Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: New Permenent Fix to 110 Motor  (Read 4206 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: New Permenent Fix to 110 Motor
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 05:22:24 PM »

You want some ocean front property I have in AZ?  :)

Trade you London Bridge for it?
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

ridesmiles

• CVO1: B/O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 05:46:47 PM »

I'll be waiting to find out what the "fix" is going to be!!!

By the way, Jacques, how did that map work for you?

Steve
Never trade luck for skill

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 08:28:58 PM »

Trade you London Bridge for it?

Sure!  ;D

My bike is week 3 at a custom shop being fixed (or should I say rebuilt with non-hd parts). He refused to use the old cylinders and I think the heads too. I will know more tomorrow after I have a talk with him.

I really hope HD has a fix for this for everyone involved. But, I hope you don't hold your breath... don't want a bunch of Smurfs running around!  :o

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 08:38:34 PM »

Sure!  ;D

My bike is week 3 at a custom shop being fixed (or should I say rebuilt with non-hd parts). He refused to use the old cylinders and I think the heads too. I will know more tomorrow after I have a talk with him.

I really hope HD has a fix for this for everyone involved. But, I hope you don't hold your breath... don't want a bunch of Smurfs running around!  :o

Know what you mean.

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 03:09:21 AM »

I'll be waiting to find out what the "fix" is going to be!!!

By the way, Jacques, how did that map work for you?

Steve

I need to put my bike for the first inspection.
I wait the delivery of the Redline for gearbox and transmission.
It's all stock.

Yesterday, I received the Pro Super Tuner and I wait the DVD training and cables.
After, I'll mount TD V&H with Oval slipons and Big sucker (chrome backplate).

Later, when I'll have my first leak (and the last) I'll change the cams

I've put a request on the site for a Map but nothing.
I wish a map where the sensors O2 are disable by the AFR table and the right values for VE.

Jacques
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 03:12:21 AM by bisounours »
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 05:15:41 AM »

I'll mount TD V&H with Oval slipons and Big sucker (chrome backplate).

Jacques

It's going to be LOUD

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 06:14:46 AM »

Yes, it's a little bit too loud.
I look for down the noise level with the modication of the baffles, probably with an absorbtion system...
It'll not modify the flow only (perhaps  :-\) the noise.
Not sure for the result.
These exhausts were mounted on my CUSE2 with the Roll Your Own Air Cleaner.

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 08:19:33 AM »

When $$ do not flow into a corporation, the corp. gets concerned.  When $$ flow OUT of a corporation, to fix, re-fix, & re-fix ad nauseum something that so far has not been permanently fixable, the pain of those many $$ leaving creates a need to keep them from leaving.  The MoCo "feels" our pain, and the $$ leaving is just one reason why

Yup, I was heartily agreeing until I hit that last sentence.  In my mind, the $$ leaving is the only reason.  After almost two years of lying and covering up, I'm certain that true concern for the customer isn't on the short list of reasons.

I sincerely hope that this rumored "fix" is indeed permanent, and finally puts this highly disappointing situation to rest.  I could add that I hope the MoCo learns something about customer service after all this, but I have a feeling that's like me wishing for a rich girlfriend with a nice condo on the beach in Hawaii.  Sounds nice, but don't hold your breath in either case.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 08:54:46 AM »

I hope that they do a recall on all the 110's, which would be the right thing to do. But we all know the MoCo and how they take care of their Owner R&D department better know as CVO owners

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 11:42:03 AM »

Yup, I was heartily agreeing until I hit that last sentence.  In my mind, the $$ leaving is the only reason.  After almost two years of lying and covering up, I'm certain that true concern for the customer isn't on the short list of reasons.

I sincerely hope that this rumored "fix" is indeed permanent, and finally puts this highly disappointing situation to rest.  I could add that I hope the MoCo learns something about customer service after all this, but I have a feeling that's like me wishing for a rich girlfriend with a nice condo on the beach in Hawaii.  Sounds nice, but don't hold your breath in either case.

Jerry

You deserve a rich girlfriend with a beach condo in Hawaii, Grc.   :2vrolijk_21:

The other reasons are loss of goodwill ($$), loss of sales ($$), bad street rep ($$), and most of all, loss of HD stockholder confidence which equates to a MAJOR $$ drain.

$$ is the reason, you nailed it.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 11:45:47 AM »

You deserve a rich girlfriend with a beach condo in Hawaii, Grc.   :2vrolijk_21:

The other reasons are loss of goodwill ($$), loss of sales ($$), bad street rep ($$), and most of all, loss of HD stockholder confidence which equates to a MAJOR $$ drain.

$$ is the reason, you nailed it.
I really don't give a chit what their motivation is just fix the damn things already.  :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 11:49:25 AM »

I really don't give a chit what their motivation is just fix the damn things already.  :2vrolijk_21:

I have considered the "track record" of previous fixes, and think this might be fix #3.   :nixweiss:

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 12:52:33 PM »

I have considered the "track record" of previous fixes, and think this might be fix #3.   :nixweiss:
Third time is the 'charm' right? :confused5:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 06:27:47 PM »

Ok, promised not to reveal this, but people appear to truly want to know what is brewing.  Here it is:

110 engine will continue through 2010 at least.  Nicknamed "The Cooker" (cooked as many thighs as Colonel Sanders has fried) it has been "bulletproofed."  What does that mean?  Well, it's radical......

