are you kidding me?  Dennis, you are one of the VERY FEW from whom that would be an honor.  You'll get a phone call, Brother!

thanks bro. now if i could just get these new (used) parts installed and make it run on pump gas. got another little surprise up my sleeve! oh, gotta get a couple new cans of rattle paint, the dollar general stuff blew off.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #605 on: June 22, 2008, 09:58:52 PM »

Look TC is just trying to make a living selling cars, it is not an easy
job. Have any of you tried it? He seems to be knowledgable about
his product and probably 95% of the people who want to trade
are upside down in their auto. He has no choice but to finance
the negative equity if he wants to sell a car and pay his bills.

You guys can be pretty cruel, lighten up on him. Remember
he is our friend isn't he?

TC, I hope you sell a lot of cars and that things are getting better
for you!! :2vrolijk_21:

Mark

Hey Mark
           We're not being mean to TC, but this thread is about Gas prices not selling cars. SO we got off topic, like that's anything new around here. TC jumped in with some car sales stuff that some of us picked him up on. No different than when he posted 20 times a day about anything and everything and we'd go back and forth with him them. This has nothing to do with whether he's our friend or not. What are you saying, we have to accept everything he says at face value and buy a Prius from him to be his friend. hmmmmmmmm sounds more like he'd be our W - - -  :oops: OK, I'm joking, but hopefully you get my drift.

B B

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #606 on: June 22, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »

AJ, I'm sorry man.  But 9.25 has already been issued.  You need to check with the keeper :mango: .

OK Recordkeeper, I believe 9.51 is available.

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #607 on: June 22, 2008, 10:12:06 PM »

Hey Mark
           We're not being mean to TC, but this thread is about Gas prices not selling cars. SO we got off topic, like that's anything new around here. TC jumped in with some car sales stuff that some of us picked him up on. No different than when he posted 20 times a day about anything and everything and we'd go back and forth with him them. This has nothing to do with whether he's our friend or not. What are you saying, we have to accept everything he says at face value and buy a Prius from him to be his friend. hmmmmmmmm sounds more like he'd be our W - - -  :oops: OK, I'm joking, but hopefully you get my drift.

B B

I really don't think he is trying to sell us on the site a car since
we are scattered out all over the nation, but I get your drift.

Mark

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #608 on: June 22, 2008, 10:32:46 PM »

Don

Remember, your dealing with the "Master of Sarcasm".
Be afraid, very afraid!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #609 on: June 22, 2008, 10:45:06 PM »

Not just every Tom, Mick or Sherry gets the precious invitation into our august and mostly sober comradelyshiperaraderie.  And of those who've been granted a number there are five that stealth members.  They don't display ??? .  Then there's the few that display numbers never issued.  It all gets very confusing (without enough beer).  Now, what were we talking about anyway....  :drink:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #610 on: June 22, 2008, 10:46:47 PM »

Don

Remember, your dealing with the "Master of Sarcasm".
Be afraid, very afraid!

:2vrolijk_21:

I'm probably at least competitive if I set my mind to it ::) .  But since I'm all sweet and innocent and compassionate and nice and all that I never behave that way.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #611 on: June 22, 2008, 11:08:48 PM »

Jesus H. Christ, guys...I'm not into the Toyota "moonie" thing by anyone's stretch of their imagination.  Simply stating facts...period.  I don't give a chit what you drive, want to drive, have driven, or is sitting in your driveway not being driven.  And the last thing I'm trying to do is sell anyone on this site a car personally, as that would be geographically impossible, in 99% of the cases.  I'm just telling what I know to be true, as I would for HD aftermarket products.  The decision is always up to the individual reader.

The FACT of the matter is the AVERAGE working Joe out there is upside down on their vehicle, unless they paid cash (which, by the way is a rare person, if you've lost touch with what's happening with middle America, of which I am one).  Well over half the people who trade their car in, for whatever reason, owe more than it's worth, for whatever reason.  Those are the facts, from simple observation.  I don't encourage, or discourage, people from doing what they WANT to do, and anyone who knows me would also know that I would never take advantage of someone, regardless.

As for a 3% profit for me on commission, I've got news for you buddy...if I was making that off each sale, I wouldn't have my beloved SEUC up for sale right now, so you don't know what the F you're talking about.  Have you ever tried to sell 15 cars a month to make a pay plan work for you, so you can pay your house payment and other bills?  If you've got money because of the choices in life you've made, more power to you, and I'm glad for you.  I'm just a working guy who's struggled for everything I've got, has to be in debt or have nothing at all, and have no regrets for any of my choices in life.  I've never been handed a red cent in my life, and don't anticipate that happening, even if somebody dies.  

Also, please note, as did BM, that I am comparing apples to apples when it comes to trucks.  Many Toyota's are built right here in this country, particularly the trucks, and are giving hard working Americans good paying jobs.  They do practice the same manufacturing standards and practices of the Japanese plants...but, that is obviously not a bad thing since Ford, GM, Chrysler and others are sucking hind tits right now.  Camry is the best selling car in America right now, and has been for 11 of the past 12 years, and Corolla is the best selling car in the WORLD, with over 30 million sold, with not ONE single recall since it's introduction, some 30 plus years ago.  Those are cold hard facts, and ones which other manufacturers would like to achieve, if they have their chit together.

