Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: Ft. Lauderdale, South Beach, Bahama and Key West.........  (Read 52182 times)

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Ft. Lauderdale, South Beach, Bahama and Key West.........
« Reply #285 on: May 02, 2008, 09:26:06 PM »

Sorry to hear about
Your waverunner mishap my daughter and I are in key west now the water was very ruff today

Helen

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #286 on: May 02, 2008, 10:19:41 PM »

Gotta love what Steve D said via email:

An old man convalescing in Florida, he should blend right in!   :huepfenjump3:

JC,

I'm glad to see that you're doing better and that you're making the most of it.

Yea, I laughed when I read Steve's email.

Making the best of it...........gotta squeeze everything we can out of it.......gettin our money's worth. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #287 on: May 02, 2008, 11:43:01 PM »

Hey JC! :drink:

Just got thru catching up on the 20 pages of this thread. Was really exciting seeing them wonderful pics of you and Terry. Brought me down memory lane when ya'll came thru Memphis. Then I get to the jet ski accident.... I'm so sorry for ya bro! Debbie and I just lifted you and Terri up in prayer. But it sounds like your making the best of a bad situation. May God allow you to enjoy the remainder of your vacation with Terry! Bless Ya Bro! :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #288 on: May 03, 2008, 01:48:15 AM »

Gotta love what Steve D said via email:

An old man convalescing in Florida, he should blend right in!   :huepfenjump3:

JC,

I'm glad to see that you're doing better and that you're making the most of it.
     JC,s going to rent a golf cart and take on  all comers in the 1/4 mile, for the rest of the trip.....ak
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #289 on: May 03, 2008, 08:59:40 AM »

JC,s going to rent a golf cart and take on  all comers in the 1/4 mile, for the rest of the trip.....ak

They've got plenty of golf carts down here, too.  Some of them have big huge off road tires and wheels.....they take their gold carts pretty serious down here. ;D  Let's see, my observation..........Florida has more boats than cars, then more golf carts, then cars. 

Seriously, we were surprised that they don't have many bicycle trails down here......nothing like Calif. Oregon or Wash.  This place would be ideal for it.......all flat and straight and some very scenic areas to drop a path down through.  Of course I guess there would be a lot more encounters with the gators if they did that.  We haven't even saw a gator or flamingo yet.  But we did see three green parrots on our journey to K-Mart across the street yesterday and I saw a few other exotic looking birds down in key west.  One little guy looked like he had long fur on his head instead of feathers.

Oh yea.....and we saw a sign that said Keys deer crossing down on one of the key islands.  My question would be how do they survive in the swamps?  Where would they get fresh water to drink and what do they eat to sustain life?  And how is it that the gators don't get them?  One of the So. Fla. guys probably knows the answer to those questions. :nixweiss:

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #290 on: May 03, 2008, 10:12:24 AM »

They've got plenty of golf carts down here, too.  Some of them have big huge off road tires and wheels.....they take their gold carts pretty serious down here. ;D  Let's see, my observation..........Florida has more boats than cars, then more golf carts, then cars. 

Seriously, we were surprised that they don't have many bicycle trails down here......nothing like Calif. Oregon or Wash.  This place would be ideal for it.......all flat and straight and some very scenic areas to drop a path down through.  Of course I guess there would be a lot more encounters with the gators if they did that.  We haven't even saw a gator or flamingo yet.  But we did see three green parrots on our journey to K-Mart across the street yesterday and I saw a few other exotic looking birds down in key west.  One little guy looked like he had long fur on his head instead of feathers.

Oh yea.....and we saw a sign that said Keys deer crossing down on one of the key islands.  My question would be how do they survive in the swamps?  Where would they get fresh water to drink and what do they eat to sustain life?  And how is it that the gators don't get them?  One of the So. Fla. guys probably knows the answer to those questions. :nixweiss:

The Key Deer are on Big Pine and No Name Key. There aren't any swamps, so they're ok and the gators are in the fresh or brackish waters of the mainland. Although, there are some salt-water crocs around, but not in the numbers like the alligators. Key deer are much smaller than the normal whit-tail deer and eat local vegetation and find plenty of places to drink around homes. They also have a fond liking for cigarette butts along the road, which contributes to the majority of the killings. They keep count of how many key deer are killed YTD and post the information along the roads so people are aware.

Now that they've lifted US-1 on Big Pine, they built the tall fences and underpasses so the deer can cross more safely now and fewer are getting killed. They are an endangered species but I'm no longe aware of the numbers.

I pretty much grew up on Big Pine with my grandparents, so the Keys will always hold a special place in my heart. The best part of the keys is only to be seen from a boat.

:indian_chief:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #291 on: May 03, 2008, 10:25:47 AM »

Thanks Chief.........I knew somebody here woud know.  Yes, they did have a deer fatality count but I don't remember what the count is.

And I found it surprising that you mention that they like cigarette butts.  I was on a search and rescue team for a couple of years and deer used to come into our camp, begging for food.  They would always get into the butt cans (old coffee cans that were used for the smokers) and eat all the butts......so we'd have to keep an eye on them.

Pumkinownerswife.........Key West is a great place to visit but be careful around those jet skis......they're dangerous. :huepfenlol2:   Seriously, it was a great place and we look forward to our next visit.  If you two happen to be on your way back north today, get in touch with us.......stop by for dinner tonight and meet some of the other members of this site.  I'll send a PM with my number.

West Coast GTG   

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #292 on: May 03, 2008, 10:31:54 AM »

Thanks Chief.........I knew somebody here woud know.  Yes, they did have a deer fatality count but I don't remember what the count is.

And I found it surprising that you mention that they like cigarette butts.  I was on a search and rescue team for a couple of years and deer used to come into our camp, begging for food.  They would always get into the butt cans (old coffee cans that were used for the smokers) and eat all the butts......so we'd have to keep an eye on them.

Pumkinownerswife.........Key West is a great place to visit but be careful around those jet skis......they're dangerous. :huepfenlol2:   Seriously, it was a great place and we look forward to our next visit.  If you two happen to be on your way back north today, get in touch with us.......stop by for dinner tonight and meet some of the other members of this site.  I'll send a PM with my number.

Hee's a link to the National Key Deer Refuge on Big Pine. http://www.fws.gov/nationalkeydeer/

:indian_chief:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #293 on: May 04, 2008, 10:13:39 AM »

We had a dinner last night at the hotel were JC & Terrie are staying. He is feeling better ....At this mement they are returning back home.....Nice couple....we had great moments together.... :2vrolijk_21:

Here JC, myself...another side: Mike, Terrie and Leesa
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 10:15:16 AM by jegomez »

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #294 on: May 04, 2008, 10:14:22 AM »

JC with crunches

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #295 on: May 04, 2008, 10:15:52 AM »

The Mrs's

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #296 on: May 04, 2008, 10:16:53 AM »

Martha saw a turtle in the looby and she rode on it......'turtle CVO'  :huepfenjump3:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #297 on: May 04, 2008, 10:18:02 AM »

Where is Miker's beer!  Someone...... quick!
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #298 on: May 04, 2008, 10:18:13 AM »

Sorry to hear about
Your waverunner mishap my daughter and I are in key west now the water was very ruff today

Helen

Helen......we were waiting for you last night.....missin' u!!! :(

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #299 on: May 04, 2008, 10:19:48 AM »

Where is Miker's beer!  Someone...... quick!

The picture was taken by the Crystal (waitress) before she brought the order....but don't worry he had 2 o maybe 3?  :beerchug: :beerchug:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 22 queries.