First, a new E-SYN3 has been developed.  No, no Eco-Syn3, EDIBLE Syn-3.  Jim MCaslin, President/COO personally requested an "oil spritzer" button to be placed on the handlebars.  This placement is TOP secret.  A new line CVO cookware in titanium will be custom fitted to special attachments on the "110 CVOoker?" & the rider can add E-Syn3 by spray jet to the cookware as they ride down the road.  A popcorn popper, frying pan, roaster/broiler, and hot dog grill are already past the drawing board stages. The tea kettle did not make the cut. A spritz of E-Syn3 can be added at will to whatever the rider is cooking while riding. If disabled, warranty will be voided.

E-Syn3 will come in the original flavor as well as Nacho Cheese E-Syn3, Garlic E-Syn3, and Butter E-Sny3.  Willie G. has withheld the Garlic E-Syn3 from market introduction slated for August 2008, since the design team "cannot seem to get the label right."  Test riders were angered, since this E-Syn3 was the only flavor in red, and they all agreed that red IS the fastest flavor.

Karen Davidson took a test ride on a modified 2009 EV-Rod last week.  No, its not an edible V-Rod, but it does have the hush-hush salad shooter sprocket.  Ms. Davidson said she was able to toss a salad for 4 in under 5 miles and all agreed it was "delicious".  Paul Newman is rumored to be developing a line of "Oil Can Dressings" & already has the Motor Company 110 Cooker popcorn business wrapped up

Not to be outdone, Jim Ziemer CEO contributed the following to the revamped 110 Cooker line:  handlebar wine glass holder and a saddlebag wine bottle holder.  Not only are these practical, they are necessary for the well prepared rider.  "You never know when all that's available at the end of a ride is some screw top dreck from the local grocery" said Ziemer.

The 96 will continue & has been nicknamed "Mini Cooker" - cookware for the Mini Cooker will be in aluminum, not the CVO titanium, and these are not interchangeable.

Steve Phillips, VP Quality has expressed frustration since the Motor Company expects the same performance out of the 2011 new line of "Diet Bikes" as it gets from it regular models.  In 2011 the Biodiesel bike will be introduced - over 1,300 pounds with an incredible engineered 52 BHP.  Should break 30 seconds in the 1/4 mile, with a tailwind.  Going downhill.  After a good push. 

Mike Keefe worked for over 7 months on a line of edible recyclable moto tires - this project was shelved and has been replaced with the Keefe designed "HOG Bread Basket Edible Oil Filter." 

The source for this information is secret but if beers are bought for me, more info may be forthcoming.   ;)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 06:36:17 PM by iski »

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2008, 06:30:14 PM »

Ok, promised not to reveal this, but people appear to truly want to know what is brewing.  Here it is:

110 engine will continue through 2010 at least.  Nicknamed "The Cooker" (cooked as many thighs as Colonel Sanders has fried) it has been "bulletproofed."  What does that mean?  Well, it's radical......

First, a new E-SYN3 has been developed.  No, no Eco-Syn3, EDIBLE Syn-3.  Jim MCaslin, President/COO personally requested an "oil spritzer" button to be placed on the handlebars.  This placement is TOP secret.  A new line CVO cookware in titanium will be custom fitted to special attachments on the "110 CVOoker?" & the rider can add E-Syn3 by spray jet to the cookware as they ride down the road.  A popcorn popper, frying pan, roaster/broiler, and hot dog grill are already past the drawing board stages. The tea kettle did not make the cut. A spritz of E-Syn3 can be added at will to whatever the rider is cooking while riding. If disabled, warranty will be voided.

E-Syn3 will come in the original flavor as well as Nacho Cheese E-Syn3, Garlic E-Syn3, and Butter E-Sny3.  Willie G. has withheld the Garlic E-Syn3 from market introduction slated for August 2008, since the design team "cannot seem to get the label right."  Test riders were angered, since this E-Syn3 was the only flavor in red, and they all agreed that red IS the fastest flavor.

Karen Davidson took a test ride on a modified 2009 EV-Rod last week.  No, its not an edible V-Rod, but it does have the hush-hush salad shooter sprocket.  Ms. Davidson said she was able to toss a salad for 4 in under 5 miles and all agreed it was "delicious".  Paul Newman is rumored to be developing a line of "Oil Can Dressings" & already has the Motor Company 110 Cooker popcorn business wrapped up

Not to be outdone, Jim Ziemer CEO contributed the following to the revamped 110 Cooker line:  handlebar wine glass holder and a saddlebag wine bottle holder.  Not only are these practical, they are necessary for the well prepared rider.  "You never know when all that's available at the end of a ride is some screw top dreck from the local grocery" said Ziemer.

The 96 will continue & has been nicknamed "Mini Cooker" - CVO cookware for the Mini Cooker will be in aluminum, not the CVO titanium, and these are not interchangeable.

Steve Phillips, VP Quality has expressed frustration since the Motor Company expects the same performance out of the 2011 new line of "Diet Bikes" as it gets from it regular models.  In 2011 the Biodiesel bike will be introduced - over 1,300 pounds with an incredible engineered 52 BHP.  Should break 30 seconds in the 1/4 mile, with a tailwind.  Going downhill.  After a good push. 

Mike Keefe worked for over 7 months on a line of edible recyclable moto tires - this project was shelved and has been replaced with the Keefe designed "HOG Bread Basket Edible Oil Filter." 

The source for this information is secret but if beers are bought for me, more info may be forthcoming.   ;)

Hey Mike, be careful to use your flu meds in moderation only!!  :o
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 25 queries.