Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Nuclear is the Answer (magazine article)  (Read 3210 times)

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
Nuclear is the Answer (magazine article)
« on: May 21, 2008, 03:00:39 PM »

An interesting article on the myths about power.

(May have to save the pic on your computer, open it, and then increase the zoom % to read it.)

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Nuclear is the Answer (magazine article)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 03:03:23 PM »

No need to save it on your computer, just click on the pic and it will get bigger and allow you to scroll.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 03:13:57 PM »

An interesting article on the myths about power.

(May have to save the pic on your computer, open it, and then increase the zoom % to read it.)

This is the truth.......for the people who subscribe to the " not in my backyard" let them do without energy....

We need to build more nuclear  Plants and lots of them and we need to drill offshore and in anwar to relieve this pressure..

oil topped over $130.00/barrel new record  and premium gas just hit 4.10/gallon today......
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 03:16:14 PM by FLHTCUSE3 »
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 03:41:12 PM »

This is the truth.......for the people who subscribe to the " not in my backyard" let them do without energy....

We need to build more nuclear  Plants and lots of them and we need to drill offshore and in anwar to relieve this pressure..

oil topped over $130.00/barrel new record  and premium gas just hit 4.10/gallon today......

Something definitely needs to be done and quickly.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 04:08:19 PM »

Again, part of the big oil co scam. They're the reason for the kaibash on nuclear power. That and hydro is all we should be making electricty with! But no, everyone's skeered of nuclear now. Wonder how that happened? It's a damn conspiracy I tell ya! ::) :o ??? ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 04:14:41 PM »

Something definitely needs to be done and quickly.

The big oil companies would have plenty of oil refineries in the US if it wern`t for the epa.
TVA would have more NUCLEAR plants if it wern`t for the epa.
There would be oil platforms of the coast of California  if it wernt for the epa.
There would be wind generated power of the coast of Mass if it wernt for Ted Kennedy.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 04:14:43 PM »

Probably the largest single concentration of NIMBY's, political ultra-liberals, and environmental nazi's can be found in California.  I suggest we just stop selling gasoline and diesel in California, which would lead to skyrocketing inventories and huge price cuts for the rest of us.  It's not unlike cutting off a diseased limb to save the rest of the patient, and I think with the right approach the other 49 states could be convinced this is the best solution for the nation as a whole.

Jerry    ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 04:43:25 PM »

Probably the largest single concentration of NIMBY's, political ultra-liberals, and environmental nazi's can be found in California.  I suggest we just stop selling gasoline and diesel in California, which would lead to skyrocketing inventories and huge price cuts for the rest of us.  It's not unlike cutting off a diseased limb to save the rest of the patient, and I think with the right approach the other 49 states could be convinced this is the best solution for the nation as a whole.

Jerry    ;)

I am on board
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

BigR55

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 05:56:12 PM »

If we can build submarines powered by nuclear reactors, have one clip a mountain range and not cause any radio active fallout, it is possible to build one on land. A solution can be found for disposal of the waste. It would most likely take ten (guessing) years to get one on line.While we continue to run on fossil fuels, the rest of the world builds reactors to substandard specifications without the benefit of the oversight and knowledge of the US.  :-\
Did anyone see the car that runs on compressed air or look at the electric sports car?  :)

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 07:08:26 PM »

NEW FLASH>>>>>>>> Premium went to 4.20 at 5pm.  anyone want to bet its at $5.00 plus by the 4th of July ?
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 07:15:10 PM »

Psssssss   s

Somebody show Dubya Dumbass this article.

While he barely scored something like a 498 on the verbal section of his SAT,  he should be able to read this

Hey Dumbass, the word is NUCLEAR

B B

NukeIT

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 09:35:06 AM »

We need to build more nuclear Plants and lots of them and we need to drill offshore and in anwar to relieve this pressure..

What I find funny about these people is that they say "not is my backyard" but then they live in Navy cities like San Diego, Seattle... where there is countless reactors starting-up and operating everday....

America is always the last one to get on board with anything, Japan is mostly supported by Nuclear power, France as well, a majority of the EU gets a considerable portion of their power needs from it, but we still burn coal, and heavy oil for our energy needs... but hey we are a world power, advanced as much as the next guy.....

"It's not a bike, It's a lifestyle!"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 11:52:41 AM »

An important component will be nuclear.  If we were really forward looking, however, we'd already be doing much more developmental research then we are toward a different type of nuclear production.  The answer is on the moon.  H3. 

We have to go and get it.  A single shuttle sized payload of the refined product would just about meet the electricity needs of the continental US for an entire year.  If the reactors and reactions work as theory suggests you really could put them in anyone's back yard or a densely populated inner city. 

A bonus is if we made it a national project there is no one that could come close to our ability to do this.  Once done we really could thumb our noses at petroluem producers for anything other then mobile transport.

Our science was first to begin hashing it out.  We're no longer the only players in the field though. The Russians are already considering a lunar landing and recovery project that can have few real rationales other then studying the recovery of helium 3.  The next lunar project will never be given over to the Air Force.  So any possibility of our future energy independence could be in NASA's hands.  May god help us all.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 12:31:31 PM »

An important component will be nuclear.  If we were really forward looking, however, we'd already be doing much more developmental research then we are toward a different type of nuclear production.  The answer is on the moon.  H3

We have to go and get it.  A single shuttle sized payload of the refined product would just about meet the electricity needs of the continental US for an entire year.  If the reactors and reactions work as theory suggests you really could put them in anyone's back yard or a densely populated inner city. 

A bonus is if we made it a national project there is no one that could come close to our ability to do this.  Once done we really could thumb our noses at petroluem producers for anything other then mobile transport.

Our science was first to begin hashing it out.  We're no longer the only players in the field though. The Russians are already considering a lunar landing and recovery project that can have few real rationales other then studying the recovery of helium 3.  The next lunar project will never be given over to the Air Force.  So any possibility of our future energy independence could be in NASA's hands.  May god help us all.

They are the most fuel efficient of all the Hummers, but I didn't know you had to go to the moon to get them. :o  I saw a few used ones in the lot the other day, maybe I should pick up a couple of them.   :confused5: :nixweiss:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 12:33:48 PM »

They are the most fuel efficient of all the Hummers, but I didn't know you had to go to the moon to get them. :o  I saw a few used ones in the lot the other day, maybe I should pick up a couple of them.   :confused5: :nixweiss:

:devil:

I always feel very efficient (and quite pleased) when having received a Hummer.  What, it's different for some :nixweiss: ?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 20 queries.