Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 72

Author Topic: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.  (Read 65386 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.
« Reply #615 on: June 22, 2008, 11:35:51 PM »

Hay I am being given a very prestigious award here and I am trying to get a number to post quit whining about being casterated over selling Toyota's on this thread.    :grin2: :grin2:

Nobody gets to be an EBCM for picking on Terry.  You have the stones to pick on his damn bird, however, and I'll put you in immediately if not sooner!

vagabond6542

« Reply #616 on: June 23, 2008, 12:10:45 AM »

Well George, your truck is a bit different than mine.  I'm 325/610 Cummins, 48RE w/373 and manual shift 4X4 dually, 05 SLT by Dodge.  Nurse that puppy.  G E N T L E.............almost to the point of pissin' off folks behind you........................E A S Y on that accelerator, and do the math at fill up.  Don't trust that POS readout in the overhead center console.  The ODO and fuel taken on board is the ONLY accurate means of mpg measurement.  Try it......you may be surprised that if you drive C O N S E R V A T I V E L Y, you'll get better'n the 15.2 you mention.  For the record, my overhead hovers at 18.7 when I'm deadheading.  All that goes out the window when I haul anything.

Still...........it's my truck............I love it............its a good truck...........and I'm keepin' it.   :2vrolijk_21:

You will have to pardon me on names to screen names. So I'll skip that.
The 15.2 is a calculated mileage from the ODO and fuel brought on board. The overhead has been reading 17.7 when I have that milege. On the hauling side, well that's a different story.  Does 7.0 to 7.5 mpg sound a little familiar? And that is holding a consistant speed on level ground and weighting approx. Combined of 26K (truck and 5th wheel).
Like you Still.....NO PAYMENTS...it's my truck..it's a good truck...I love it and will keep it until the engine dies. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

It's that even when I like driving it, I know I have to resist taching to 2400 and 3200. It just loves to go. And stretching it out to the top mph is a fuel killer, I still do it for the rush.

Terry,
I hope that you don't feel that I am negative on your sales position, I'm glad that you have a substantial job.
I wish you all the luck in the world.  Sorry to read about the decision on the SEUC. That Sucks.
George
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 12:27:00 AM by vagabond6542 »

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #617 on: June 23, 2008, 12:30:05 AM »

Jesus H. Christ, guys...I'm not into the Toyota "moonie" thing by anyone's stretch of their imagination.  Simply stating facts...period.  I don't give a chit what you drive, want to drive, have driven, or is sitting in your driveway not being driven.  And the last thing I'm trying to do is sell anyone on this site a car personally, as that would be geographically impossible, in 99% of the cases.  I'm just telling what I know to be true, as I would for HD aftermarket products.  The decision is always up to the individual reader.

The FACT of the matter is the AVERAGE working Joe out there is upside down on their vehicle, unless they paid cash (which, by the way is a rare person, if you've lost touch with what's happening with middle America, of which I am one).  Well over half the people who trade their car in, for whatever reason, owe more than it's worth, for whatever reason.  Those are the facts, from simple observation.  I don't encourage, or discourage, people from doing what they WANT to do, and anyone who knows me would also know that I would never take advantage of someone, regardless.

As for a 3% profit for me on commission, I've got news for you buddy...if I was making that off each sale, I wouldn't have my beloved SEUC up for sale right now, so you don't know what the F you're talking about.  Have you ever tried to sell 15 cars a month to make a pay plan work for you, so you can pay your house payment and other bills?  If you've got money because of the choices in life you've made, more power to you, and I'm glad for you.  I'm just a working guy who's struggled for everything I've got, has to be in debt or have nothing at all, and have no regrets for any of my choices in life.  I've never been handed a red cent in my life, and don't anticipate that happening, even if somebody dies.  