As for a Prius, the price for package 6 is almost 31k, plus taxes.  Please refer to Toyota.com and build your own.  And I'm also not saying it's "right" to charge over MSRP, but unfortunately, I'm not Mr. Toyota, so have no control over that...I'm just the messenger, so don't shoot me.

I'm also in no shape, form, or fashion suggesting anyone here buy a Toyota, particularly from me.  Get whatever you want, from whomever you want, and pay for it however you want, or are able.  I'm certainly no advocate of anyone financing negative equity, but I AM a realist, and some people may not have a choice, or if they do, they CHOOSE to do what they want to do at the time, and my job is not to force them into any choice, but merely to point out the benefits of owning the product I'm selling, which is one of the best out there...period.  Otherwise, I would not be selling them.  That is my personal standard, and the reason I cannot work for any other brand.

My intent was to point out that the product saves fuel, and for some people that is a deciding factor in making a purchase.  That is a personal decision, and I'm not in a position to criticize anyone for the choices they make, as I've f'd up more than once in my lifetime.

So give me a f'ing break here...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #612 on: June 22, 2008, 11:14:11 PM »

Jesus H. Christ, guys...I'm not into the Toyota "moonie" thing by anyone's stretch of their imagination.  Simply stating facts...period.  I don't give a chit what you drive, want to drive, have driven, or is sitting in your driveway not being driven.  And the last thing I'm trying to do is sell anyone on this site a car personally, as that would be geographically impossible, in 99% of the cases.  I'm just telling what I know to be true, as I would for HD aftermarket products.  The decision is always up to the individual reader.

The FACT of the matter is the AVERAGE working Joe out there is upside down on their vehicle, unless they paid cash (which, by the way is a rare person, if you've lost touch with what's happening with middle America, of which I am one).  Well over half the people who trade their car in, for whatever reason, owe more than it's worth, for whatever reason.  Those are the facts, from simple observation.  I don't encourage, or discourage, people from doing what they WANT to do, and anyone who knows me would also know that I would never take advantage of someone, regardless.

As for a 3% profit for me on commission, I've got news for you buddy...if I was making that off each sale, I wouldn't have my beloved SEUC up for sale right now, so you don't know what the F you're talking about.  Have you ever tried to sell 15 cars a month to make a pay plan work for you, so you can pay your house payment and other bills?  If you've got money because of the choices in life you've made, more power to you, and I'm glad for you.  I'm just a working guy who's struggled for everything I've got, has to be in debt or have nothing at all, and have no regrets for any of my choices in life.  I've never been handed a red cent in my life, and don't anticipate that happening, even if somebody dies.  

Also, please note, as did BM, that I am comparing apples to apples when it comes to trucks.  Many Toyota's are built right here in this country, particularly the trucks, and are giving hard working Americans good paying jobs.  They do practice the same manufacturing standards and practices of the Japanese plants...but, that is obviously not a bad thing since Ford, GM, Chrysler and others are sucking hind tits right now.  Camry is the best selling car in America right now, and has been for 11 of the past 12 years, and Corolla is the best selling car in the WORLD, with over 30 million sold, with not ONE single recall since it's introduction, some 30 plus years ago.  Those are cold hard facts, and ones which other manufacturers would like to achieve, if they have their chit together.

As for a Prius, the price for package 6 is almost 31k, plus taxes.  Please refer to Toyota.com and build your own.  And I'm also not saying it's "right" to charge over MSRP, but unfortunately, I'm not Mr. Toyota, so have no control over that...I'm just the messenger, so don't shoot me.

I'm also in no shape, form, or fashion suggesting anyone here buy a Toyota, particularly from me.  Get whatever you want, from whomever you want, and pay for it however you want, or are able.  I'm certainly no advocate of anyone financing negative equity, but I AM a realist, and some people may not have a choice, or if they do, they CHOOSE to do what they want to do at the time, and my job is not to force them into any choice, but merely to point out the benefits of owning the product I'm selling, which is one of the best out there...period.  Otherwise, I would not be selling them.  That is my personal standard, and the reason I cannot work for any other brand.

My intent was to point out that the product saves fuel, and for some people that is a deciding factor in making a purchase.  That is a personal decision, and I'm not in a position to criticize anyone for the choices they make, as I've f'd up more than once in my lifetime.

Well said Terry.  :2vrolijk_21:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #613 on: June 22, 2008, 11:25:08 PM »

Jesus H. Christ, guys...

I don't knew beans about any of it.  But there's no reason for TC (or anyone else for that matter) to feel like they're in a corner with this group and here.  Buddy, you work there.  If you say it it's good enough for me.

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #614 on: June 22, 2008, 11:29:21 PM »

Hay I am being given a very prestigious award here and I am trying to get a number to post quit whining about being casterated over selling Toyota's on this thread.    :grin2: :grin2:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 72

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 21 queries.