Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: Ft. Lauderdale, South Beach, Bahama and Key West.........  (Read 52299 times)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: Ft. Lauderdale, South Beach, Bahama and Key West.........
« Reply #210 on: May 01, 2008, 07:52:10 AM »

Mis amigos....JC called me last night to inform me that he had his hip broken riding jet ski.....I didn't want to ask him more details because he couldn't talk....he was feeling a lot of pain.....I will be leaving with Martha in 10 minutes to key West to pick them up and ride his rental bike back to the dealer.....he also mentioned me that he was going to try to get a fly back home this evening.

It's sad to hear that their vacation were F^&%$#@ with this  >:( but fortunately he is ok, with pain but ok. I will post more details when I get back this afternoon.......
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 07:54:19 AM by jegomez »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #211 on: May 01, 2008, 07:53:43 AM »

Let meknow if I can help!

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #212 on: May 01, 2008, 08:08:35 AM »

Sux a lot. They were living sooo large and it looked like a great trip. Kudos to you southern folks for helping them out. Great site, great friends.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #213 on: May 01, 2008, 08:34:28 AM »

JC you are a badddd man. I have got to try that 5 hour energy drink. I am tired from just reading the thread.

It looks like you and Terrie are having a great time.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Not so bad anymore.  Man, I get to playin and I just forget how old I am.  Yesterday we did the adventrue tour......snorkeling, parasailing, jet skis, bannana boat, catamaran, etc. etc.  The last event of the day was jet skiing and I wiped out pretty badly at 55 mph......I went air born.....the jet ski went air born and landed on my back and butt.  Pretty powerless feeling laying on your back in the ocean and so much pain I couldn't even raise my arms to wave for help.  After an ambulance ride to the hospital, I learned that I have a broken pelvis (the same one that I Have an aritificial him in).  It's down lower and not weight bearin so they don't operate with this..........just go home and lay up.

Peterson's HD wants $450 to drive 140 miles to get the bike and that getting the bike back to them is our responsability and no we can't take it to Peterson's HD South (which is right at the edge of the Keys and much closer to us) and so you can imagine where this dealership went to in my book or priorities, so......Jeorge and Martha are on their way down.  Terrie and I will ride back with Martha and Jeorge will ride the bike back.  This guy is a real class act......it wasn't even a question for him, he just said "don't worry about it, we'll be on our way at 6:30 a.m."

Everybody's sending me PMs asking if Terrie and I are moving to Florida and becoming nudists.  I'm at the age where I could probably get away with that and not have to worry about roscoe being hard all day......I'm at the age now where I'd have to worry about the place clearing out. :huepfenlol2:  No, we kept our clothes on.

Terrie said she's posting the pictures of me getting on the jet ski and the next picture of me arriving in the emergency room.  Funny woman........but she's a keeper.  She took care of business right from the start.....took care of the paper work, called Peterson's, called the air lines to see if we can fly back earlier, brought me back to the bed N breakfast that we're staying at (Duval Inn on Angela, 100 ft. from the heart of Duval St. and a great place to stay).....just took care of business non-stop.  I'm so glad that she's mine! :2vrolijk_21:

By the way, the Manager of the Duval Inn came back to the house last night, moved us into a downstairs room, moved all of our stuff for us before we even got back from the hospital....extra pillows, ice, everything and then told me that he'd be serving us breakfast in bed this morning.  Duval Inn.....check it out if you're down here.  His name is JP.

So, to sum it all up......we're keeping our clothes on (purely so we don't scare somebody :huepfenlol2:), my hip is broken and I can barely walk with crutches so no, I can't ride the bike but Jeorge is taking care of that.  I shared with these guys that it's pretty nice that we can fly across the country and hook up with members of this site and feel like you've already got friends waiting, when you land.

I want to thank Miker (I'll call you later today), Air 1, Rooster, Jeorge & Martha and all the other wives for extending the outstanding Southern Florida hospitality and offering up their help and assitance around this accident.......it is much appreciated and has sure taken a lot of the stress out of it.

Not sure who all I talked to on the phone last night.........I was pretty loaded on dialauded (heavy pain killer) that they put in my IV twice before I left the hospital.  The ER nurse was really great.....and she rides a Heritage and her husband rides an Ultra Classic.  I want to thank her, too, for taking care of me for four hours last night!  She wrote down the web site address so they may be on here pretty soon.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #214 on: May 01, 2008, 09:16:38 AM »

JC
Jorge called this morning and told me. I hope you get better soon and I'm sorry to hear of the accident. I remember you reminding me about my age and riding off road last Saturday! Your a true daredevil! You and Terrie need anything else just say the word, have a safe trip home and come back soon!

Rooster452

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #215 on: May 01, 2008, 09:25:36 AM »

JC- if you can catch a flight to SJ,OAKLAND, OR SAN FRAN  I,ll get you home in the the bus--AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Air1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE/662
    • CVO2: 06 FLHRSI
    • CVO3: 05 VRSCSE
« Reply #216 on: May 01, 2008, 10:03:39 AM »

JC & Terry,
Sorry to hear about the accident, no bembos on those jet ski and they turn on a dime.
Its was great meeting you both, hope you get better soon.
If you need any help let me know.
07 & 08 Rolling Thunder
07 HD Posse Ride Great American

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #217 on: May 01, 2008, 10:18:48 AM »

Well, guess we'll not be flying out early.  Frontier wants $355 each plus $100 for a change shedule fee....for a total of an additional $810 and the lay over in Denver would be 4 hours 20 minutes instead of the 1 hour that we're now scheduled for.

So, I just made reservations for tonight through Sat. night at the Hilton Garden in Ft. Lauderdal/Hollywood Airport.

Mike, I'm still up for dinner Sat. night if you want to come to the hotel?  Let me know? :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #218 on: May 01, 2008, 10:28:34 AM »

Man JC that sucks! Just when you guys seemed to have the world by the balls! What a great time you guys were having. Made me want to come down there and join ya! Chit happens and I'm glad it's no worse. You start feeling better and get back to normal! Well, normal for you, that is! Get well JC and say hi to Terrie! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2008, 10:29:44 AM »

Sure!  Around 7:30?
Only if you will be up for it...
Let me know once you are settled in...

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #220 on: May 01, 2008, 11:04:27 AM »

JC,

I'm sure that Andy, Jim, and myself can come up with a plan to get your bike back to you from Jim's if needed.  Call me if you need anything .
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #221 on: May 01, 2008, 12:03:30 PM »

Jorge went down to Key West and is riding JC's rental back to Miami.  I just want to say that the people on the board are fantastic!  The way Jorge, Miker, etc, offered assistance to a fellow member is what this board (and bikers) are about!  Thanks everyone for helping JC.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #222 on: May 01, 2008, 12:27:05 PM »

JC Is it true that you and roscoe were hangin hog in front of the garden of eden when the accident occured? Good luck i know your no stranger to injuries,pain,doctors & hospitals

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #223 on: May 01, 2008, 12:49:24 PM »

JC, sucks to be in a strange place going through all of that.  You guys all rock for making it less strange and helping a comrade!  Jorge, you're the BEST!
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #224 on: May 01, 2008, 06:17:55 PM »

Sure!  Around 7:30?
Only if you will be up for it...
Let me know once you are settled in...

Jeorge and Martha has delivered us safely to the Hilton here in Dania Beach......just off the freeway.  Those two are just really great people!  They got upset because we insisted on paying for the gas in the bike. :)

Vanamal........you really made me laugh at that one. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 22 queries.