Also, please note, as did BM, that I am comparing apples to apples when it comes to trucks.  Many Toyota's are built right here in this country, particularly the trucks, and are giving hard working Americans good paying jobs.  They do practice the same manufacturing standards and practices of the Japanese plants...but, that is obviously not a bad thing since Ford, GM, Chrysler and others are sucking hind tits right now.  Camry is the best selling car in America right now, and has been for 11 of the past 12 years, and Corolla is the best selling car in the WORLD, with over 30 million sold, with not ONE single recall since it's introduction, some 30 plus years ago.  Those are cold hard facts, and ones which other manufacturers would like to achieve, if they have their chit together.

As for a Prius, the price for package 6 is almost 31k, plus taxes.  Please refer to Toyota.com and build your own.  And I'm also not saying it's "right" to charge over MSRP, but unfortunately, I'm not Mr. Toyota, so have no control over that...I'm just the messenger, so don't shoot me.

I'm also in no shape, form, or fashion suggesting anyone here buy a Toyota, particularly from me.  Get whatever you want, from whomever you want, and pay for it however you want, or are able.  I'm certainly no advocate of anyone financing negative equity, but I AM a realist, and some people may not have a choice, or if they do, they CHOOSE to do what they want to do at the time, and my job is not to force them into any choice, but merely to point out the benefits of owning the product I'm selling, which is one of the best out there...period.  Otherwise, I would not be selling them.  That is my personal standard, and the reason I cannot work for any other brand.

My intent was to point out that the product saves fuel, and for some people that is a deciding factor in making a purchase.  That is a personal decision, and I'm not in a position to criticize anyone for the choices they make, as I've f'd up more than once in my lifetime.

So give me a f'ing break here...

Terry,

Best of luck in your new career.  You seem to be passionate about what you are selling so more power to you.

BTW, did you consider selling HD's before you signed up for the auto gig?  Just curious.

John
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #618 on: June 23, 2008, 01:08:23 AM »

Just to make you remember what you gave up. [I am so mean]

Hay I am being given a very prestigious award here and I am trying to get a number to post quit whining about being casterated over selling Toyota's on this thread.    :grin2: :grin2:

BIGDOG, upon further review by instant replay and discussion with the Great Yoda Master of Sarcasm it has been adjudged that for the above cited and other abuse in combination you are hereby granted entry as an Evil Bastards Club Member (EBCM); NS (non stealth).  Even though you didn't know you've been digitally anointed in EBCM oils, potentially groped against your will and likely been started on de-evolutionary moral whirlpool that will one day find you in Hell itself.  So you see it is a great honor.

You are now EBCM #9.51 and a half .3 .  Live long and prosper.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #619 on: June 23, 2008, 01:11:18 AM »

BIGDOG, upon further review by instant replay and discussion with the Great Yoda Master of Sarcasm it has been adjudged that for the above cited and other abuse in combination you are hereby granted entry as an Evil Bastards Club Member (EBCM); NS (non stealth).  Even though you didn't know you've been digitally anointed in EBCM oils, potentially groped against your will and likely been started on de-evolutionary moral whirlpool that will one day find you in Hell itself.  So you see it is a great honor.

You are now EBCM #9.51 and a half .3 .  Live long and prosper.

Crap, but then I see you've been displaying your number before it was officially granted.  And an incorrect number at that.  So sad.  Now you're on probation until... well.... I haven't decided yet :confused5: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #620 on: June 23, 2008, 01:11:50 AM »

Crap, but then I see you've been displaying your number before it was officially granted.  And an incorrect number at that.  So sad.  Now you're on probation until... well.... I haven't decided yet :confused5: .

But I could be bribed ::) .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #621 on: June 23, 2008, 01:14:28 AM »

But I could be bribed ::) .

Ah, screw it.  You're in.  But fix your number :huepfenlol2: !

