Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: H.O.G.®'s MILLION MILE MONDAY JUNE 30, 2008  (Read 3244 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: H.O.G.®'s MILLION MILE MONDAY JUNE 30, 2008
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008, 10:34:07 AM »

Yep, Wife says the same here. Now have to find someone to pack the truck, get the food, clean the trailer, cook the food, wax the boat, lfuel the boat, load the floats, get some extra fuel for he plane, set up the camp and entertain the guest...... while I go get the Ultralight  and land on the beach.  :(   Why does't your wife like to camp? :P

Just can't imagine.   :D :D :D :D

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 10:39:16 AM »

Yep, Wife says the same here. Now have to find someone to pack the truck, get the food, clean the trailer, cook the food, wax the boat, lfuel the boat, load the floats, get some extra fuel for he plane, set up the camp and entertain the guest...... while I go get the Ultralight  and land on the beach.  :(   Why does't your wife like to camp? :P

Best of luck in finding that someone!

When we were first married, in the 1970's, we camped all the time.  Lakes, ocean, parks - all over.  Pup tent then a cabin tent then backpack tents.  I have enough camping/backpacking gear to go on primitive camping trips, too. 1 man & 2 man tents & all the ultralight camping stuff.  I figure she got burned out on camping.  Camped a few times in bad storms (when you go for a week, you never know how the weather can turn).

Now she calls roughing it camping at the Holiday Inn.  Know she prefers Marriotts & Hiltons, etc. so that's where we usually "camp".   Went on a few RV trips with friends & she hated it.  Does not like the setting up/taking down plus the infernal racket of a thousand air conditioners in all the RVs especially at bike rallies. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 11:22:57 AM »

I rode but I didn't post...it was not worth, only 15 miles  >:(

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 11:36:00 AM »

Just so everybody understand where I was coming from. I keep hoping that we could organize a boycott of an H-D event in protest of the quality of their products and the attitude of their dealerships. I have lived this lifestyle for 40 years and was drawn to it in the beginning by the attitude of go your own way. Still am, just that we do a lot of bitchin about stuff around here and thought we might be at least be a scratch on the a$$ of the flea on Willie G's dog and at least TRY to make a point.

Someone once said that the only failure is a failure to try

B B

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 12:50:14 PM »

Why not writting an email to W. G. with all our names at the buttom (all who want to be mentioned).  With 5000+ names of CVO owners (some members with more than one CVO) we should be able to get his attention and if it goes public, I'm sure HE will respond rather than risking the wrath of share holders or wall street analysts.

Just mho.

Hunter
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 04:56:07 PM »

Why not writting an email to W. G. with all our names at the buttom (all who want to be mentioned).  With 5000+ names of CVO owners (some members with more than one CVO) we should be able to get his attention and if it goes public, I'm sure HE will respond rather than risking the wrath of share holders or wall street analysts.

Just mho.

Hunter

Good Idea..... :2vrolijk_21: and maybe one of us has some kind the connection with any bike mag and might insert the article in there....... >:(

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008, 03:51:51 PM »

Don't shoot the messenger please:

"Thousands of H.O.G. members around the world took part. And when the virtual odometer finally stopped spinning, Million Mile Monday registered as a huge success. Not only did we meet our goal of riding 1,000,000-plus miles in a single day, we blew it away, with a grand total of 3,000,960 miles, surpassing our goal of 1,000,000 miles by a whopping margin!"

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008, 04:46:13 PM »

"HOG members saved nearly 74,673 gallons of gas on Million Mile Monday"

"That's almost 3,829 barrels of crude oil."

So it was a ride your bike scheme by HD to save crude oil.........   :)

If you do decide to shoot at AJ (not a good idea) & hit me by mistake (worse idea), you are gonna be darned sorry.....

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008, 08:35:31 PM »

"HOG members saved nearly 74,673 gallons of gas on Million Mile Monday"

"That's almost 3,829 barrels of crude oil."

So it was a ride your bike scheme by HD to save crude oil.........   :)

If you do decide to shoot at AJ (not a good idea) & hit me by mistake (worse idea), you are gonna be darned sorry.....

I'm not shootin anyone

padded cells all around

B B

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2008, 08:30:30 AM »

I'm not shootin anyone

padded cells all around

B B

I wish they would pad the walls in my cell.  Damn insurance won't pay for it anymore.....

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2008, 10:02:13 AM »

I wish they would pad the walls in my cell.  Damn insurance won't pay for it anymore.....

If they do make sure they use Kevlar so when B B starts shooting we're safe.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2008, 10:04:37 AM »

If they do make sure they use Kevlar so when B B starts shooting we're safe.

;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 20 queries.