REGGAB

« Reply #622 on: June 23, 2008, 06:09:46 AM »

You will have to pardon me on names to screen names. So I'll skip that.
The 15.2 is a calculated mileage from the ODO and fuel brought on board. The overhead has been reading 17.7 when I have that milege. On the hauling side, well that's a different story.  Does 7.0 to 7.5 mpg sound a little familiar? And that is holding a consistant speed on level ground and weighting approx. Combined of 26K (truck and 5th wheel).
Like you Still.....NO PAYMENTS...it's my truck..it's a good truck...I love it and will keep it until the engine dies. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

It's that even when I like driving it, I know I have to resist taching to 2400 and 3200. It just loves to go. And stretching it out to the top mph is a fuel killer, I still do it for the rush.

Terry,
I hope that you don't feel that I am negative on your sales position, I'm glad that you have a substantial job.
I wish you all the luck in the world.  Sorry to read about the decision on the SEUC. That Sucks.
George

WOW, one extreme to the other between our trucks.  Your's calculates high; mine, low.  I don't have a fiver yet, but towing scooters nets me around 11-13mpg.  It's all good.  That Cummins is a beast, and I love it.

Henry

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #623 on: June 23, 2008, 08:00:37 AM »

You guys!  My little Dodge Dakota only gets 17 mpg......ya'll kill me!   har!  :huepfenlol2: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

vagabond6542

« Reply #624 on: June 23, 2008, 08:10:40 AM »

WOW, one extreme to the other between our trucks.  Your's calculates high; mine, low.  I don't have a fiver yet, but towing scooters nets me around 11-13mpg.  It's all good.  That Cummins is a beast, and I love it.

Henry

Ditto that remark. On towing the scooter's 6x10 garage, I hit the 11-13 mpg range also.
I have thought of the Bully Dog upgrade on the ecm, but I want to run the warranty out first.
Getting all the mechanicals solid comes first, then the tuning upgrades.  That engine can break things.

George

REGGAB

« Reply #625 on: June 23, 2008, 08:15:18 AM »

Ditto that remark. On towing the scooter's 6x10 garage, I hit the 11-13 mpg range also.
I have thought of the Bully Dog upgrade on the ecm, but I want to run the warranty out first.
Getting all the mechanicals solid comes first, then the tuning upgrades.  That engine can break things.

George

And pull stumps, and move foundations, and climb a hill with 26K lbs in tow with the greatest of ease.  The truck will fall down around the engine, but that Cummins will still be pullin'.   :2vrolijk_21:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #626 on: June 23, 2008, 10:06:26 AM »

I read 4 pages of this thread & have come to the conclusion (prior to beer thirty) that higher gas prices is leading to a form of public insanity.  Do not have a name for it yet.  ??

Arguing Posting about trucks is interesting.  Have an old F150 that mostly sits but pulls the boat occasionally or moves the kids here or there from time to time.  Might look into a newer model King Ranch or HD one someday, but not anytime soon.  Buyers market on used ones now.

Also decided to post my hard earned EBCM# since stealth mode has not placed me on any form of probation fro over 6 weeks. 

Welcome to the club, BigDog! 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #627 on: June 23, 2008, 10:47:50 AM »

They promised me a one way ticket to Iran, and a FREE tank of gas once I got there!  I guess I get a choice of a short or long fuse.   

Don't fall for that offer. The Chithead was keeping those 21 virgins for himself. Get the full meal deal or tell him to look for another volunteer! :D

I wonder if I could get a free trial of those 21 virgins, or even an advance on just 2 or 3?  :huepfenlol2:

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #628 on: June 23, 2008, 11:30:57 AM »

Ya all misunderstood it is VIRGILS not VIRGINS. If it were virgins then you would all be PEDIFILES. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #629 on: June 23, 2008, 12:22:46 PM »

Ya all misunderstood it is VIRGILS not VIRGINS. If it were virgins then you would all be PEDIFILES. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

I knew it was too good to be true!
(they don't tell you how old the virgins are, maybe their all over 80 or something.  Or like you said one letter different changes my whole perspective).   :confused5:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 72

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 25 queries.